Custom Subscreen Screenshots

• Please log in to reply
1493 replies to this topic

#1 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 10 August 2006 - 06:56 PM

Okay, the subscreen editor is beyond fun, even with it's massive amounts of bugs. I've made like, ten or so allready, but this one is the one I'm going to use for Hyrule Fantasy:

user posted image

Don't mind the incomplete frames. The setup is pretty much finalized, but I want to get other opinions on how it's set up, as well as ideas for the frames

So yeah, any feedback is welcomed

[ UPDATE ]

Seeing as how this thread has become quite popular, I've decided to make it into a gallery thread, like the screenshot one. Show off your subscreens and be critiqued by your fellow subscreen creators!

#2 Soarin

Soarin

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 10 August 2006 - 07:12 PM

Wow dude all I can say is that is cool. Once they get the bugs fixed I will make a really cool one.

Edited by bringer of destruction, 10 August 2006 - 07:12 PM.

#3 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 10 August 2006 - 07:37 PM

Subscreen editor? Tell me more.

#4 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 10 August 2006 - 07:38 PM

One word... Daaaaaaaaamn. Man, I'm still experiencing myself with the subscreen, but I can't get it to work. The backround color is grey... also... how do you add extra windows to it?

#5 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 10 August 2006 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE(Dekadx2 @ Aug 10 2006, 05:37 PM)
Subscreen editor? Tell me more.

View Post

2.11 Beta 11, Quest > Misc Data > Subscreens

#6 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 10 August 2006 - 11:55 PM

Yea, that looks real nice Gashin.
This is the most complete one I've done so far, I have a couple of others that I'm still playing with.
You're right, it is beyond fun just playing with it.

user posted image

#7 Love For Fire

Love For Fire

Adept

• Members

Posted 11 August 2006 - 12:18 AM

Mine crashes on me a lot while using it... hopefully one of you guys can write a tutorial so I (and probably many others) can figure out how to use it properly.

#8 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 11 August 2006 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE(Freedom @ Aug 10 2006, 09:55 PM)
Yea, that looks real nice Gashin.
This is the most complete one I've done so far, I have a couple of others that I'm still playing with.
You're right, it is beyond fun just playing with it.

user posted image

View Post

Nice, but it looks a little unbalanced. It could also use some more at the top, but maybe that's just me

Also, forgot to mention that the blank space next to the Hammer is the Cane of Byrna. The top of the carrier window (next to items) is the quiver, and below the wallet is the bomb bag (once it's implimented)

Love, I'm actually starting a tutorial right now, and I may have it done soon, like, tomorrow

#9 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:01 AM

Gashin, that came out awesome! And you are making a tutorial! My life is saved. Thanks Gashin!

#10 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:15 AM

That subscreen looks really nice. I have one question though; Can you actually play your quest with that? Whenever I use a custom subscreen, Zelda Classic freezes. So far, it seems that I'm the only one who has this problem. icon_freak.gif

#11 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE(Mighty Darknut @ Aug 11 2006, 08:15 AM)
That subscreen looks really nice. I have one question though; Can you actually play your quest with that? Whenever I use a custom subscreen, Zelda Classic freezes. So far, it seems that I'm the only one who has this problem. icon_freak.gif

View Post

Just curious, did you set your subscreen in your dmap?

#12 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 11 August 2006 - 11:30 AM

I was going to write a tutorial but changed my mind when I kept hitting bugs with the sub editor (I kept forgetting what they were so please don't pester for them to be posted).
I'm going to show the Minish Cap subscreen later.

#13 rEXpert

rEXpert

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 11 August 2006 - 12:03 PM

That's a really good subscreen, Gashin. It kinda reminds me of LttP. icon_thumbsup.gif

#14 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 11 August 2006 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE(Mighty Darknut @ Aug 11 2006, 08:15 AM)

View Post

You're not the only one, and yes, I can. That screenshot is actually from Hyrule Fantasy, which is why the game counter isn't at 12:34:56

#15 Naldrag

Naldrag

Certified Idiot

• Members

Posted 11 August 2006 - 12:47 PM

icon_drool.gif That subscreen is awesome man. I'll definitally be reading your tutorial when you finish it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users