allegro

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 29 September 2020 - 05:27 AM

The next ZC releases should be built on Allegro 4.4.4, with libs built by me, not by DarkDragon. I am curious if the malware issues go away after this, as we have been using his allegro libs since 2017.

We were previously on a modified version of 4.4.2, so, this makes us current. It could also break things, but thus far it seems be behaving.

My apologies for the slow release schedule, but it took me two weeks to properly set up and build allegro in a way that was compliant with ZC. 

This process is now automated, with its own repo if we ever need to update allegro again.

• Bagu likes this

#2 Bagu

Bagu

Fandomizer

• Members

Posted 29 September 2020 - 06:50 AM

Sounds like a lot of work.

#3 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 29 September 2020 - 08:07 AM

Sounds like a lot of work.

It was a stupid amount of work. I had tried to set this up twice before, and failed both times. This time, heaven was on my side and I managed to find a wa to build all of the deps, build alegro, then build ZC with that allegro file set. SyrianBallaS was also trying to build the current allegro and spent a week on it, so I am nt alone in dealing with this and failing. It is no simple matter, hence why I created a repo specifically to simplify it for MSVC. 

On Linux, and with MinGW it might be easier, but we have no cmake code to generate a makefile for MinGW on Windows at this time, and obviously, making the libs for Linux does how help Windows users. It was a grueling experience, but it is my hope that this repo allows others in the future to build allegro for ZC with minimal fuss. I will be writing a document explaining the process to include in the repo for the future, in the coming weeks. 

• Bagu likes this

#4 Bagu

Bagu

Fandomizer

• Members

Posted 29 September 2020 - 10:36 AM

I have an incredible respect, for you and your skills!
ZClassic became my favourite (non-plus-ultra) gaming program.

I'm making the first steps in undersranding this single program langue, zscript.
When I see people, who can do things like you, it's still unbelievable to me.

All people make a real hype, for each new Nintendo (etc.) console release.
...but you, Armageddon Games and the whole ZClassic Developer's staff, are spending hours after hours
...to deliver us such a genius product. FOR FREE.

I guess, it's time say "thank you"!

Edited by Bagu, 29 September 2020 - 10:46 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: allegro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users