Photo

Screenshot of the Week 37

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Which pic? (38 member(s) have cast votes)

Which pic?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 System Error

System Error

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 01 October 2003 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE(Praethus @ Sep 30 2003, 06:09 PM)
System Error, I think discounting a shot simply based on it's tileset is not a good reason.

Well, it is so true that Pure is overused. What I was trying to say that pre-made tiles are not SoTW quality.

#32 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 01 October 2003 - 06:50 PM

That's not your call, as it's not your contest. If you don't like the way we do things here, choose not to participate. Not everyone has the time to create a set for a quest, and those that do, usually don't enter contests.

Plus, before pure, there was newfirst, classic, and BS. No one complained about them being 'overused.' So, if you don't like the pure set, don't use it and don't play quests with it. Just stop complaining about it so much.

Fact is, I don't see you doing much better. icon_razz.gif (not intended as a flame. Just my personal opinion.)

#33 Ielen

Ielen

Adept

• Members

Posted 02 October 2003 - 03:57 AM

I voted for Z as I like it alot. Jman's Venus Plant looks very stunning & nice as well icon_razz.gif

#34 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 02 October 2003 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE(Nick @ Oct 1 2003, 02:47 PM)
QUOTE(phil @ Oct 1 2003, 04:20 PM)
Ccc: this is not something special, it's ordinary looking.

Mr.Z : this is an average screenshot that I don't like.

Jaivaz867: I can't see anything so it's gay as crap.

Are you happy now Praethus???

I'm sure Praethus is very happy that you pretty much made that post to be a twit towards him.

Consider yourself warned for disrespect of staff.

Made it to be a twit.
I don't even know what that means.

I didn't want to post anything mean about there pics so I said they were boring.
He said I couldn't just say they were boring, so I explained.

I was asking if Praethus was happy that I insulted all the other pictures.

You guys really need to take it easy.
I wasn't disrespecting him in any way.
So, you need to take your time reading the posts instead of just getting midevil on my hiney.

#35 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 02 October 2003 - 02:12 PM

We have rules here, phil. And you didn't want to post anything mean? Well isn't "gay as crap" mean to you? You know, Preathus didn't ask you to post anything mean, but stil you did. So if you don't have any good reasons, don't post.

#36 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 02 October 2003 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE(phil @ Oct 2 2003, 02:07 PM)
Made it to be a twit.
I don't even know what that means.

I didn't want to post anything mean about there pics so I said they were boring.
He said I couldn't just say they were boring, so I explained.

I was asking if Praethus was happy that I insulted all the other pictures.

You guys really need to take it easy.
I wasn't disrespecting him in any way.
So, you need to take your time reading the posts instead of just getting midevil on my hiney.

You know very well he wasn't asking you to trash the shots. He was asking you to explain why you said what you said. Just saying "they suck" doesn't really give anymore explaination than "boring" does. Apparently, you should read the announcements in this forum as there's a new rule that was added before this competition started and it's been mentioned a few times in this very thread.

So... before you tell ME to read posts, you should read around yourself. kthnx.

Good day. icon_smile.gif

(Please make any further discussion about this issue via PM. I'm sure people don't want this topic to turn into a big brawl.)

#37 DashSim

DashSim

ancient being

• Members

Posted 02 October 2003 - 03:01 PM

I think I'll vote for Nick's shot. They are all good, however Nick's is just colorful and nice to look at and has no flaws what so ever. (Not implying that the others do, which they don't.)

#38 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 02 October 2003 - 03:18 PM

Ok I'm sorry I trashed the pictures.
And I'm sorry for disrespecting praethus...uh...and nick.

Ok I'm gonna do this one more time.

Ccc: it's just ordinary run of the mill stuff.

Mr.Z: same as Ccc's, this is average or lower, I see screens like this all the time.

Jaivaz867: I can't see anything so I can't judge if it's a good shot or not.

#39 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 02 October 2003 - 04:57 PM

By entering this contest the creators of the screenshots are subjecting themselves to whatever criticism people will give, good or bad. Just tell people exactly what you think of their shot. They will more than likely benifit from it. And if they can't handle the bad with the good then they shouldn't be entering this contest anyway.

#40 Blonde799

Blonde799

Senior

• Members

Posted 02 October 2003 - 05:08 PM

What? There aren't any hot models? I entered for teh hot models dangit! icon_mad.gif

Oh well. I think everyone's shot looks good, even Ccc's.icon_smile.gif

#41 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 03 October 2003 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE(Praethus @ Oct 2 2003, 03:57 PM)
By entering this contest the creators of the screenshots are subjecting themselves to whatever criticism people will give, good or bad.  Just tell people exactly what you think of their shot.  They will more than likely benifit from it.  And if they can't handle the bad with the good then they shouldn't be entering this contest anyway.

well then how come you guys got mad when I trashed the shots.

I'm so confused.

Edited by phil, 03 October 2003 - 10:28 AM.

#42 Blonde799

Blonde799

Senior

• Members

Posted 03 October 2003 - 10:50 AM

You can trash the shots all you want, but you have to have a good reason to do so. For example:
"Ccc's(not picking on anyone) shot looks like total crap, because his statue's colors don't go well with the palette he's using, and the grass is way too bright."

Feel free to break this down Prae. icon_wink.gif

#43 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 03 October 2003 - 11:39 AM

I did not get mad when you trashed the shots. I got mad when you didn't give a good reason. Look at Blonde's reason. That is what I'm looking for. Something the builder can use to make the shot better.

#44 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 03 October 2003 - 12:57 PM

Fine then nick got mad and warned me for it...but I didn't understand what you were saying.

Now I do and I fixed my comments.

But I still don't understand the warning.
It's not fare that I should have something on my record (thingy) because of a misunderstanding.

I still stand for the fact that I was not disrespecting you, I was disrespecting the shots if anything.

#45 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 03 October 2003 - 02:01 PM

By entering this contest the creators of the screenshots are subjecting themselves to whatever criticism people will give, good or bad. Just tell people exactly what you think of their shot. They will more than likely benifit from it. And if they can't handle the bad with the good then they shouldn't be entering this contest anyway.
This almost seems sigworthy. Almost.

Phil, you've got your own motives for dissing a shot. You may not like the shot, and no one can stop you from disliking the shot. And of course, you will have adverse feelings toward it. Heck, so do I. But you're More than welcome to suggest things for the shot / shot creator than to randomly trash them because you think they're boring.

So thank you Phil, for your participation in the contest. Your posts are appreciated, as well as your suggestions on how to make them better, if necessary. Flaming them, however, is not appreciated. I'm sure you know what I mean, eh buddy? icon_wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users