Photo

Screenshot of the Week 61

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Pic? (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Pic?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Aegis Runestone

Aegis Runestone

Cecil Harvey - Paladin

• Members

Posted 28 July 2004 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Jul 28 2004, 05:44 PM)
He submitted it in EOTW, I believe.

It would be so awesome if Happyman's shot won. icon_lol.gif

Happyman would be upset. I heard him complaining about the last submission he made and it had won. He didn't like that because it had been a JOKE submission like this one. icon_razz.gif

I null-voted because I can't decide.

#17 Ccc

Ccc

Adept

• Members

Posted 28 July 2004 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Jul 28 2004, 04:12 PM)
Everybody always says that... but this is Gerudo Valley; it doesn't have bushes or grass. icon_rolleyes.gif I'll add stuff to this scene, but not greenery.

Also, perhaps a better word would be "too barren." These days people get annoyed when you use the word "bland" because it says nothing specific about the shot.

Yeah barren would be a better word.
Try adding some rocks.

#18 Breadguy

Breadguy

Warrior

• Members

Posted 28 July 2004 - 05:57 PM

I'm to lazy to write out a big thingy this week. I would have to say CCC, get my vote. Simply because he used those tiles just right. I like the trees, although that bright part at the top is annoying.. I like teh grass it is perfect. The border on the edges of the grass, I like too. Radien, would have been my second vote. I love those mountains. And that bridge. But like CCC, said. You could have added a little more to it, but like you Radien said. It's Gerudo Valley, so I guess there wouldn't be much. *Shrugs* Also NoeLs, pic was awesome! I love those new dungeon tiles. I would really want to use them. I've been waiting for a new dungeon set. Looks good NoeL. By the way.. Are those complete, NoeL? Anyways.. All of the shots were good, It was kinda hard to vote. Also there was a lot of submissions this week. So I didn't feel like going through a big explaination for ones pics. Anyways.. I'm out! icon_biggrin.gif

#19 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 28 July 2004 - 05:58 PM

Hmm... well Ccc's is the only shot that i really like. You know what i've noticed? Overworld tiles, greeneery. Thats what wins SOTW. You MUST have trees in order to win, as it would seem. A well coloured OW screen shot, no matter how boring the setup is (not to say that previous winners were boring), will generaly win the contest.

Anywho, my vote goes to Ccc... because it looks fantastic, and the shadows add much more to it.

*********reads votes************
Aww man! i cant believe im on par with Happyman!

********reads codelinker's post*******
No they're not quite complete, plus they wont be released for a long long time, not until after i've finished my quest, then i'll release all my custom tiles to the public.

Edited by NoeL, 28 July 2004 - 06:05 PM.

#20 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 28 July 2004 - 06:03 PM

I would have voted for Ccc. I'll rate all of them later.

#21 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 28 July 2004 - 06:39 PM

I'm too lazy to come up with a full review for each shot right now, so I'll just say Ccc got my vote. NoeL was a very close second, though. icon_smile.gif

Oh, and I should add: HAPPYMAN'S SHOT R0X0RZ!!!!! Too bad I didn't see it when I was voting. icon_frown.gif

Edited by Ben, 28 July 2004 - 06:43 PM.

#22 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 28 July 2004 - 10:35 PM

Radien: Nice, but, my only complaint was at ZCU. icon_wink.gif
Ccc: This is really nice. It has a nice, darkish mood to it.
NoeL: I really don't like the feel of this shot. I mean, the bottom and top, kind of feel the same level, but, the tiles don't show it. It's really kind of giving me a headache. icon_sorry.gif
Happyman: Damn this PWNs.
Nick: This has a really nice feel to it. Nice job Nick. icon_wink.gif
Hero Link: Maybe you should end those borders. That's getting me a bit. icon_sweat.gif But, nice Overworld/ Dungeon mix.
Ian: Those clouds are still bugging me. icon_sorry.gif Good variety of...well, everything. icon_heh.gif
CrystalBlade: Well, this is good, but borders would make this look 2x better. icon_wink.gif
FireStorm: Nice GB Screen. Like the brush and the trees. Nice job. icon_wink.gif

#23 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 29 July 2004 - 12:05 AM

icon_odd2.gif now Happyman is beating me? icon_disgust.gif You should be ashamed if you voted for him, what about the people who devoted time and effort into making a decent screenshot? did you stop to consider their feelings? icon_cry.gif I'm not having a whinge because im being beaten, i didnt enter this week to win, if i did i wouldve had an OW screen shot (Praethus can vouch for me on this), but i'm just saying its a bit insulting when people would rather vote on the joke than your screen shot. The joke is he entered a crappy shot, big deal, theres no need to vote for him icon_sigh.gif

*****edit*****
oh, and do you guys like my shark? icon_razz.gif

Edited by NoeL, 29 July 2004 - 12:12 AM.

#24 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 29 July 2004 - 12:20 AM

Yeah, that is really irritating. icon_sweat.gif If you don't know which one to vote for, then NULL VOTE. Happyman would be just as pissed as everyone else if his shot won. And voting for a joke shot also denies us valuable feedback. DON'T VOTE FOR JOKE SHOTS.

Sheesh.

#25 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 July 2004 - 12:24 AM

Ccc gets my vote. I have a problem or two with the other shots in one way or another, regardless of how greatly set up they are. I thought I should actually REALLY start critiquing shots, instead of saying they all look great.

