16 replies to this topic

#1 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:05 PM

https://www.nintendo...nt=announcement

Looks neat to me. I will be more interested if they end up making a SNES version though.

• Shane likes this

#2 Fiyaball

Fiyaball

I'll stop hoarding RPGs someday

• Members

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:59 PM

I was kinda hoping they would have more "valuable" games on there (Ninja Gaiden 3, Mega Man 6, etc), but it's cool nonetheless.

#3 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 14 July 2016 - 01:05 PM

This is actually a pretty cool idea.  I mean, it's gonna be $60 for 30 games (so, you know, much cheaper than just getting them all on VC) and I'd actually really like it not just for collecting purposes but also because it'd be portable enough to bring on vacations or forced trips.  It appeals to people's nostalgia for the old days, and definitely to those who played video games a lot in the 80s and don't want to deal with all the bells and whistles of current gen consoles.  I know there's already a lot of third party companies that make systems that are similar to this, but it is honestly kind of appealing that this is first party hardware- no trust issues here on quality.  And hey look, Nintendo's releasing a system this year that will actually sell at the holidays! *runs*

(Now if only it had tiny NES cartridges to go with it...)

I was kinda hoping they would have more "valuable" games on there (Ninja Gaiden 3, Mega Man 6, etc), but it's cool nonetheless.

I somewhat agree (in fact I just tweeted that I'm disappointed that there's only one Mega Man game, even if it is *the* Mega Man game everyone knows; it would be nice if people would learn to appreciate the other ones), but it's nice that they've included stuff like Castlevania, Ghosts 'n Goblins, StarTropics, and Super C.

• Magi_Hero likes this

#4 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 14 July 2016 - 01:19 PM

The Nintendo Classic Mini: NES Controller can also be used to play Virtual Console NES games on a Wii U or Wii console.

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng.

System itself is neat, though yeah, I wish they'd included a couple more games. Like Megaman games that are actually good. Or the original Contra which is way better than Super C. But still, it's a neat idea. Now I agree there should be an SNES one in the future because I'd love an SNES controller I can use on my Wiimotes. :heh:

#5 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 14 July 2016 - 02:06 PM

It doesn't have Rad Racer. No sale here. :disgust:

• Anthus likes this

#6 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 14 July 2016 - 02:07 PM

There's a Sega Genesis one that you can also use cartridges with.

#7 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 14 July 2016 - 02:29 PM

Could've been amazing, as it stands this is little more than a fun collectible to me.

#8 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 14 July 2016 - 02:57 PM

No Crystalis?  Why would you not include Crystalis.

#9 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 14 July 2016 - 03:04 PM

I feel like they might make "game packs" that include more NES games to play in the future, because there are A LOT more than just 30 NES games...

This is what I hope, anyways, though, it seems to be bundled with most of the games I care about. I'll probably be getting it when it comes out.

#10 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:23 PM

I heard about this at work, and it'll probably be a day one purchase for me, but I hope they do eventually release more games, but we'll see if that's possible. I'm also a little bummed about no Rad Racer lol. Imagine even just playing it on the Wii with a controller that works instead of the power glove.

Also, why no Casylevania 3? We get 2, instead?
  • The Satellite likes this

#11 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 14 July 2016 - 10:01 PM

At least the controllers work with the Wii for NES games on the WIi VC, that's nice. I might just get some controllers and pass on the rest.

#12 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 15 July 2016 - 02:34 AM

I'd rather just use emulators, honestly.  Hell, I already have my Wii fully homebrewed along with my 3DS.  I've more than gotten my NES-fill.

#13 Fiyaball

Fiyaball

I'll stop hoarding RPGs someday

• Members

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:08 AM

It's been confirmed that there's no way to connect to the internet, and they won't add expansion cartridges. Won't stop crazy modders from trying,though...

#14 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 15 July 2016 - 03:52 PM

Too bad Nintendo didn't have an agreement allowing them to republish any licensed games that appeared on their systems. Not an exclusive right though, ''cause it's cool when games are on multiple systems. Part of that agreement would be to share profits with the developer, if they were still in business.

It probably would have legal complications and wouldn't be that simple, because business just never is, but I'm just musing about what could have been. A device like this (or the Virtual Console) has such unrealized potential.

#15 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 July 2016 - 05:51 PM

Gotta give 'em credit for the awesome throwback ad.

• Anthus likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users