Photo

Screenshot of the Week 206

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

Poll: SoTW 206 (70 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:00 PM

CastChaos
IPB Image
"Can you remember, Radien? The past, the cold one? The walls in CSet6...?"

HylianLegend
IPB Image
"As evil creeps over Maia Field, the earth begins to stagnate."

ZebraStallion
IPB Image
Link takes a stroll on a lovely spring day. Who cares about Zelda? (Please do NOT comment on passive subscreen, it isn't finished!

Link R Us
IPB Image
"First Gameplay screenshot of my quest."

Giggidy
IPB Image
dis be fun!

LostInHyru1e
IPB Image
"A "ZOMG, I've only got 20 minutes till submission and no screen yet!" presentation by LostInHyru1e, self-proclaimed king of procrastination."

#2 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:10 PM

CastChaos: Uh, strange tiles choices. What's with the forest tops put in circles or quarter/half of circles? The OW tiles really makes this seem weird to me. :\

HylianLegend: Pretty good, nothing to special for SotW though. Try filling up the corners, makes the screen feel more complete.

ZebraStallion: Pretty bland, not really SotW material, the left side of the screen really bugs me. Fill up that corner and put down some more ground details. Oh, forgot to say, don't use .jpgs. I see you uploaded to imageshack so you can't blame photobucket for turning it into a .jpg. Seriously, with that file type everything loses detail and it always results in color loss. Zquest -> Etc. -> Options -> 2 -> Snapshot format GIF. Or change it in ZCLauncher.

Link R Us: The lower elevation is really nice, but everything on the upper part is boring, with two misplaced grasses on the left. I really like the lower part though.

Giggidy: Haven't seen SD3 shot in awhile, pretty cool, but doesn't really grab me.

LostInHyrule: Pretty good GB screen, I have no problems whatsoever with it. My vote goes here. But you know...this is your...7th SotW in a row? It's getting kinda stale, take a break for a bit.

Edited by Plissken, 13 April 2008 - 07:25 PM.

#3 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:12 PM

Wow, some good competition this week! *Gives up hope of winning*

CastChaos- I lub that. icon_smile.gif There are some parts that, when you stop and think about it, make you think "Huh?", but overall it looks great. Would've voted here.

HylianLegend- I do not know you personally, but you seem to be just getting the knack for DoR2.0. Keep practicing with it, and your screens will get better and better.

ZebraStallion- I despise the DoR trees in the right perspective, so there they look very ugly. The screen isn't bad, but it's lacking much of a design.

Link R Us: Looks frantic, and very cool.

Giggidy- second place. Very cool tiles, it's just that the design of the screen isn't anything special.

LostInHyru1e- It's ME!

EDIT:

LostInHyrule: Pretty good GB screen, I have no problems whatsoever with it. My vote goes here. But you know...this is your...7th SotW in a row? It's getting kinda stale, take a break for a bit.

It's just that I like this competition and it's excitement so much. icon_smile.gif

Edited by LostInHyru1e, 13 April 2008 - 07:14 PM.

#4 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:35 PM

Voted for CastChaos.

LiH... please, man, stop competing... I mean, it's cool that you enjoy it, but sometimes you should take a break. Though, if you compete an 8th time... prepare yourself. I plan on competing next week. I gotta add another shot to SotM/SotY!

#5 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:37 PM

LiH... please, man, stop competing... I mean, it's cool that you enjoy it, but sometimes you should take a break.

Alright, I must say, I don't see your logic. I mean, if I enjoy it, why can't I just keep doing it? Is it hurting anybody? I believe it's been twice already that if I didn't enter there wouldn't have been enough shots!

#6 HylianLegend

HylianLegend

• Members

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:29 PM

Hahaha, I just realized that I submitted the wrong screenshot. Oh well, that one'll have to do. =) The corners in this one are relatively empty to give the Maia Field area a somewhat vast appearance. I usually work with Classic, Pure and others so yes, DoR is fairly new for me, but I'm definitely loving it. Maybe next week I'll put in the SotW entry that I was going to put in this one.

Edited by HylianLegend, 13 April 2008 - 08:32 PM.

#7 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:31 PM

CC FTW!

