Photo

Let's talk about subscreens, and item management.

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Item Management

Which subscreen style do you prefer?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Do you like using L/R to cycle items?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:53 AM

https://pastebin.com/YZBekrh8

Knock yourself out. Just paste
HaveANotShittySubscreen();
into your global while loop and the contents of that pastebin somewhere outside of your main global in your script file and you're good to go.

Sorry, I just saw this thread now.

It's also on the database for future ease of access.

• Anthus likes this

#17 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:00 PM

Thanks for dropping that here, Evan that's really handy. Gotta love the professional naming conventions too. It looks like the results are starting to shape up. I dunno how many people will vote but like 20-30 is average for here. It looks like people prefer equipping things to both buttons, but also having the ability to toggle. People just want it all. :P

#18 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:34 PM

Gotta love the professional naming conventions too.

If I ever added my ZScript work to a portfolio, a company would go "Hey, you coded THAT? Want a job?". Then they'd see the code itself and go "Yeah, we think you'll find better opportunities elsewhere!".

• Anthus likes this

#19 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:54 PM

If I ever added my ZScript work to a portfolio, a company would go "Hey, you coded THAT? Want a job?". Then they'd see the code itself and go "Yeah, we think you'll find better opportunities elsewhere!".

work to a portfolio, a company would go "Hey, you coded THAT? Want a job?". Then they'd see the code itself and go "Yeah, we think you'll find better opportunities elsewhere!".

I have a feeling your browser crashed while making this post. :P

#20 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:44 AM

Actually my internet has been crapping the bed all day and I have no idea why. :(

Likely related to the weather though.

EDIT: Also a botched crop of a triplepost.

#21 Reflectionist

Reflectionist

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:01 PM

For those of us unfamiliar with it... what does it do?

#22 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:18 PM

For those of us unfamiliar with it... what does it do?

What does what do? lol

#23 Reflectionist

Reflectionist

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:20 AM

The script Evan posted.
  • Anthus likes this

#24 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:42 AM

Oh. It makes it so Ex1 and Ex2 can be used like L/R to cycle through B weapons with the "GB style A/B select" subscreens. Both item buttons can be cycled with this, instead of just A like with the classic style.

#25 Twilight Hero

Twilight Hero

Heir to the Hero

• Members

Posted 22 March 2021 - 07:53 PM

two things. First, in the quest I'm making, I made a custom subscreen (my first time doing so!). Problem is, I'll be able to cycle in one direction just fine, but after getting to a certain item, I won't be able to cycle the other direction.

Second, How do you make additional button items (L and R, Ex 1 and 2, etc.) Speaking of which, what exactly are the Ex buttons meant for?

#26 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 23 March 2021 - 11:20 AM

two things. First, in the quest I'm making, I made a custom subscreen (my first time doing so!). Problem is, I'll be able to cycle in one direction just fine, but after getting to a certain item, I won't be able to cycle the other direction.

Second, How do you make additional button items (L and R, Ex 1 and 2, etc.) Speaking of which, what exactly are the Ex buttons meant for?

Item cycling order is set by the how the directional arrow buttons advance through your subscreen while it's open.  For example, if you have the boomerang equipped to the B button and press R, this will go to whatever item you'd get to by pressing Right from the boomerang on the active subscreen.  If there's a problem with cycling to/from certain items, make sure your active subscreen is set up correctly.

Additional button items require scripting in 2.53 and below.  The latest 2.55 build (a92 at the time of this post) supports equipping items to EX1/EX2 (called X/Y in the quest rule) but there are some bugs with this that are being ironed out.

EX1, 2, 3, and 4 are generally only used by scripts.  There is a quest rule to make EX3 and EX4 cycle through A buttons (exactly like L and R cycle through B buttons) but that's the only way that they are used by default.

• Twilight Hero likes this

#27 Twilight Hero

Twilight Hero

Heir to the Hero

• Members

Posted 27 March 2021 - 09:54 PM

Ok, thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users