Photo

Screenshot of the Week 211

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
67 replies to this topic

Poll: SotW 211 (68 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite shot.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:03 AM

Okay, here's my reviews:
Billy Ronald, that is... again, I do not like your screen... there's several problems with it... You seem to have taken my ''no straight mountains'' advice, but... don't use TOO much diagonal mountains either! And orange rocks?! You say you've seen them irl... but this is a screen in a game... and even if you're trying to get it to look realistic, THEY DO NOT FIT IN! Link would also get stuck in the diagonal mountains at the edge of the screen.... also, you NEED to put in other things, like trees... you say you don't know where the f to put em... but... you've got LOTS of places to put em... try designing this way: Put mountains down first, then structures like houses and trees and other unwalkables, like fences. THEN you can go on with ground detail... Again, I do not like this screen... one of your worst in my opinion... sorry.

CastChaos: It's... okay... it's rather ''meh''. I don't like the palette by the way icon_razz.gif I don't know what else to say...

Russ: That screen reminds me of Family Guy: COMPLETE RANDOMNESS! What the heck where you thinking? I mean, WHY is that mountain part placed like that? you could have atleast used it to block that corner... and the ground detail?! What?! WHAT?!
Come on... Throw away your randomness and make some good screens again... I know you can do it... I've seen you do it... DO IT! icon_razz.gif

gray0x, your screen isn't perfect... you're stacking everything into the middle... this isn't good screendesign... but your screen still looks good... not because of the placement of the tiles... but because of the palette you used with these awesome tiles! It really makes me think of the old days... And because of this, you are getting my vote!

#32 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:40 PM

I voted Bliiy Ronald. Really good screen in my opinion, but if that's the entrance to the water temple, the pits on the top left and right would look better filled with water.

#33 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:33 PM

Shoelace, I am begging you! Remove my screenshot! Please!

#34 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:06 PM

Again: No, I can't delete your screen. It is unnecessary either way. Once you submit it, it is up. Sorry. :/

#35 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE(Shoelace @ May 21 2008, 08:06 PM) View Post

Again: No, I can't delete your screen. It is unnecessary either way. Once you submit it, it is up. Sorry. :/

How come /M/ (I believe) once allowed it?

#36 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:29 PM

I voted Gray0x, as a). it was only 4 colors, which is really cool, and b). I believe it has the best screen design out of all of the screens this week. Billy's is second, CastChaos's is third and Russ's is fourth.
And besides, Gray0x's indirectly gave me motivation for me to submit the example overworld map I made for the 2-color tileset contest into the next MotM.

#37 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE(TriMaster001 @ May 21 2008, 06:12 PM) View Post

How come /M/ (I believe) once allowed it?

Ya, how come? Please Shoelace, before I lose every last bit of credibility I have, delete it!

#38 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:19 PM

Or you can just redeem yourself some other time... it's not that big a deal. It's just SotW.

#39 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:42 PM

It's no big deal, Russ. Everyone's seen it by now anyway. Just enter a great shot next week.

Although /M/ did allow Nuvo to withdraw at his request.

#40 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 22 May 2008 - 12:08 AM

Hmm... I didn't know you can do that. I just don't want to touch it because it may mess up the poll. Ask /M/ to do it, because I am not touching it. Sorry. icon_frown.gif >_<

Yes, I am a chicken.

But come on man. You entered, it is posted, people already commented on it, it would just be confusing if we took it off. But really, I am still confused why you submitted the screen, and also submitted on AGN's SotW. I mean if it is so bad, why submit it to both??? O_o. It is fine dude, no one thinks less of you. I have seen your other screens, I don't think you suck or anything. I know you are good. It looks like a quick DoR shot of a recreation of aLttP.

#41 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:01 AM

Russ, the only real loser is the one that gives up.
Really, just because your shot isn't... good, you DID enter to the contest...
That was YOUR choice... no one FORCED you to do it... and no, Shoelace asking everyone to do it, is not an excuse. You need to stand up for your actions... I mean, come on... you've lost SotW before, haven't you?
It doesen't really matter... you won't lose any respect either. This contest IS, afterall, just for fun.... it's not like... you know, you won't win anything.... icon_razz.gif
So I think you should just... leave it be...
And really, I don't care if your screen isn't as good as gray0x...
Heck, I think billy's is worse... icon_smile.gif

#42 Bourkification

Bourkification

Magus

• Members

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:26 AM

Billy, I liked your shot, so I voted for it. But you say it is a Water Temple, if so it looks a bit out of place. You could put some more water or some water themed things on the screen, not just spring the Water Temple on us when we are in what looks to be a forest... Now i've had my *****, it's good.

#43 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 22 May 2008 - 06:18 AM

I have to agree with MW, Migo, and Shoelace. Just go all the way man. You're putting too much pressure for the SotW mods.

Besides, we're halfway through, there's no point of turning back.

#44 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ May 21 2008, 11:01 PM) View Post

Well, at least you think that. Then again, you have a tendency to hate Billy's screens. But, I'll just try to enter a decent one next week.

#45 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ May 22 2008, 01:01 AM) View Post

What do you have against billy? icon_confused2.gif Billy's screen wasn't bad at all, I know everyone has their own opinion, but you can't possibly think that Russ's screen was better then Billy's. icon_eek.gif
I think that just because Billy has constructed bad screens in the past you tend to put him down for his new and improved work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users