Radien - A very nice custom bridge indeed, along with the great rocks. icon_wink.gif Thing is, there is too much brown for my liking (I know it's a mountain shot, but this is just me). As for improvements on the shot, I see none needing to be made, but mountain shots aren't my cup of tea... not to mention too much of one color. icon_neutral.gif

Ccc - The best shot of them all, IMHO. They colors are very nice, and they are perfect on the eyes. The shot has action as well, and even a shadow to go over from the cliff below. Good job. icon_thumbsup.gif

NoeL - Incredible tiles as always icon_smile.gif, but my problem with this shot is the great amount of blue here. It's just the fact of so much blue here, similar to the great amount of brown in Radien's shot.

LinktheMaster - The shot is set up well, but the fact that everything is dark and the sprites are not can be bothersome. icon_neutral.gif

Happyman - It's a joke, no need to talk about this. icon_razz.gif

Nick - Definetely the greatest caption of every screenshot in this week. icon_lol.gif The screen itself is overall good, but now it's really one of those times, where you just say to yourself, "I can't choose this as the winning shot.". icon_shrug.gif

Hero Link - My problem with it is the same as LTM's. The border of the dungeon wall at the left... it just runs into the rocks. icon_eek.gif The smallest things, can be the most horrible. If anything, this would be my third place vote, as I like dungeon/ow mixes. icon_smile.gif

IaN - This shot is very well made. An excellent custom subscreen, but... the Link. As much as I like LTTP, I always hated the pink hair. Very disturbing. Aside from that, this gets second place from me. icon_wink.gif

CrystalBlade - Very well set up, but I dislike how the default colors are for the pure set with caves. The colors are what bother me, obviously. :\

FireStorm - Good ol' GB tileset. The shot is nice, and because of the subscreen, that makes up for me beign irritated by all of the green. But, when compared to the other shots with 16 bit ^ tiles (excluding Happyman's icon_razz.gif), this didn't get my vote. :\

Well, I seemed to be a lot more picky with shots and such this week, but truthfully, this is how I am. I'm a very picky person, just one small thing could ruin something.

But I'd have to honestly say, this is one of the best SOTW's I've seen (The shots in this case). icon_smile.gif

#26 CrystalBlade

CrystalBlade

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 29 July 2004 - 02:57 AM

I null vote only to find that Happyman's has 5 votes and mine has none. Great... icon_sweat.gif

Radien: It's so-so. Nice bridge! icon_smile.gif

Ccc: Okay, this is an awesome shot! It has really good mountain tiles!

NoeL: Pretty good. I like how the shark "reflects" in the water. icon_thumbsup.gif

LinktheMaster: Simialar to last week. Those link tiles own.

Happyman: You should be thwarted, Happyman! icon_lol.gif

Nick: Normal Pure shot. Are those flowers layered?

Hero Link: This is good, but the border on the mountain looks really weird. icon_confused.gif

Ian: Not bad. Different colored trees, I see!

CrystalBlade: Mine! I'm suprised this hasn't gotten a vote yet. icon_mad.gif

FireStorm Nice rips. Could be more random though.

I would have voted for Ccc.

Edited by CrystalBlade, 29 July 2004 - 02:58 AM.

#27 Ielen

Ielen

Adept

• Members

Posted 29 July 2004 - 10:18 AM

My comments :-

Radien
I like your bridge, looks kinda like King Arthur style icon_smile.gif The waterfall & mountain arrangement looks great.

Ccc
Awesome looking valley and picturesque scenery. Those trees look amazing & I like the sunset shadow effect by the edge.

Noel
Weird looking dungeon room & gives me a slight headache as I'm focusing my view from a 60 degree inclined angle looking down. The shark looks nice though icon_smile.gif

LinkTheMaster
Nice looking darkened green environment. I like the unique trees & mountain tiles used.

Happyman
No comment. Thought you hated the classic tileset?

Nick
Looks like the start of a complicated puzzle maze. I like how the environment as it gives a sense of mystery.

Hero Link
The broken bridge leaves Link helpless but an overworld in a dungeon does look odd.

Ian
An impressive screenshot, where it gives one the feeling of being careful with their steps as one wrong step spells a long fall down to the world below.

CrystalBlade
Nice looking dungeon room & quite interesting set up.

FireStorm
Good work on giving the Gameboy style environment a nice boost.

Ccc's screenshot is the best looking this week icon_smile.gif Well done icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by Ielen, 29 July 2004 - 10:18 AM.

#28 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 29 July 2004 - 11:38 AM

Uh oh... too many submissions this time... icon_freak.gif

I'm just going to say that Ccc's shot got my vote. Ian is a very close second because of his suberb subscreen and layout. But there's just something about Ccc's shot... maybe it's the tiles. icon_smile.gif
And because I am a lover of hard work and original tiles a special mention goes to NoeL though his shot looks quite weird to me.

NoeL
You know what i've noticed? Overworld tiles, greeneery. Thats what wins SOTW. You MUST have trees in order to win, as it would seem. A well coloured OW screen shot, no matter how boring the setup is (not to say that previous winners were boring), will generaly win the contest.

Exactly. You seem to be aware of how things really are. But nothing surprises me in SOTW's anymore since again a joke submission is almost winning...

#29 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 July 2004 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE(Ielen @ Jul 29 2004, 10:18 AM)
Happyman
No comment. Thought you hated the classic tileset?

I do. Notice the description. It's a joke.

#30 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 29 July 2004 - 03:33 PM

More overworld screen shot are submitted than any other screen shot. So of course more overworld screen shot will win. icon_rolleyes.gif

I voted for Ccc's. And your trees look similar to one of my new trees I just made three days ago.

icon_king.gif PrinceMSC icon_king.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users