Photo

Screenshot of the Week 53

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

Poll: Which pic? (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Which pic?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 06 April 2004 - 08:31 AM

ml3k: It's a good shot.

sb11: I like the brick thing in the middle, and the waterfalls.

X8: It's not a bad shot, but the perspective of the bridges seems weird. Perhaps maybe fiddle with the tiles a bit.

Jaivaz: Maybe make the cliff shorter and put something below it? I think that is just a waste of screen space.

codelinker: Very VERY nice shot, but I still really don't think the walls being covered up by the foliage looks quite right.

Nick: The best one this time around. Gets my vote. I'm not telling why.

Snort: ADGjdgfaghhfahhfghgfhdalakrt. That gives me a headache. Must have took a while to make though.

Tei: Nice shot, but as you said, simple.

Hunter P: Um...yeah.

#17 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 06 April 2004 - 12:40 PM

I voted for poly. the bridges could use some work, but the rest of the screen just appeals to me icon_shrug.gif

#18 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 06 April 2004 - 01:17 PM

Masterlink: Nice. icon_wink.gif

sb11: Also a nice shot. Mmm, lava. icon_slycool.gif

PolygonX8: Very good, but... there are a few details with this screen that prevent me from voting for it, such as the bridges.icon_confused.gif I can see a large amount of effort put into it, though. icon_smile.gif

Jaivaz: Bland below the cliff. But the rest of the screen is okay.

codelinker: Great shot. Kicks ass. But... once again, those floating tree thingies don't look right. icon_shrug.gif

Nick: Excellent shot, got my vote. That grass is cool. icon_biggrin.gif

Snort: icon_blind.gif Erf! The colors ... are... not good. As in, annoying. As in... too seizurey. Ignoring those walls (if it's possible...), it's an okay shot.

Tei: A simple cave shot. What can I say, great shot. icon_biggrin.gif

Hunter P: ... icon_blink.gif

#19 Arathorn21st

Arathorn21st

Junior

• Members

Posted 06 April 2004 - 02:39 PM

masterlink3000: Solid screen, but too symmetrical.

skateboarder11: Red and brown as the predominant colors = bland.

Polygon: Hey, I've seen this before... icon_wink.gif It's a fine shot.

Jaivaz: Nice try, but there are a few things wrong with this shot. Break up the wall and alter your tree placement.

codelinker: This is just too much. Honestly, I'm not voting for this just because you've shown it to me twice already. I'd rather see you finish a quest and submit new shots than constantly polish one screen.

Nick: You've submitted better shots, but this one is still better than the rest. *votes*

Snort: I love your tileset, but the seizure effect is too "over the top" for me.

Teilyr: Screens like this make me glad that I'm testing your quest. Nothing too special (needs more color) but if all of the screens in "Passage Cavern" are like this... icon_biggrin.gif

Hunter: Count how many different combos you used on that screen. Then count how many different combos are in any of the other 8 screens. See the difference?

#20 Jaivaz

Jaivaz

God of Death

• Banned

Posted 06 April 2004 - 03:52 PM

ok now....
What happened to the top of my pic was that I didnt want the item things to be showing and I just...deleted it. Don't ask why I did it cause....I have no idea.
And as for the trees...I need them that way so that they link to the forest...and the bottom is bland...because the main part of that screen is really just the top part, the Kokiri Forest.
And as for making my own heart....I've been working on it.
Now for the one I vote for...Teilyr's is the most interesting in my opinion and Nick's is a close second. So I vote for Teilyr.

#21 HydraPheetz

HydraPheetz

pwhoar

• Members

Posted 06 April 2004 - 04:05 PM

codelinker gets my vote for great usage of layers...

I also like the sorta-seizure inducing shot that snort submitted, and I actually like all of them pretty equally.

#22 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 06 April 2004 - 04:24 PM

My comments (I'm null voting since I'm in this one).

