item script request

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:43 PM

hi guys how's going ? i would like to ask a item script that would be original: i would like that item script. in fact one of those 2 items scripts.

-> the Electric Sword:

It's just a simple sword with a script implented on it. When Link have full of his HP the sword would throws a electric beam that shocks the enemys instead of killing it. (with the electrocuted animation) It also actives some 'electrics switch' that it only works with that sword. (with ffc and placing on a switch) However that sword will not the updated sword. (it'll be a normal item instead.) The item uses magics.

-> the Kamara's Grimoire:

It's a strange grimoire that the scripts allows Link to disappears on a black hole and for a couple of seconds the player can move 'black hole' everywhere the players wants before Link reappears by getting out of the black hole. The item allows even the player to get trough scripted walls (combos numbers), and trough pitholes and lava. (that includes trought 'No Grounds Enemys' flags. However using the item will cost some magics as long Link is hidden in the black hole.

as i said i would like to have at least one of those 2 items scripts but you can feel free to making 2 items scripts but i have to test it to determine if i add one of them or both. Thanks~

Edited by Sans, 14 March 2019 - 05:43 PM.

#2 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:05 PM

hi guys how's going ? i would like to ask a item script that would be original: i would like that item script. in fact one of those 2 items scripts.

-> the Electric Sword:

It's just a simple sword with a script implented on it. When Link have full of his HP the sword would throws a electric beam that shocks the enemys instead of killing it. (with the electrocuted animation) It also actives some 'electrics switch' that it only works with that sword. (with ffc and placing on a switch) However that sword will not the updated sword. (it'll be a normal item instead.) The item uses magics.

-> the Kamara's Grimoire:

It's a strange grimoire that the scripts allows Link to disappears on a black hole and for a couple of seconds the player can move 'black hole' everywhere the players wants before Link reappears by getting out of the black hole. The item allows even the player to get trough scripted walls (combos numbers), and trough pitholes and lava. (that includes trought 'No Grounds Enemys' flags. However using the item will cost some magics as long Link is hidden in the black hole.

as i said i would like to have at least one of those 2 items scripts but you can feel free to making 2 items scripts but i have to test it to determine if i add one of them or both. Thanks~

Is this for your 2.55 quest? Both of these would be far more reasonable for that.

The book can simply be an item script that keeps running; and the sword beam, a weapon script. Giving each enemy a unique shock animation though, would be a lot of work.

A visual effect placed on them, such as sparkles, would be more reasonable, and you would not need to make special tiles for every enemy in your quest.

#3 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 15 March 2019 - 06:05 PM

this is for 2.50.2 :) unformately i have to wait to uses 2.55 until the version is completed. I cannot allows myself to do the same mistake with the Cursed Treasure quest with my current quest because of this :/ last time i did try to continues my quest on the 2.55 version it was no longer supported for the 2.50.2 and i have to start all over the quest and all :/ so let's say the script would be for 2.50.2. 

#4 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 16 March 2019 - 03:53 AM

this is for 2.50.2 :) unformately i have to wait to uses 2.55 until the version is completed. I cannot allows myself to do the same mistake with the Cursed Treasure quest with my current quest because of this :/ last time i did try to continues my quest on the 2.55 version it was no longer supported for the 2.50.2 and i have to start all over the quest and all :/ so let's say the script would be for 2.50.2.

Then, nope. Too complicated.

#5 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 16 March 2019 - 09:37 AM

oh ok... then i think i'll pick the 2.55 version but i'll keep the script and wait until the 2.55 full version is ready.

#6 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 16 March 2019 - 01:06 PM

My ideas:

1. For the grimoire, just make it cost magic one time when Link hides in the black hole instead of constant drain magic.
2. For the shocked enemies, it seems like you want them to be stunned but appear shocked. Perhaps this could be done in 2.55 by changing the enemy's CSet to yellow CSet, white CSet, yellow CSet, then back to normal to give the appearance of surged with electricity.

#7 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 17 March 2019 - 09:53 AM

that would be usefull 

#8 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 19 March 2019 - 10:00 AM

so let me guess: nobody makes 2.50.2 scripts but only for 2.55 anymore i'm right ?

#9 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:35 PM

so let me guess: nobody makes 2.50.2 scripts but only for 2.55 anymore i'm right ?

I make simple script requests for it but not stuff that pretty much wants to be an npc script or a weapon script. When I can make something in 1/5 of the code with a fraction of the system overhead, why would I want to do otherwise?

Also being able to do things in much cleaner syntax is important to me; as is being able to repurpose my work elsewhere. If I made something in the old way for 2.50 then it'd be a one-off and I would need to completely rewrite it if I want it to use it for mesel or for someone else.

Keep in mind that script requests aren't something that you can expect given to you. A lot of people, including me, made stuff for you in the last few years; but at some point you need to learn at least enough about how this stuff works to make some od it on your own or you need to be extremely patient.

Regarding issues with your other quest that you converted, I can in fact convert it back to 2.50 format; but you told me that it was all working after I modified ghost.zh for you and fixed that volcano script. I dso not know in which way your quest broke but you know we can try to fix it instead of complaining that you converted it over.

Learn from this: Keep backups!

If you absolutely need to recover the quest in 2.50 format I can try to do that but it will take a while--it needs a special build to export it--and anything that uses a 2.55 feature will be pruned out of it.

#10 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 21 March 2019 - 10:03 AM

alright 

#11 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 26 March 2019 - 02:30 PM

I know that you'll hate this, but, here's my take on your magic book, as a 2.55 item script.

Not tested yet, but this is infinitely less complex than what would be required for 2.50.x, and you could literally install it in thirty seconds, and configure it in under two minutes in the new version. Everything that it uses is set right from the item editor.

Once I test and debug it, I'll post a test quest.

#12 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 27 March 2019 - 06:23 PM

alright thanks 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users