Bad News?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:35 PM

My interests are as unpredictable as the tides. Except for the fact that we can totally predict the tides ...

What I'm trying to say is that for me, it's important that I follow my interests wherever they lead me. I try to be disciplined sometimes. I try to force myself to work on things. But in the end, it works better if I just go with the flow. And right now, the flow is going away from this project.

When will it come back? I don't know. But it seems only fair to let you guys know I'm not actively working on this right now. I think a big part of it is that I feel like I'm doing the same thing I did before. I tend to get bored unless I'm always doing something bigger, pushing myself even further, learning more.

Is this project dead? Absolutely not. But I hope you guys don't mind waiting a little longer.

In the mean time, I'm working on a little something called Hitodama. I hope you all can look forward to that to fill the gap. :)
  • Eddy, Jared and Demonlink like this

#2 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:37 PM

On larger projects we all sometimes need to step away to do something else for a bit to keep ourselves from completely losing any motivation to work on it. That's completely understandable. Come back when you feel like it, and in the meantime have fun with whatever you're working on!
  • Aevin likes this

#3 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:26 PM

I wantz progez!  :tard:

But yeah, it's totally understandable, I myself have taken a few breaks every once and a while, so no problem ;)

• Aevin likes this

#4 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:38 PM

I believe what you are feeling is normal. It's a shame that many of the 2014 expo quests are suffering this faith.

Avataro is currently experiencing the same kinda thing and as such I don't see any Ganon's Curse or TRIFORCE updates in the near future.

I tend to take time away during the summer months, so Souls 2 won't see much if any progress either until the summer ends.

I just think this is a normal thing.
  • Aevin likes this

#5 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:26 PM

Just be like me, update once in a blue moon till everyone forgets your quest exists. You're still working on it, but it doesn't matter if you don't touch it for three-and-a-half months. :D
  • strike, Jared and Aevin like this

#6 Legen Dary

Legen Dary

Freak Scene

• Members

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:10 AM

What is Hitodama?

• Aevin likes this

#7 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:59 AM

I'm perfectly fine with waiting longer. I understand you've lost interest in the current quest and I do this all the time, but I do hope to see progress return to this project.

Also, Hitodama sounds really interesting.

• Aevin likes this

#8 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:48 PM

What is Hitodama?

I'm glad you asked. ;)

The title is Japanese for "will-o-wisp". It's a metroidvania style quest featuring a big labyrinth, unique characters, elemental spells, and an almost completely original tileset. I tend to make the kinds of games I'd love to play, so if others' tastes are anything like my own, this should be pretty fun.

There's a few screens floating around here and there on the forum, but I'd like to keep most of the details a secret. I'm having a blast making it, and it shouldn't take nearly as long as something like HM2.

• Avaro, Evan20000 and Legen Dary like this

#9 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:56 PM

I can definetly understand if your interests move on to other things. I don't mind waiting a bit longer and a break from a quest can always be a good thing, as you can gather new ideas while being away from the project.

Hitodama really seems like something I'd play too. :)

• Aevin likes this

#10 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:28 AM

I'm not the best when it comes to these types of threads, but whatever you do, do with confidence. If you feel like it's best to put your quest on hold, do so. Forcefully making your quest isn't fun at all, and it may not even obtain any quality. I'm glad this project isn't dead, because I have full faith that this quest is going to do just fine, no matter how long it takes. :)

• Aevin likes this

#11 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:16 AM

Just do it little by little when you're motivated to do so.  No real point in forcing the quest out prematurely.  Not many people can work on a quest from start to finish with no real breaks.  Sometimes a little break can result in new ideas to try later on.

• Aevin likes this

#12 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:48 AM

A lengthy break can do you a lot of good I've found. I won't say I've felt more motivated to work on LQfC than ever before lately, but it's certainly a lot better than when I last put the project aside. So no need to worry about keeping us waiting, take all the time you need to get the ZC juices flowing again.

I'm getting pretty excited for Hitodama too. I guess the "Reveal very little" strategy is working. :P

• Aevin likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users