Photo

The Legend of Zelda: The Fort Knights

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Rating (12 member(s) have cast votes)

How would you rate this quest?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 16 December 2007 - 07:34 AM

Ah well.
Hidden in Hersilia there are 4 keys. 3 of them require no items to get at all. The first, you have.
The second, well, try going a couple of screens right from the entrance screen.
The third; leave the cave network by the third exit (the one before where you need the ocarina)
At this point, kill all enemies you see icon_wink.gif

Magma Medallion. I like it icon_smile.gif
It's called the Razmargus Medallion in game though =P

And crazy as in hard or good or what?
I really liked it personally.
I think my bosses work really nicely, they were very simple to make, but they're a nice change from the old flags and direct warp customs bosses, don't you think?

Edited by Joe123, 16 December 2007 - 07:34 AM.

#17 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 December 2007 - 07:59 AM

OK, I have another glimpse on the foam area. I have that "couple screens right from entrance" I think. So off to the kill all enemies thing.

The boss is crazy in the meaning that running in a circle and throwing fire is really a crazy thing. And then it has really crazy eyes near the end!

So, while I search the foams for a third key, I ask you about the graveyard. Got a key, unlocked a peeble, established a bridge, got 2 HCPs and then the roads split. One takes to an overworld screen with invisible enemies, another takes to a dead end cave with invisible enemies. No switched, chest points or such that I could see. Also, I spotted with my keen eyes that I will need the hookshot.

#18 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 16 December 2007 - 08:09 AM

Well the idea is that you don't go anywhere where there are invisible enemies until you have the Gold Tunic.
Your keen eyes need to go and have a look at the screen one to the right of where the invisible enemies are, the screen one south of the cave exit icon_wink.gif

There is a chest point tile there icon_confused2.gif
On the screen after the second exit to the first cave it should be.

Edited by Joe123, 16 December 2007 - 08:10 AM.

#19 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 December 2007 - 09:09 AM

I know that chest point, I slashed the switch, got something from the chest (can't remember what... a key?) but nothing more. Now, off to look at the foam and the rot.

#20 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrator

Posted 16 December 2007 - 10:43 AM

Well, I haven't actually played it much since beta testing it, but it is really good. The quest really captures the gameboy feel. And although half the time I am wandering around aimlessly, I like it a lot. Here is my question, where is the bow?

#21 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 December 2007 - 10:50 AM

How do one kill the foam knight? It just floats from left to right with big eyes without shield, just like I were fighting it for a couple of rounds. No any weapon causes it harm, recording whistling does nothing. I can't interact with any objects. Killing the zora does nothing. I walked through the spikes and got to the magma boss fight, with miscolours, of course.

Also, there seems to be a bug... At the magma area, there is an eyestatue and a chest point. If I shoot the eye statue, it turns into a chest and the chest point turns into a closed eyestatue. It should happen reverse.

Also, I got the spooky medallion. And the better sword.

#22 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrator

Posted 16 December 2007 - 10:52 AM

I experienced the boss problem when I was testing the quest. But before I had the chance to report it, Joe released the quest.

#23 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:01 AM

I finished the Lava and Water dungeons. I hated those jelly fish things. (Bari, aren't they called?)

The Moonlit Grotto midi you used isn't very good though. I recommend you use either this one by Saffith, or this one by me.

What does that switch outside the graveyard dungeon do?

#24 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrator

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:06 AM

If I am not mistaken, that switch turns on a warp portal inside the dungeon. When both are tuned on, you can warp between the two entrances.

#25 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:31 AM

Ok then, how do I get to the heart container piece? Is there an item you're supposed to get in the dungeon?

#26 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Dec 16 2007, 04:50 PM) View Post

How do one kill the foam knight? It just floats from left to right with big eyes without shield, just like I were fighting it for a couple of rounds. No any weapon causes it harm, recording whistling does nothing. I can't interact with any objects. Killing the zora does nothing. I walked through the spikes and got to the magma boss fight, with miscolours, of course.

F**K.
GIUHEGuhesgourhqeguhrghonqekhgnlvyjhbgcaKSD LBgvhkb
GAAAAH.

WHY DOES THIS PERSIST TO HAPPEN.
F*******K

you are playing this in 679 and not 692, right?
I think there might be a problem with the script. This seems to happen at some times, and not at others. The only way you can get past it if you've got this problem is to put on the level 4 cheat (go check in the quest file for it, it's not passworded) and go up to the right hand corner, where the enemy is that hasn't worked properly, and kill it, then go back into the middle of the room and turn off the cheat...
AND DON'T USE IT ANYWHERE ELSE!
Please?
It just ruins the game really.

I'm going to pester Gleeok about why this isn't working, he seems to be in the know about such matters.

I shall make sure to sort out that chest, that's what you get for not bugtesting thoroughly enough. Apologies.

The bow would be in Hersilia (well, just arrows actually, a la LA:DX), you have to play the whistle at a spot obscured by a tree canopy. It is rather obscured though, I think I'll change that.

I was worried it was too obvious where to go all the time, I didn't think I'd have people wondering aimlessly icon_confused2.gif
Any suggestions as to how I could sort that out?

Yah, the Bari are rather hard. I'm going to reduce the number of them.
I quite liked that midi, and although your's and Saffith's are undoubtedly better, I'll save changing that for if/when I release this for AGN's contest.

The switches do exactly what Russ said yes, open up a portal in the opposite entrance to warp Link between the halves of the dungeon. I decided walking was far too long and would just annoy everyone, it's quite a trek between the two.
I didn't bother putting cutscenes showing what happened because
A) it's reasonably (I think?) obvious
B) if it's not it doesn't really matter, no-one's going to leave the switches without tripping them, so most everyone'll gain access to those portals even if they don't realise how they did.

There are no items in any of the dungeons, apart from Heart Container Pieces.
The heart (get it? no? hehehe) of this quest lies in it's overworlds, I am not a favourite of dungeons, sorry.

EDIT: OK, I've PM'ed Gleeok at AGN, hopefully I'll get a response as to why they aren't working sometime soon, it's really starting to cause me quite the headache. I had noticed this, but it's not every single time so I don't know why it's happening.

Edited by Joe123, 16 December 2007 - 11:47 AM.

#27 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:47 AM

Hmm, did you ever end up putting another sword in the game Joe? If so can I get it after level 2 and could you possibly give me a hint as to where it is?

#28 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:19 PM

You'll need the Hookshot.
If you go for a trip to the right hand part of Odentia Catacombs, after you have the Hookshot, you'll find a nice surprise, leading to where you suggested I put the Sword.
There's no cutscene though, maybe I should add one?

On a side note, you might want to try a trip to Ralph in Eyrus Village after Level 2 if you're having a hard time with the enemies.

(Ralph as he was called in OoA, two tile high sprite with the tall hat)

#29 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:55 PM

Found another bug, you can go in and out of this room and the heart piece always reappears. Allowing you as many heart pieces you're heart desires.

IPB Image

#30 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 December 2007 - 01:04 PM

OK, finished it, 5 stars. The overworlds are nicely worked out and the dungeons are mostly simple but always fun. The scripts and beta features make this quest really enjoyable. This equippable tunic thing was a hilarious idea! I died 6 times.

However, I could not fight the final boss because the same bug and this time using cheats didn't solve the problem. In the water level, getting to the boss room with cheat instead of normal ways solved the problem and I could do the fight, but this time the final boss immediately dropped its shield, grew big eyes, and... the main point must be that the core enemy goes to the corner. Just because there were waves coming from the upper left corner. So I went through the already opened gate and got the ending.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users