Mature Discussion Requirements and Agreement

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 10 October 2009 - 11:22 PM

Note: Mature Discussion has been archived, and no further applications will be accepted.

As the name may imply, to be allowed access to Mature Discussion means not only that you are 18 or older, but also that the staff feel that you are capable of acting maturely. This assumption is initially extended to members who meet the following requirements:

1. You must be 18 years of age or older
By posting the Mature Discussion agreement, you are stating that you are at least 18 years of age. If it is later discovered that you are not actually 18 or older, the staff may revoke your access to Mature Discussion. Since we can't check ID, enforcement of this rule is somewhat subjective. The staff will decide how best to respond if a member's age is called into question. Furthermore, any member who hasn't demonstrated the ability to act like an adult may be denied regardless of age.

2. You must have 100 posts
Requiring 100 posts ensures that a member is not a stranger on the forums before accessing Mature Discussion, and reduces the likelihood of "sock puppet" accounts.

3. You must repost the Mature Discussion Agreement
For you to be accepted into Mature Discussion, you must first read, understand, and repost the agreement below.

4. Members who have had their access removed must reapply
If you are accepted and later have your access revoked, the staff will inform you whether you may reapply, and when. When that time comes, you may repost the agreement and await re-approval. This is mostly a way of reminding the staff to revisit the issue, but if you don't reapply, staff will assume that you don't want your access restored.

Note: The staff have the right to decline your request of access at their own discretion, taking into account past behavior and ban history. If the staff later feel that you shouldn't be allowed in this forum for whatever reason, then access will be removed for however long they see fit. In either case, you have the right to know why access has been denied. Staff will send a PM shortly thereafter, explaining their reasoning.

Also, if you have been rejected, do not simply ask again the next day in hopes of getting a nicer staff member. This is not acceptable. Wait before requesting again, and once you feel you meet the requirements, then you may ask to join Mature Discussion again.

#2 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 11 October 2009 - 03:59 PM

The following is a contract users must sign in order to gain access to Mature Discussion. Before signing, please make sure you read the requirements above. If you qualify, then to sign, merely copy and paste the contents of the box at the bottom of this thread and post it as a new thread in this forum. The thread's title must consist of your user name; please leave the secondary description empty. Doing this will also demonstrate your ability to follow instructions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copy and paste the contents below into a new thread with your name as the thread title.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I swear that...

1. I am 18 years of age or older at the time I post this agreement.
2. I have read and meet the Mature Discussion requirements.
3. I will follow all forum rules and Mature Discussion-specific rules if I am to retain access to Mature Discussion.
4. I understand that the Mature Discussion forum is a privilege, and discussion therein is held to a higher quality standard. I agree to be particularly considerate of others and to make meaningful contributions.

I hereby request access to the Mature Discussion forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users