ZC

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:39 PM

Ok, time to start off on the V2 of Zelda Deluxe.  We'll be going through the whole series of 5 quests.  Starting off with ZD1.  Better balance in this version compared to the original ZD, which I will upload later on.

Part 1 - The usual grinding for supplies...

http://youtu.be/mKh8UOr5-hg

#2 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:47 PM

Part 2 - The first levels are easy to clean out.  Can also save a few keys for later.

http://youtu.be/snTNYOsg5p4

#3 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:49 AM

Thanks for going through the whole series! In advance, I can tell you that "Mini" will not receive a third (and final) facelift, butt the two DX will and there's gunna be a third DX instead of Maxi which will not be renewed either and infact dismissed due to player feedback I took into cunsideration. :)

#4 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:38 AM

Over time, I'll record the whole thing.  Probably will put some other quests in between to take a break

#5 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 06 October 2014 - 12:14 PM

That's great. :) I think once I'm fully done beta testing the remeowstered and final DX1 up to DX3, I will LP them and put the videos online. I might release them after doing the LP, so people actually have a chance to find all the hidden stuffz. :)

#6 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:20 AM

Part 3 - Cleaning out a couple more levels

http://youtu.be/pEIgLWjHqYo

#7 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:21 PM

Part 4 - Finishing off the last bit of regular Hyrule.  Then we can set foot into the dark side

http://youtu.be/ED4j52UGf-Y

#8 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:20 AM

Another two great parts! Good luck in Lorule, Pixie. :)

#9 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 09 October 2014 - 12:45 PM

Lol, already well aware of what I'm gonna get into

#10 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 10 October 2014 - 10:07 PM

Part 5 - Time to step into Lorule, not the friendliest place around.  Gotta get magic sword ASAP to get myself to even

http://youtu.be/J4uJenDkasw

#11 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:09 PM

Well fought, Pixie! :) Lovely, even though a bit short part. :)

#12 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 11 October 2014 - 04:55 PM

To be fair, Lorule isn't unbearable unless you make it unbearable. If you're fighting with liberal boomerang usage and fighting smart, it's easy. If you just go into YOLO all-out mode, expect to get knocked back to the start of Lorule with 3 hearts in a hurry. You almost have to choose your battles wisely. The one enemy trick works nicely here. I will admit early on, it is kind of questionably designed since the enemies simply take too many hits, are very fast moving and things turn into a war zone quickly. Once you're up to par though with 1/4 damage taken and Magical Sword, it becomes manageable.

#13 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:48 PM

To be fair, Lorule isn't unbearable unless you make it unbearable. If you're fighting with liberal boomerang usage and fighting smart, it's easy. If you just go into YOLO all-out mode, expect to get knocked back to the start of Lorule with 3 hearts in a hurry. You almost have to choose your battles wisely. The one enemy trick works nicely here. I will admit early on, it is kind of questionably designed since the enemies simply take too many hits, are very fast moving and things turn into a war zone quickly. Once you're up to par though with 1/4 damage taken and Magical Sword, it becomes manageable.

Hence why my defensive style of play works well here. Slow and steady, using various tricks to get around screens. Fire boomerang helps when I get it

#14 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:39 AM

You will get an easier Lorule in the remastered (and I repeat, the final) version, it will be more like Randomizer's darkworld. Only a few stronger enemies, mostly known ones though and manageable with the white sword as well. Also, the part around the start screen is now easy enough to get heart refills more easily, and the way to the next fairy pond isn't too far anyway. :)

#15 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:15 AM

You will get an easier Lorule in the remastered (and I repeat, the final) version, it will be more like Randomizer's darkworld. Only a few stronger enemies, mostly known ones though and manageable with the white sword as well. Also, the part around the start screen is now easy enough to get heart refills more easily, and the way to the next fairy pond isn't too far anyway. :)

Honestly, didn't find Lorule too difficult to get around using a bit of patience. Mini 2 and Maxi I kinda stretch sanity with some real risky moves just to get some big items.

The original ZD was one big grindfest given the increased health enemies had

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ZC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users