Photo

Screenshot of the Week 205

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

Poll: SotW 205 (71 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite Screen!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:57 AM

waaooow cooool, looks like I might win two SOTW in a row! icon_naughty.gif

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Apr 6 2008, 10:05 PM) View Post

Ebola: I'll only say that I'm definitely NOT a NoeL wannabe. (No offense if youhappen to read this, old "chum" icon_razz.gif)

No offence taken, and I can see you're definitely NOT a me wannabe, I would have used two screens rather than one with only tiny bits of walkability on either side icon_razz.gif Pretty solid use of the tiles, in my mind the design isn't "great" (in fact it's kinda awful icon_heh.gif ) but everyone has their tastes... it is pretty though... except for the subscreen. That little corner design doesn't really hide the fact that it's mosly flat boring colour...

#17 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:24 PM

Heh, Ebola's screen is quite nice, but it's just the graphics, and I've seen them before.
It doesn't look very practical, the walkability seems really low.

I voted Migo.
Lots of good screens this week though.

#18 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:57 PM

Well, I would of voted for Migokalle for this week, but.........Ebola somehow knows that I love Noel's tiles from that one tileset by Noel.
Though to be honest I don't like the subscreen much. icon_unsettled.gif

But still, I voted for Ebola. icon_clap.gif

Edited by HeavyTitanium, 07 April 2008 - 02:00 PM.

#19 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 07 April 2008 - 02:40 PM

About the design, it's really more my style than anything else- plus, that particular screen has no enemies, so open space is pretty much useless in that shot anyway.

Also, I covered ALL of my corners except one, and you cant even walk up there.

EDIT: I also really fail to see how using NoeL's graphics makes me a NoeL wannabe- I guess most all of you are wannabes, since you aren't using your own tilesets. icon_shrug.gif Sorry, I just don't get that.

Edited by Ebola Zaire, 07 April 2008 - 02:43 PM.

#20 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 April 2008 - 02:56 PM

billy ronald - 6/10
One of the better of the shots I have seen from you. I find the trees in the bushes to look awkward, but I might not know what I am talking about there. What you did with the tiles seems to work, although there is room for more detail overall.

CastChaos - 6/10
A functional dungeon screen. Not the most awe inspiring, but well organized nonetheless.

Ebola Zaire - 9/10
Beautiful is the first thing that comes to my mind. The best shots make people ga ga over them, and this is one of them. For something that I think is "NoeLesque", you pulled it off well with your own twist to it. And as simple as it is, I love that subscreen. The box borders and that particular shade of green are awesome. You da man.

Evile - 6/10
It looks well organized, but I am not enjoying the color scheme and the combination of certain tiles. Those palm trees don't seem to fit with those larger trees on the upper ledge. They don't seem to mix for the same screen, or more generally, the same quest. I wonder if there are larger palm trees that fit in better (clearly you would therefore need fewer of them in that case).

link1996 - 4/10
It looks like a mess, but not the type of mess that nature intended, followed later by what man intended. It's more like the random mess from making a fruit salad. Even nature's chaos has an order, if you know what I mean. Focus on the shape of the barren foundation (if you ever plan on something that isn't completely flat, which doesn't apply with this screen), then the vegetation, and then its influence from man (the foresters and the pile of logs).

LostInHyrule - 6/10
Ground details are okay, as well as some others. I am not too sure what to say, other than I feel that something more can come out of the overall look of the screen.

Migokalle - 7/10
Looking pretty good. You do have a good sense of how to make a cliff. I think billy can definitely take something positive out of that particular detail, noticing how you work with the ruggedness. As for the ground, it looks pretty good. I am still wondering if there is a better wooden fence for this set of tiles.

Trimaster001 - 6/10
My main criticism is tree inconsistency. Some trees just don't go well with certain other trees, either because of great size differences or different styles (as if made for different tilesets). Tree variety is fine as long as they look like they belong to the same cartoon. The ground detail is not bad, but not the best either.

Ebola Zaire for the win.

