Photo

The Legend of Zelda: The Fort Knights

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Rating (12 member(s) have cast votes)

How would you rate this quest?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 15 December 2007 - 05:35 PM

..::The Legend of Zelda - The Fort Knights::..
By Joe123

.:Story:.
After his experience on the island of Koholint, Link was exploring uncharted areas of Hyrule.
As he came to the prow of a great mountain, he saw in the distance something he thought he would never see again
Flying towards link was a being of great power, an enigma capable of controlling his very dreams...
And once again, Link was greeted by the Windfish.
Before he realised what was happening, A rift opened in the very mountain upon which he was stood
And Hyrule dissapeared, to be replaced with a strange new land.
As Link awoke to see what had become of his wherabouts, the words of the windfish echoed in this head...
'Fear the Fort Knights Link'!

.:Controls:.
Start - Pressing 'start' will bring up the subscreen where Link can equip different Items, and check the quest status and maps.
A && B - When in the subscreen, Link can equip different items to the A and B buttons. Move the cursor to an item, then press 'A' or 'B' to equip the item to that button. The item attributed to that button can then be used in-game.
L - A variety of actions can be performed with the 'L' button. Link can roll, talk to NPCs, read signposts and other area-specific actions with the 'L' button.

.:How to set up The Legend of Zelda - The Fort Knights:.
Firstly, The Legend of Zelda - The Fort Knights must be played in Zelda Classic 2.5 build 679.
When you have opened Zelda Classic, and reached the name entry screen, register a new name. Place the cursor on this name, and press the 'A' button. Then press it again to browse for a custom quest. When you have selected The Legend of Zelda - The Fort Knights, press 'OK', then press 'start'.

You will then be displayed with the 'Designer's Note'. Be sure to follow these instructions, otherwise you may have your items removed by a bug in the game. This is not intentional, but no other way around this bug could be found.

.:Items:.
.Initial Items.
Link starts with 8 heart containers, the Level 1 Sword and Shield, an Empty Bottle and 4 Bombs.
From the shop on the first screen of Eyrus Village, Link can buy more Bombs, a Potion to put in the Bottle, or the Level 2 Shield that will block fireballs.

.Weaponry.
As Link progresses through the quest, a variety of extra weapons will become available to him.
Sword - The Sword is Link's key weapon. Used to take down a variety of enemies and trip lever-switches, it is an important and powerful asset. Rumour has it that another, more powerful sword may be hidden in the world of the Fort Knights also...
Bombs - Link starts with 4 bombs, and can carry up to a maximum of 10. Some enemies drop bombs. Bombs can be used to blast through some obstacles, and are also a powerful weapon against many enemies.
Ember Seeds - Link can aquire Ember Seeds, which will unleash a small ball of flame, capable of damaging some enemies and burning small bushes.
Arrows - After Link aquires Arrows, he can buy more from the shop in Eyrus Village. Arrows are a powerful, long-ranged weapon. Link can hold 30 Arrows.
Hookshot - Link can use the Hookshot to latch onto certain rocks, pulling himself across holes. The Hookshot can also be used to freeze almost all enemies - including Darknuts and Wizzrobes!
Hammer - Link's Hammer will smash through all enemy defences, as well as pounding pegs into the ground.
Boomerang - Ralph who lives in Eyrus Village has a Boomerang for sale to Link. With this weapon, Link can paralyze many enemies, making them much easier to defeat!

.Tunics.
Red - The Red Tunic will allow Link to survive in hot areas, which are usually cautioned to him by signs.
Blue - The Blue Tunic will allow Link to swim.
Gold - The Gold Tunic will allow Link to see invisible enemies, aswell as raising his defence!

.Miscellaneous.
Potion - Link can drink a Potion to restore 8 hearts of Life.
Ocarina - The Ocarina can be used to trigger a variety of secrets.
Roc's Cape - When Link aquires the Roc's Cape, he will be able to fly over many obstacles.
Heart Container Piece - There are 20 Heart Container Pieces scattered across the land. When Link aquires four Heart Container Pieces, his maximum hearts will increase by one.
Heart Container - When Link defeats a Fort Knight, he will get one extra Heart Container.

.Quest Items.
The three Medallions held by the Fort Knights in Razmargus, Hersilia and Odentia will allow Link access to where the Commander Knight dwells in Tasmerat Fort.

For Pictures go to http://s146.photobuc.....Fort Knights/

DOWNLOAD HERE!
PLAY IN 2.5 BUILD 679, NOT 692 OR 693!

#2 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 15 December 2007 - 06:00 PM

Well, seeing as that link appears to not work unless you're logged in as me (and hopefully noone else is =P), I'll post the images here.
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image

And for anyone who doesn't know, you can get 2.5 build 679 at
www.shardstorm.com

Also, don't play it in the lastest build (697) either, because the bug that's causing me problems is still broken there.

And here is another download mirror at FileFront.
I think it's unlikely that the other one won't work, it seems quite reliable, but just to make sure:
Here it is!

Edited by Joe123, 16 December 2007 - 05:34 PM.

#3 Plissken

Plissken

• Members

Posted 15 December 2007 - 06:03 PM

Thank you Joe, the link you gave me with the pics made me enter in a password. I was about to PM you about that.

#4 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 15 December 2007 - 06:18 PM

I haven't played it yet, but I must say, you use that tileset very well! Those screenshots look awesome!

#5 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 15 December 2007 - 06:43 PM

Can't find the red tunic...or the blue one...or the gold one...

