• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 12 October 2019 - 10:30 AM

Zoria,

I was able to run and play the game in Full screen after I disabled the debugging console, but the background came up in light blue and I could not access the menu.

Once I clicked to pause it, it went haywire and I had to use task manager to close ZC.

The editor worked great though!!

#17 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 12 October 2019 - 01:56 PM

Zoria,

I was able to run and play the game in Full screen after I disabled the debugging console, but the background came up in light blue and I could not access the menu.

Once I clicked to pause it, it went haywire and I had to use task manager to close ZC.

The editor worked great though!!

Is that using the 2.53.0 RELEASE 3 Preliminary build that I posted?

You need to follow my instructions carefully, and entirely, enabling DXGL in ZCL 2.77, and it should work fullscreen.

dxgl-fullscreen-ratio.png

If ZLaunch does not have this option, then you are using the wrong build.

P.S. This also works in the current 2.55, Alpha 36 build (and later).

#18 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 13 October 2019 - 08:24 AM

It is the 2.53 release 3 preliminary.

And I followed the instructions. It was when the DXGL was enabled that it gave me the problem.

Zquest works perfectly fine. The Player does not.

#19 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 17 October 2019 - 03:32 PM

It is the 2.53 release 3 preliminary.

And I followed the instructions. It was when the DXGL was enabled that it gave me the problem.

Zquest works perfectly fine. The Player does not.

What OS version?

Please post your zc.cfg to pastebin.com and link it here, too.

#20 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 18 October 2019 - 12:58 AM

Check all three key bindings dialogues. One of the others must be set to use LShift. Glad it is all working for you.

Thank you very much ZoriaRPG!

Zelda classic is now able to fit on my screen properly, including the menus. Zelda Classic also doesn't freeze on my computer anymore! It still gives me the "all key bindings must be unique" message when I try to set the start button to left shift. If that is the worst of it, then I will adjust. 

In regards to this, having 3 separate key binding dialogues which are even ABLE to conflict with one another is asinine, as you can need to look through all 3 to find the conflict, and cannot switch without making things first not conflict (possibly not even knowing what key it is that is conflicting).
...As such, I have merged all of the binding dialogues. there is now 1 for keyboard (instead of 3) and 1 for gamepad (instead of 2). This will be available in the next build of both 2.53 and 2.55.

Spoiler

Also, on a completely unrelated note, I've also added the ability to scale the size of the ZC/ZQ mouse cursor in zc.cfg / zquest.cfg respectively; with different scale settings for small/large modes. (The scale can be set anywhere from 1x (normal size) to 5x (...honestly far larger than you could possibly need, I just needed to set a limit SOMEWHERE)

Spoiler

Both of these features have been merged into the main ZC codebase (for both 2.53 and 2.55), so whenever Zoria puts up a new build, it should include both of these new features!

• ShadowTiger, Anthus and Lüt like this

#21 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 18 October 2019 - 06:27 PM

What OS version?

Please post your zc.cfg to pastebin.com and link it here, too.

Windows 10 Build 1903

ZC.cfg

#22 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 18 October 2019 - 11:27 PM

Windows 10 Build 1903

ZC.cfg

mediafire != pastebin.....

https://pastebin.com/

When sharing plain-text files, such as configs, scripts, etc, pastebin is preferrable to actually hosting the file.

#23 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 21 October 2019 - 09:33 AM

Sorry. Wasn't working for me and I didn't have the patience to make it work.

Edited by Rocksfan13, 21 October 2019 - 09:34 AM.

#24 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 21 October 2019 - 11:13 AM

Sorry. Wasn't working for me and I didn't have the patience to make it work.

....you literally paste the text in the box, and click 'create paste'? Pastebin is one of the easiest websites to use, ever.

#25 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 22 October 2019 - 03:27 AM

Maybe, but they went insecure about a month ago, and now reside on the list of sites that can't be opened in Chrome anymore:
Spoiler
It might be work in FF-based browsers, but it's unlikely people are going to switch to / open an alternate browser just to use a single link.

#26 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 22 October 2019 - 04:12 AM

Maybe, but they went insecure about a month ago, and now reside on the list of sites that can't be opened in Chrome anymore:

Spoiler
It might be work in FF-based browsers, but it's unlikely people are going to switch to / open an alternate browser just to use a single link.

What are you talking about?

#27 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 22 October 2019 - 05:30 AM

Pastebin works just fine for me on Chrome Version 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit).  I'm using the Avast security AddOn in Chrome, and as my primary Antivirus.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows 10, how, how to play zc on windows 10, how to, how to on windows 10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users