#21 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 07 April 2008 - 03:28 PM

... I entered... Did I do something wrong? I sent it to all 3 SOTW managers... icon_unsettled.gif

#22 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 April 2008 - 03:55 PM

Oh, crap.... I am really sorry ZebraStallion. >_< I am looking through my PMs now, and I saw that you had indeed sent a Screen. I am truly sorry. I must have been really off that day, as I am usually really careful about that. I think I missed it because there are a lot of PMs between the others and yours, and all of theirs are labeled "SotW 205", and you are like right next to the SotW 204 ones with it labeled, "sotw entry". Now that I am looking, I think I also forgot Link R Us's screen too. Damn it... Again, I am truly sorry, if you want, I will automatically put these into next week's entrys... So yeah... damn

#23 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 April 2008 - 04:34 PM

Meh, I'm holding back and voted for Evile. I don't like Big Links anymore. icon_frown.gif

Besides, I still love his palettes. IPB Image

#24 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 07 April 2008 - 04:58 PM

Heh, that's funny, I didn't even notice the Link in Ebola's picture until you said that, TS. I don't much like it either. But still, it's the best screen this week.

#25 link1996

link1996

• Members

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:27 PM

BR: Great shot! Little to dark though.

CC: It's an okay screen, I don't really like the craked ice on the floor. icon_thumbsdown.gif

EZ: Greeat shot!!! That is incredible! icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif

EVILE: I hate the sand, and the pallete is WAY to dull.

L1996: GREAT SHOT! IT's mine.

LIH: I don't really like it.

MIGO: Everything is great, except for link, and the octorok.

TM:I don't really like the top left corner, and I get why link is wearing blue.

what was NoeL's tileset? icon_unsettled.gif

#26 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE(Shoelace @ Apr 7 2008, 03:55 PM) View Post

Oh, crap.... I am really sorry ZebraStallion. >_< I am looking through my PMs now, and I saw that you had indeed sent a Screen. I am truly sorry. I must have been really off that day, as I am usually really careful about that. I think I missed it because there are a lot of PMs between the others and yours, and all of theirs are labeled "SotW 205", and you are like right next to the SotW 204 ones with it labeled, "sotw entry". Now that I am looking, I think I also forgot Link R Us's screen too. Damn it... Again, I am truly sorry, if you want, I will automatically put these into next week's entrys... So yeah... damn

That's okay. I understand. Would it be okay if you put me in next week?

#27 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

• Members

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE(Link1996)

LIH: I don't really like it.

Get off my back, Boy-O, if I didn't host your shot you wouldn't have been able to enter it. icon_razz.gif

Kidding, of course. icon_smile.gif Glad to see you've finally posted.

Besides, I still love his palettes. IPB Image

I actually disliked this palette of Evile's, even though he's the greatest palette maker EVAH.

Edited by LostInHyru1e, 08 April 2008 - 11:18 AM.

#28 link1996

link1996

• Members

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:27 PM

HEY!!!!!!! I just didn't like! It was just my own opinion. icon_evil.gif icon_evil.gif icon_evil.gif icon_evil.gif icon_evil.gif

#29 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ Apr 7 2008, 10:12 AM) View Post

Well... I don't ALWAYS fill my own corners, but I think in this particualry screen, non filled corners looks dumb... Sorry, but that''s my opinion... I don't think there's any ''great design'' inthat screen...

But yes, it's a good screen... a great screen... But I don't see any great DESIGN in that screen... Two different things, really...

Has the definition of great screen design been tweaked, in these forums? Ebola's shot blows away every shot in this SoTW in screen design AND graphics. I haven't seen such good use of a tileset in SoTW since Nuvo's submissions. But thats to be expected, Ebola's screens always have a great screen design. And how do the corners look.. "dumb" in this screen? Its actually quite a smart idea not to cover the corners in this situation, and it isn't necessary whatsoever.Good job on this, Ebola. icon_wink.gif

#30 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

• Members

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE(link1996 @ Apr 7 2008, 04:27 PM) View Post

HEY!!!!!!! I just didn't like! It was just my own opinion. icon_evil.gif icon_evil.gif icon_evil.gif icon_evil.gif icon_evil.gif

True, true, old chum. No hard feelings.

But still... c'mon, just cause it doesn't use DoR Graphics doesn't mean it isn't good, it's just that DoR is so overuesed now that people are beginning to dislike it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users