#6 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 15 December 2007 - 06:51 PM

Try a bit harder?
The red tunic is in Razmargus, the blue tunic is in Hersilia and the gold tunic in Odentia. They aren't too hard to find really, you should have them before you get into the dungeons.

Glad you like my screens Link75

I'll PM you with better instructions if you want?
I don't want to post them just here really.

Edited by Joe123, 15 December 2007 - 06:52 PM.

#7 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 15 December 2007 - 06:59 PM

Damn you, gotta get a new build D=

looks great though!

#8 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 15 December 2007 - 08:23 PM

I know what area to find them in. I can thank the villagers for that. Problem is, it seems like I need the Red Tunic to get the Red Tunic. There's no keys in those first few screens. And what's with that Ganon-shaped rock, anyway?

#9 Plissken

Plissken

• Members

Posted 15 December 2007 - 10:50 PM

You know the screen where you kill the octorocks and the darknut zmaster? You can go south from there, you will find the key there.

Anyway, it seems that instead of dieing within the hot rooms without wearing the red tunic you are rewarded with invincibility once all of your hearts go away. Kinda a ruining bug, so try to fix it and give me a new link and I'll change it in the topic.

EDIT: Wait, this only seems to happen in the hot block puzzle room.

Edited by Plissken, 15 December 2007 - 10:52 PM.

#10 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 15 December 2007 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE(Plissken @ Dec 15 2007, 09:50 PM) View Post

You know the screen where you kill the octorocks and the darknut zmaster? You can go south from there, you will find the key there.

I've gotten further than that, but I can't find the red tunic. There are two hot areas for dead ends and a place where it looks like I need arrows to shoot the statue and another key. Can't find any of this stuff.

#11 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 16 December 2007 - 05:14 AM

QUOTE(Plissken @ Dec 16 2007, 04:50 AM) View Post
Anyway, it seems that instead of dieing within the hot rooms without wearing the red tunic you are rewarded with invincibility once all of your hearts go away. Kinda a ruining bug, so try to fix it and give me a new link and I'll change it in the topic.

you WHAT?!
guh...
I'll go and have a look at that.

Anyway. Seeing as this is starting to become a problem;
From the start of Razmargus Flows, if you head south, you should be able to find 2 keys and the Ember Seeds.

And althought it may seem that once you get to that point you need the Red Tunic to get the Red Tunic, well, you don't!
You just have to be a bit brave with your escapades into the hot areas =P

And also, judging which areas are hotter is probably key. One of the areas takes away quarter hearts, and there's a potion in a chest in the room. That was supposed to be a clue that it's still accessable, even though you don't have the Tunic yet (owing to the fact that it's in the next room)
One of the areas takes away whole hearts every half a second, so you die very quickly; you need the tunic.
One of the areas is a large cave network with at least 8 screens, each with half a heart every second, so you can't make it through to the end without the tunic. (Also when you get to the end every room after it is hot also).

So yeah, that's how you get the red tunic.
If you're finding the hot room beforehand difficult (I know I made it, but I did manage it on 3 hearts without the potion), go and beat Hersilia or Odentia first and get some more life.

And I'm afraid you won't be finding the arrows in Razmargus, Link75.

EDIT: wow, now that is interesting Plissken. I shall most definately have to go and have a poke at it and see what's wrong.
If anyone has noticed that bug, please don't try and do it _
It'll ruin the game

OK! Bug is FIXED!
And seeing as I deleted the old file and uploaded one with exactly the same name, there's no need to update the link. Thanks anyway, Plissken.

OH! and big rocks that look like Ganon zmaster?
They're just ornaments =P
Don't expect to be seeing Ganon here.
The last boss is perhaps more challenging though, has anyone got that far yet? russ? Plissken?
Just wondering and all.

Edited by Joe123, 16 December 2007 - 05:42 AM.

#12 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 December 2007 - 05:55 AM

And what about the blue tunic? I got a key, used it up, then got another key, used it up, then stepped on blue switches that made bridges. Now, the bridge is open to a block that requires a third key, plus there is a ladder, but seems like I need the arrow for it. Also, seems like I need the tape recorder (flute)...

While somebody answerz, I go and play mazochist by going through a hot area to get that "eeeeeeeeeeeeasy to get" red tunic.

#13 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 16 December 2007 - 05:58 AM

Yeah this is a pretty good quest as i was beta testing it

i had this only problam

WHERE IS THE RED TUNIC
because i need it

wait i just read your post i'll go and look for it (the resion i asked was beacsue i died very quicick after i found that hot area.

Also joe i can do the block puzzle in the heat with 1 heart left and no potion.

#14 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 16 December 2007 - 06:50 AM

CC: You know the spots where you could create portals with the tune of echoes in OoA?
(No? Well they're brown with yellowish circles in, you'll never see more than one per screen and only on the overworld)
Chests appear on those spots. Have a look one screen to the left of your lock-block problem icon_wink.gif

Exactly Billy!
It's not very hard really is it.
Thanks =P

Oh and I think you'll find its an OCARINA CC icon_blah.gif
Even the subscreen says so.

Edited by Joe123, 16 December 2007 - 06:51 AM.

#15 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 December 2007 - 07:29 AM

I already got that chest I don't remember what was in it, but according to what you just said, it was a key. In this case I used it up. Along with an other key. I need a third.

Meanwhile, in Razmaragus Flows...
I got the magma medallion (That boss was crazy!) and the HCP from the dungeon.

So, now I'm off to the graveyard until you tell me more secrets... I mean, the location of the third tidal key.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users