downloading a new tile set

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 chris cervoni

chris cervoni

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 11 December 2022 - 06:30 PM

i downloaded 2 or three tile sets and i am i cant figure out how to open them on my zquest. i am using 2.55

#2 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 11 December 2022 - 06:52 PM

All you have to do (assuming these are .qst tilesets) is go to file->Open and open the tileset like you would any other quest.

#3 chris cervoni

chris cervoni

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 12 December 2022 - 11:56 AM

after i downloaded a tile set when i try to open it it ask to open with what it says get app and there is no app then says media player by it

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 12 December 2022 - 05:50 PM

You should be opening it from within ZQuest. Open ZQuest first, then go to File->Open.

#5 chris cervoni

chris cervoni

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 14 December 2022 - 09:54 AM

i still cant get those tile sets to open

#6 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 14 December 2022 - 11:05 PM

What tileset are you trying to open, and what version of ZQuest are you using to open it?

#7 chris cervoni

chris cervoni

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 15 December 2022 - 12:44 AM

dor tileset 2.55 i did get them working but after i saved it and turned my laptop off. later when i turned it by on the tiles sets i imported and got working were all gone and a spent over a hour trying re import them and still get them back on it
i meant still cant get them back on
the first time i got the new tiles working i did export and it saved it and i think i did import and for some reason when i went to open they were there but now cant get that to work

#8 chris cervoni

chris cervoni

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 15 December 2022 - 10:33 AM

cant anyone help me figure out why these tiles i downloaded wont open they dont show up whe you click files and go to open the tilesets i downloaded dont show up

#9 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 15 December 2022 - 12:16 PM

dor tileset 2.55 i did get them working but after i saved it and turned my laptop off. later when i turned it by on the tiles sets i imported and got working were all gone and a spent over a hour trying re import them and still get them back on it
i meant still cant get them back on
the first time i got the new tiles working i did export and it saved it and i think i did import and for some reason when i went to open they were there but now cant get that to work

There are 3 DoR tilesets, knowing which one you are trying to open would help.

What are you talking about "importing" or "exporting"? Once you have the `.qst` file from the download page, you open `zquest.exe`, then you `File->Open` and select the downloaded `.qst` file. Then, you edit the quest to make your own quest. At no point in there is any "importing" or "exporting" involved.

#10 chris cervoni

chris cervoni

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 15 December 2022 - 01:36 PM

the updated version with snow on the trees and ground

#11 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 15 December 2022 - 02:52 PM

the updated version with snow on the trees and ground

...and you completely did not answer the second half of my post. What trouble are you having opening the quest file?

#12 chris cervoni

chris cervoni

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 15 December 2022 - 03:04 PM

when you go to file and go to open it doesnt have the tiles i downloaded

#13 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 15 December 2022 - 03:34 PM

when you go to file and go to open it doesnt have the tiles i downloaded

. . . . What? Where did you place the downloaded file? Do you know how to find a file on a computer?

#14 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 15 December 2022 - 03:58 PM

not sure is the best way, but starting from zero try this :

first open whit zlaunch - once open launch ZQ, load your quest ( not the tileset ) - now go on the righ part of screen when you see the tiles, right click on mouse and select "open tile   page", now go more down you can, when you are sure there only pages whit  blank tiles, select one of the empty tiles and select grab - now load the tileset and..grab all you want..of course the colors and style clash is all another story..

i think the emily advice is better, is the more correct but if for some strange reason it don't work on you PC you may try like this

#15 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 15 December 2022 - 04:08 PM

not sure is the best way, but starting from zero try this :

first open whit zlaunch - once open launch ZQ, load your quest ( not the tileset ) - now go on the righ part of screen when you see the tiles, right click on mouse and select "open tile   page", now go more down you can, when you are sure there only pages whit  blank tiles, select one of the empty tiles and select grab - now load the tileset and..grab all you want..of course the colors and style clash is all another story..

i think the emily advice is better, is the more correct but if for some strange reason it don't work on you PC you may try like this

Grabbing tilesets is not the proper way to use a tileset, as you won't have the same palette at all. You would need to import SO MUCH from the tileset to use it. When you are starting in a tileset, you should always open the tileset as a .qst and edit it directly. Using grabbing as a way to get tiles out of the tileset is only useful if you are stealing some tiles from one tileset into another tileset.

• Dark Ice Dragon likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users