Photo

Screenshot of the Week 254

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 254 (33 member(s) have cast votes)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:13 PM

Questwizard88
IPB Image
Link stops and thinks on a warm spring afternoon: "How am I going to get in there?"
Yeah, its a Screen Rebirth shot. *gets shot*

Sheik
IPB Image

ZebraStallion
IPB Image
Have I been here before?

Joe123
IPB Image
Link rides west into Portamus Field.

The dropbox worked great everyone. Thanks! Plus, don't forget to submit those shots in when you can. icon_wink.gif

#2 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:18 PM

Nulled, I'm not too fond of any of them.
Nothing bad, nothing great. 6/10 for all of them.

#3 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:45 PM

Questwizard88:
Hmm. You should've changed it more from the original sample shot. Some poorly advised walk flags here; the grey stone doesn't look like it should be blocking Link's path even though it is. The water at the bottom edge of the screen doesn't line up with the rock borders. Having four holes touching eachother doesn't make sense, and the small trees look too neat, standing in a row like that. Could also stand to have receive some more of the detailed SD3 grass tiles.

Sheik:
All-around excellent screen. icon_smile.gif However, as a screenshot, it lacks "action" (in this case enemies) or a subscreen, so it's not very intriguing. Is this the Origins tileset, BTW?

ZebraStallion:
Quite aesthetically pleasing. However, I have to laugh at whoever bothered to build a rope bridge across a tiny gap, which he could have avoided by taking three steps to the right. icon_wink.gif Loses points for failed logic, but otherwise looks great.

Joe123:
Wow, nice. You've got everything coming together really well here. I even see that you've made good use of some stone cobbles that I couldn't get to look right before. And your transparent water is really looking better now. Very blue. The subscreen isn't perfect, but it's well on its way. Do you have a fairy following Link now?

My vote goes to Joe. icon_smile.gif

#4 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 May 2009 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ May 4 2009, 05:45 AM) View Post

Sheik:
All-around excellent screen. icon_smile.gif However, as a screenshot, it lacks "action" (in this case enemies) or a subscreen, so it's not very intriguing. Is this the Origins tileset, BTW?

Yeah, it's kinda broing, innit? But it was my first try woth Origns so I'm satisfied by what I did this time.

Edit: I was in rush and forget to tell you the obvious: Joe's is excellent this time. icon_wink.gif

Edited by Sheik, 04 May 2009 - 04:40 AM.

#5 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE(Radien @ May 4 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post
Joe123:
Wow, nice. You've got everything coming together really well here. I even see that you've made good use of some stone cobbles that I couldn't get to look right before. And your transparent water is really looking better now. Very blue. The subscreen isn't perfect, but it's well on its way. Do you have a fairy following Link now?

Mm I'm very fond of those path tiles. In a futher update, it might make sense to have them as another ground type even.
And I'm glad you like the water, I've put quite a lot of effort into it now. I still need some decent looking diagonal edges though.
What don't you like about the subscreen?
And yes, I have had for quite some time now.

#6 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:45 AM

Questwizard88: 8.5/10:

very good my only (2) complains s the 2x2 trees that are in a row I don't like the same tree being used over and over again try some gales trees an ember ones second is the Christmas lights they don't match the feeling unless its Christmas in hyrule and someone made it (yes I don't have sown icon_cry.gif) anyways I suggest you should put them in a snowy area like I did in my called quest (yes I'm still doing the idea so don't say copied anyways icon_thumbsup.gif )

Shiek: 9/10:

yes a 9 you are very good at that tileset he only complain is ground detail you should had flowers, rocks,ect. on the other side of my mind it is good thats why a 9 icon_biggrin.gif and as for effort you should keep this: icon_thumbsup.gif

ZS: 9/10:

good pretty shot and + you can have my icon_thumbsup.gif

Joe123: 10/10:

hmmmm... OMG icon_eek.gif I'm speechless the pic just took the words no complains on this one and + icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif pretty good how do you make water blue when you transplanter water?

so.... **Drum rolls** The winner is JOE123!!!!! **people go wilds** and the rest of you you get another icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif

I can't wait to playing your quest Joe123!!!

Edited by Midnight_King, 04 May 2009 - 03:46 AM.

#7 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:48 AM

Heh, I made it blue by making the bottom of the water look like this:
IPB Image

I'm glad you like my shot though.

#8 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:58 AM

i voted for joe123 simply because that water is good stuff! icon_thumbsup.gif

#9 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:27 AM

QUOTE(Joe123 @ May 4 2009, 02:48 AM) View Post
Heh, I made it blue by making the bottom of the water look like this:
IPB Image

I'm glad you like my shot though.

You had to do that?!
I simply used another color for the ground:
IPB ImageIPB Image
As you can see, I didn't need to actually alter any tiles. Oh well, I guess it has a lot to do with the palette too... *shrug*
Anyways, my vote goes to Joe... no need to say why icon_razz.gif

#10 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:06 AM

QW: It's really good, actually. Nice work.

Sheik: I was tempted to vote for it, because the way you use the graphics looks really nice.

ZebraStallion: It's really good, but something about it seems familiar.

Joe123: Perfect. Simply perfect. *votes*

#11 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ May 4 2009, 04:27 PM) View Post
You had to do that?!
I simply used another color for the ground:

Yes but the point is that my water doesn't have any brown it it; it's all blue.
Except for the bits that aren't blue, but those bits aren't meant to be blue.

Such as the green plants.

#12 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:31 PM

Joe123 gets my vote. It looks awesome!

#13 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ May 3 2009, 10:45 PM) View Post

ZebraStallion:
Quite aesthetically pleasing. However, I have to laugh at whoever bothered to build a rope bridge across a tiny gap, which he could have avoided by taking three steps to the right. icon_wink.gif Loses points for failed logic, but otherwise looks great.

Hyrule wasn't built for Link, how about people with caravans? They simply CAN'T go around. The bridge is there for convenience.

#14 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 05 May 2009 - 04:41 PM

I went with Joe. I thought his shot was pretty.

#15 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:23 PM

Voted for Joe123.

QW -
Its the same thing we've been seeing quite often for a while now. Nothing special.

Sheik - Just as Radien said. Lack of action.

ZS - Great shot but it's better in Screen Rebirth.

Joe - Truly amazing. The water feels like EotM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users