Photo

Screenshot of the Week 53

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

Poll: Which pic? (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Which pic?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 05 April 2004 - 10:48 PM

And the nominees are...

masterlink3000
user posted image

skateboarder11
user posted image

PolygonX8
user posted image
Link: Well, here I am, posing for a picture that's going to enter SoTW. And now I have PolygonX8 scratching his head because he can't think of any captions. *sigh* Will my nightmare never end?

Jaivaz867
user posted image

codelinker8705
user posted image

Nick
user posted image
A test shot of some new elements in the AoA tileset.

Snort
user posted image
Seizure Mayhem

Teilyr
user posted image
Just a simple cave shot due to a lack of quality screens.

Hunter P.
user posted image

#2 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 April 2004 - 10:58 PM

Masterlink3000: Nicely Built.
skateboarder11: That looks good. Are those ice?
PolygonX8: BS tiles looks good.
javaiz867: What happened to the top of it?
codelinker8705: Is that one screen above the last screenshot you sent in of that temple? It looks good, but just wondering.
Nick: Nice Colors.
Snort: (Can't talk cuz I'm spazzing out)
Teilyr: Nice shot
Me: I call it "What is this!? A Chrono Cross opening?" My pic sucks compaired to everyone elses, and plus, I did it in a hurry. Oh, well.

Polygon X8, you get my vote.

#3 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 April 2004 - 11:13 PM

Wow, nice shots, especially Snort's, Codelinker's, Nick's, and of course mine. icon_wink.gif

I don't vote when I enter, but I'd pick Nick's shot, as Snort's is just too agh... the flashing!

#4 a guy and his game

a guy and his game

Wizard

• Members

Posted 05 April 2004 - 11:20 PM

Can't seem to decide between codelinker and masterlink. hmm...
*looks over shots one more time*
*votes for codelinker*

Codelinker's just appeals to me more. Just looks the best out of all of them.

Comments:
masterlink3000
nice shot. somehow that waterfall coming out of the mountain doesn't look right. Might want to fix that one.
Rating within SSOTW: 8/9
Normal rating: 7/10

skateboarder11:
I'm guessing this is from your mario tileset. I't looks okay. It could use a little more detail. BTW how does ice stay frozen on top of lava? icon_razz.gif You should think about making some lava borders so the edge doesn't look so odd. Maybe add some statues.
Rating within SSOTW: 3/9
Normal rating: 7/10

PolygonX8:
It's a good shot. Maybe not so many bridges so close together.
Rating within SSOTW: 7/9
Overall: 8/10

javaiz867:
Lacks a little in detail. Maybe change the things outside of the mountains to trees and rocks. You should also try to make your own heart for your 2 lovers.
Rating within SSOTW: 4/9
Normal Rating: 6/10

codelinker:
Nice forest shot! icon_thumbsup.gif Like the way you positioned the shadows. Might want to cut back on the vines that are on the walls. They're taking up too much space. Also try to make the walls crossing into the bushes look more natural.
Rating within SSOTW: 9/9
Normal rating: 9/10

Nick:
The way you have the dirt looks somehow...strange... Try making a bigger grass patch in the middle. Add some more objects too. Maybe make some more trees and add a few rocks. Pretty good screen.
Rating within SSOTW: 5/9
Normal rating: 8/10

Snort:
ugh...
*has a seizure*
Definitely change the flashing walls! That's a must! Then try moving your torches out a little. They don't look good too close together. Take some out if you have to. Other than that it's okay for a treasure room. Maybe put a waterfall in.
Rating within SSOTW: 2/9
Normal rating: 3/10 (change the walls! icon_wink.gif -1 point)

Teilyr:
Not bad icon_thumbsup.gif Could be a little better although I'm not sure how to improve on this one... I'll let someone else handle that.
Rating within SSOTW: 6/9
Normal rating: ?/10

Hunter P.
umm... It's too bland. Need to add a lot more in there than just an empty shoreline. Maybe put some rocks and seagulls if you have any.
Rating within SSOTW: 1/9
Normal rating: 3/10

#5 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 April 2004 - 11:26 PM

Well, I think this is going to be like when I became a quest builder, cause this is the first time I'm doing this. I suck at first, but soon, I catch up to the top.

Edit: I'll take your advice though. I just watched the CC opening once again, and I saw some added stuff, like seaguls and all that stuff. I'll try that, if I can find someone to make bird tiles for me.

Edited by Hunter P Brown, 05 April 2004 - 11:34 PM.

#6 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 05 April 2004 - 11:38 PM

masterlink3000: Good palette tweak.. Good tile arrangement as well.

sb11: Eh.. I dunno. It's okay.

Polygon: A good screen but, I didn't care for all of the bridges. Seems a little too random.

codelinker: You submitted this screen again?! Yes, it looks different but, it's the same screen from the last 2 times you've entered. Anyway, since those uh.. foresty things seem to be overhead, you should consider not using the bell tree there. Maybe change it out for another one, since the bell trees are on the ground.

Nick: I like the new grass. icon_thumbsup.gif Good arrangement of stuff as well.

Snort: @_@ I'm not even touching this one.