MasterLink3000: This is a fairly decent shot for what it is. However, my main issue with it is the near perfect symmetry it happens to have. Symmetry is boring. icon_shrug.gif

skateboarder11: This shot works for what it does. However... if the shot doesn't have spectacular graphics, it's hard to overlook the ZQuest GUI (it's easy to just clip it out). Also, the near perfect symmetry also brought this down. icon_shrug.gif

PolygonX8: I like this shot. It has most of the things a shot needs. However... my only issue is the grass. I've been spoiled with it having rounded corners instead of suddenly ending. icon_razz.gif

Jaivaz867: The top right portion of this screen is excellent. However... the lack of detail on the rest of the screen brings the shot down a bit.

codelinker8705: Okay... I admit this is a different shot... but it still has the same basic style to it. I like some of the small details such as the vines on the walls added... but you really need to show some other area besides that cavern. icon_sweat.gif

Nick: Exploding eggos danced on heavy feathers from flying pigs.

Snort: This shot has perfect horizontal symmetry. That isn't a good thing. I like the idea behind it, though.

Teilyr: I really like this shot (yeah... I know it's simple). It's one of the first cave shots to get my attention in awhile. icon_smile.gif

Hunter P.: I know you are using newfirst, but there are still many things you could add to this shot. Rocks outside in the beach, curves in the beach shore, ect.

#23 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 06 April 2004 - 04:47 PM

Well, I like them all too, but since I entered, I just Nulled. icon_smile.gif I like the way Nick's shot is set up, maybe could use his as a basis for one of my screens. icon_smile.gif but I probably wouldn't get to it.

I do have a few comments from people that I would like to address.

QUOTE(Hero Link)
{b]Snort[/b]-This looks like I would have to play in windowed mode. I can't wait to play this if it is part of a quest.

Yup it is. icon_razz.gif It's part of my level 8. get more info from AGN. icon_smile.gif

QUOTE(UpbeatPenguin)
Snort: ADGjdgfaghhfahhfghgfhdalakrt. That gives me a headache. Must have took a while to make though.

Took me about 1 and a half hours to get the layering correct. icon_smile.gif plus add about another hour drawing up the dungeon set and the flashing part. (the flashing part is just a simple cycled pallete. icon_smile.gif

Thank you. icon_biggrin.gif

#24 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 April 2004 - 04:54 PM

PolygonX8: I like this shot. It has most of the things a shot needs. However... my only issue is the grass. I've been spoiled with it having rounded corners instead of suddenly ending. icon_razz.gif

You mean the tall grass (Cutable)? I really only do that if the grass was on land. icon_razz.gif But if that's what's bothering you, I'll fix it. Because, I may update LN quite a bit and make the leves longer, making it a little easier, as well as giving each level it's own minimaps.

#25 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 April 2004 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE(Nick @ Apr 6 2004, 03:24 PM)
Hunter P.: I know you are using newfirst, but there are still many things you could add to this shot. Rocks outside in the beach, curves in the beach shore, ect

I'm going to do that. Man, I'm glad I entered this to get some info. The next time I enter this pic, it will be better.

Yes, I am using newfirst...with some ripped off tiles from other games and roms.

#26 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 April 2004 - 05:13 PM

I'm going to do that. Man, I'm glad I entered this to get some info. The next time I enter this pic, it will be better.

Yes, I am using newfirst...with some ripped off tiles from other games and roms.

BTW, Link's colors are a little screwed. The shading on the hat looks wrong. Flip the dark grey with the light to correct that.

Oh and one more other thing, don't pull off a Codelinker and submit the same shot for the next three weeks. After you resubmit for next week, the week after send something else. icon_wink.gif

#27 plith

plith

I've been thinking.

• Members

Posted 06 April 2004 - 06:03 PM

Snort's got my attention and my vote.

#28 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 06 April 2004 - 06:04 PM

Z, I apologize for not missing your shot. I think you submitted it in chat and I never got around to downloading it. Please submit again, and I will make sure it gets in next week.

#29 Breadguy

Breadguy

Warrior

• Members

Posted 06 April 2004 - 09:26 PM

Sorry about the same kind of pic. I just couldn't find another pic to use. I will get up something great for next week. I hope I actually beat everyone this time.. BTW, I null voted.

#30 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 07 April 2004 - 04:23 PM

I vote masterlink

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users