#8 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE(TriMaster001 @ Apr 13 2008, 09:31 PM) View Post
CC FTW!
Dude! Your post was eight characters long! icon_freak.gif

CC's shot reminds me of Sabotage Dragoon. Beautifully done. icon_smile.gif

#9 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:28 PM

I voted for CastChaos, I love how he put together that cave, except for some of those treetop corners placed in unusual places, but still, I like it. icon_smile.gif

#10 Giggidy

Giggidy

We live for chaos so that we may die for ourselves.

• Banned

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:38 PM

cast chaos...

Treetops, On the ground?

icon_eek.gif

why

#11 trucky5

trucky5

"WHAT KIND ARE THEY?" THEY'RE GUATIBALIAN!

• Members

Posted 13 April 2008 - 10:12 PM

I voted for Link R Us because I didn't see any flaws, and I liked the color choice and the way things were placed. Please feel free to correct me on the "no flaws" part.
Over all, good competition this week! I liked all of these screens! icon_smile.gif

#12 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 13 April 2008 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Apr 13 2008, 09:19 PM) View Post
Dude! Your post was eight characters long! icon_freak.gif

Seven. ShadowTiger are not good at maths. icon_deformed.gif
Yeah, CC's shot was the one that really grabbed me this week. The tile choices are wonderful, you made everything appear so natural... it's really great. 9/10

Hylian Legend: The screen design really isn't that great. icon_unsettled.gif I'd suggest more "risky" use of the mountains and a greater variety in trees (not too much variety, just use one or two more types). I'd also use a little bit more elevation on the right side of the screen. 6/10

ZebraStallion: Again, not really great screen design. The focus of the screen is smack-dab in the center, something you should avoid on most screens. 6/10

Link R Us: Close second to CastChaos. The overall effect of the screen is quite nice, but some of the tile usage seems a bit off (notice that SD3 grass all the way on the left, on top of the "mountain"). Still, a great screenshot with solid design. 8/10

Giggidy: Good tiles, but really basic screen design. Also,. the fact that the tree and house perfectly align with one another really kills the natural flow of the screen, imo. 6/10

LostinHyrule: Okay screen with okay design. The rain obscures it a lot, however. 7/10

#13 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 13 April 2008 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE(/M/ @ Apr 13 2008, 07:00 PM) View Post

CastChaos
Looks very, cave-ey.

HylianLegend
It's OK for gameplay, fill the corners and use different small trees.

ZebraStallion
YOUR PASSIVE SUCKS icon_deformed.gif
Well, err.. yeah. Bland.

Link R Us
Looks like you closed your eyes and placed combos on places.

Giggidy
Meh. Ripped graphics. Good for you.

LostInHyru1e
Hmm.. I now see what people are saying about my screen in the Screenshot Thread. The rain takes up too much space, try transparent blue for the rain as well. And other than that, can't see it.

Castchaos

Edited by gray0x, 13 April 2008 - 10:22 PM.

#14 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:45 PM

Hmm... I don't have time for a full review now, but right now, I'm not sure if I should go CC or LiH...
and people... What's with the ''stop competing' thing? That's not your choice... Let the boy have fun, will ya?
Now... I'll be back later today icon_razz.gif

Gray0x: Uhh... it's not that the rain takes up TO MUCH space... is HOW you placed ther two rain tiles down... LiH did that part fine, I think... But you have two rain tiles, am I right? Use the one that does not splash on the ground more than the other, and you'l be fine... But do NEVER EVER plut rain tiles on SOME of the screen and let the rest be without them... EVER!

Edited by Migokalle, 13 April 2008 - 11:48 PM.

#15 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:40 AM

CastChaos: It's-a me!

HylianLegend: Isn't it wonderful how the new DoR graphics can lift an otherwise quite simple screen? An OK field screen.

ZebraStallion: The depressed ground with dominating grass is exciting, otherwise too simple screen.

Link R Us: Hey, what tileset it is? Very nice. I love the fairy statue entrance.

Giggidy: Ah, SD3... very nice... Beautiful water and flowers. An underused set.

LostInHyru1e: Just OK for a GB/BS screen.

Wow, I'm winning... Will this be my second win?
I enjoy how many are amazed by the plantness of my screen... Yes, that is a plant cave under a swamp. The power of Nature is so powerful there, that plants would grow out even from concrete or steel...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users