Hunter: It's.. very empty. I'm curious as to what the poof of smoke is but, other than that, there's just not much going on here.

Not sure who I'm going to vote for yet. Good group of shots, though.

#7 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 05 April 2004 - 11:51 PM

Too many good shots this week. I'm sure glad I didn't enter this week. I'll enter next week.

masterlink3000-Good shot. I like the setup and coloring of this shot. *votes*

skateboarder11-Not too bad. I think the ice/glass idea is good but it looks kinda funny for some reason.

PolygonX8-Good screen PolygonX8. I love the bridges ans stuff. This is one of my favorite screens in LN.

Jaivaz867-Nice screen, but I think you should add some variation to the mountain like a hole here and there or a branchoff of the cliff. Also, what did happen to the top?

codelinker8705-Good setup and stuff for this. I like the shadow layer also.

Nick-Great shot. I like how this one looks because it uses a variety of colors and good setup. This was my second choice.

Snort-This looks like I would have to play in windowed mode. I can't wait to play this if it is part of a quest.

Teilyr-Good shot. I like the custom tiles and stuff. Good setup of the room.

Hunter P.-This shot is kinda blank and bland.

That was a difficult decision. I picked one though.

#8 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 April 2004 - 12:00 AM

And well, crap. I didn't even notice Tei submitted! I love the colors on that screen as well as the torches and the tile at the top.

#9 Mr. Z

Mr. Z

Old Bastard is back!

• Members

Posted 06 April 2004 - 01:08 AM

Hey, where's my pic? icon_frown.gif

#10 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 06 April 2004 - 01:13 AM

That sucks. I hope you get it in next week. I'm sure it is a great shot. icon_wink.gif

#11 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 06 April 2004 - 05:54 AM

masterlink3000 - Looks pretty good. Nice colors and everything, but lacks details and the waterfall looks wrong.
6 / 10

skateboarder11 - Ugh... Bad tiles, no details, nothing happening...
3 / 10

PolygonX8 - Well... I really can't find anything good from this shot, and the edges of mountain tiles look bad.
4 / 10

Jaivaz867 - Bland. Basic tiles and boring layout.
4 / 10

codelinker8705 - Looks nice, but these "forest temple" shots are starting to get a bit old and I see some problems especially in the southeast corner of the screen...
5 / 10

Nick - Looks very good. Nice tiles, layout, some details and finally some action too. This shot gets my vote.
7 / 10

Snort - Ugh, that flashing looks a bit odd and the room looks just like a basic dungeon entrance... but I like the floor.
5 / 10

Teilyr - Boooring. Just a basic cave shot. Nothing more, nothing less.
4 / 10

Hunter P. - The word bland gets a new meaning after seeing this shot. It's almost an empty screen...
2 / 10

Many shots this week, but none of them were really good (except Nick's shot). icon_sigh.gif

#12 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 06 April 2004 - 06:14 AM

masterlink3000: Nice. Good layout. Nice use of tiles.
skateboarder11: It doesn't look great. It would be much better if there were borders around the floor.
PolygonX8: Nice. Not bland. A bit of action. Although, some of the tiles look odd.
Jaivaz867: Bland. That's all there really is to say.
codelinker8705: I have to agree with Petoe. These forest shots are getting a bit boring, and there are some problems, and the SE corner is odd.
Nick: Good lay out. Nice tiles. But, the grass going onto the cliffs look a bit odd in the north west corner.
Snort: @_@. Okay layout. I don't know if I want to get a seizure though.
Teilyr: Okay. The tiles up at the very top look odd. But, I do like the doors. icon_wink.gif
Hunter P: Very bland.
It's pretty much a tie between Poly, Nick and Tei.
Hmm, Nick. His has a good layout, has the least of problems. So, **vote**.

#13 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 06 April 2004 - 06:34 AM

QUOTE(LinktheMaster @ Apr 6 2004, 07:14 AM)
Teilyr: Okay. The tiles up at the very top look odd.

Eh? You mean the curvy cave walls?

Yeah, that's my style. I like it and it looks good to me so, they'll be staying.

QUOTE(Petoe @ Apr 6 2004, 06:54 AM)
Teilyr - Boooring. Just a basic cave shot. Nothing more, nothing less.
4 / 10

Yeah, I know my cave shot isn't the best thing going today, and I probably should've entered something better. But, ya know what? At least I'm entering something, Mr. Commentary. I haven't seen you enter anything in nearly 2 months so, how's about you put up or shut up.

kthx.

Also, before you go telling me what's boring, how's about you make a quest that doesn't make me from falling asleep while playing it. (It happend!)

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get some sleep.

*fires up MM: DWR* icon_sleep.gif

#14 Joe

Joe

Junior

• Members

Posted 06 April 2004 - 07:49 AM

I think all of these are good, but strange thing about art is how diverse styles appeal to the taste buds of a particular person. I like both the cave screen (which won my vote) as well as MM. Odd but I'm from Texas perhaps I'm the weird one.

Thanks - Joe

#15 Lotus Eater

Lotus Eater

Wizard

• Members

Posted 06 April 2004 - 07:54 AM

I just thought codelinkers appealed to me the most of all the shots. Simple.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users