Photo

Screenshot of the Week 163

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 163 (54 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:47 PM

Racist. Haha, funny word. But yeah, I know what you mean.

#32 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:54 PM

I'm not (never will be) racist to DoR. But I AM getting racist to Pure. icon_razz.gif

I just don't think some of those Oracles graphics are meant to be used that way. icon_shrug.gif

Some could argue that DoR is similar, but there's plenty of stuff to overcome it, and plus those DoR mountains are just incredible! icon_drool.gif

Well, at least I got two votes on my first time around. icon_smile.gif Unlike billy ronald, who voted for himself. (cheater icon_razz.gif ) I don't think I'll have a shot for next week, but maybe the week after, if I get far enough on SoP's progress. I wanna have a full demo (from intro up through the Hero's Cave and level 1) ready by mid-June. Until then, it was good to get some experience. icon_shy.gif

#33 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 29 May 2007 - 07:05 PM

Actually, I entered to see how well I need to improve my quest Shadows of Dawn. I believe criticism can start out bad but end up being good. Because when I released demo v1.0, I got a handload of criticism, when v1.5 was released, not that many negative comments. Except maybe for the download server icon_razz.gif.

#34 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 29 May 2007 - 07:06 PM

Technically, being racist to means that you are being prejudiced against by something else. So really, the phrase you guys are looking for is prejudiced because if you say you are racist to DoR or whatever, you are actually saying that DoR is being prejudiced against you. Kind of weird that way. icon_razz.gif

Anyway, I wonder if I should send in a shot from Palace of Ordeal...

Edited by Nuvo, 29 May 2007 - 07:07 PM.

#35 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 29 May 2007 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ May 29 2007, 07:54 PM) View Post

Some could argue that DoR is similar, but there's plenty of stuff to overcome it, and plus those DoR mountains are just incredible! icon_drool.gif

I personally find the DoR mountains to be repulsive, along with most of the trees that Radien edited in that set.

Edited by Sharon Daniel, 29 May 2007 - 07:52 PM.

#36 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 29 May 2007 - 07:59 PM

Well, your tastes. icon_unsettled.gif I guess you have the right to say so, though, since you've done some great tile work, yourself. icon_biggrin.gif

Like this shot, here. In the lead by two. I'm starting to think I should've cast my vote for it, now that I compare closer with ennon's shot. Now, it doesn't appeal to me like it did. icon_unsettled.gif I really don't have anything against Pure at all. But only it and DoR seem worthy enough to make a shot with, unless you're REALLY good with NewFirst, or CGBZ.

#37 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 29 May 2007 - 09:36 PM

I quite dislike DoR, sorry Radien. I'm more of a pure kind of guy. I just like the way it looks, when its use properly of course, and it can be edited fairly easily with spectacular results. I love pure.

#38 Johan

Johan

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 01:52 AM

None of these screens are that good. Where is NoeL with his sexay pictures? icon_frown.gif

Ennafenom I vote for you. It is the most pleasing to my eye.

#39 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 30 May 2007 - 02:04 AM

I voted for SD. The shot runs pretty smoothly, and mostly everything seems to fit together. The stairs are the only thing bothering me.

#40 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 02:33 AM

Billy Ronald:

Despite simplicity, I like this shot. Just two things I might mention:

1. why put three different statues so close together? and...
2. part of the fence on the right seems to be a different color.

Good job improving your screens! Next time hopefully there'll be more "action."

ennonfenom:

Well hey, this is the first time I've seen transparent water used in the DoR set where it actually looks fairly good. icon_smile.gif I see you did some editing and combined the deep sea waves with the LTTP water. It's not perfect, but it's the best attempt so far.

By the way, a lot of the mountain tiles at the base of the mountain are the wrong CSet; those grey pixels should be green. Also, the combo that is one up and one to the right of the right half of the cave should be a diagonal rock tile rather than a straight one. Additionally, the stakes on the bridge would look better as grey (CSet 4). And why is that woman sweeping when she's in the middle of a bunch of grass?...

Then there's the incomplete subscreen.... There are a lot of good things in this shot, but I'm hesitant to vote for it.

Sharon Daniel:

This is a very standard Pure-ish screen. There really isn't anything done wrong; it's pretty solid. Not much that's new, though. However, I do like those new bat-demon enemies. The subscreen hearts are pretty nice, too. I came very close to voting for this.

The Satellite:

Ahh, nice to see a DoR shot which is (mostly) put together right. I could nitpick, but overall I'd say you know what you're doing. The walkability looks a bit odd in the bottom-right, though. Might wanna look at that. The upper-right seems a bit cramped, too.

Personally, I'd say a Triforce shrine wouldn't seem that out of place even in a forest in Hyrule. But that's you're call. icon_razz.gif

I'm glad to see someone using small DoR trees without replace replacing them with crappy Pure Oracle trees.

Trimaster001:

Hmmm....

Well, these are Minish Cap tiles. Used correctly, albeit with some unexciting LTTP tiles thrown in.

However, it's just an entryway. We've seen tons of these... I'd rather see what else is in this dungeon before I vote for a shot from it.

Also, minus points for using the older, crappier version of LTTP Link, which I wish would disappear. Improved versions of him have appeared in later LTTP sets. I created one too, for that matter. You'd do well to rip a new Link into your Pure palette.

I voted for The Satellite, but really, this week seems too close to call in my book. All four shots are on almost equal footing. It isn't the best SOTW ever, but I see some definite improvement in several entrants.

#41 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:02 AM

Could I see some new Link tiles?

#42 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:12 AM

I'm just tired of seeing them. and neither are a race, therefore racism is not the appropriate word.

#43 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE(Radien @ May 30 2007, 03:33 AM) View Post

The Satellite:

Ahh, nice to see a DoR shot which is (mostly) put together right. I could nitpick, but overall I'd say you know what you're doing. The walkability looks a bit odd in the bottom-right, though. Might wanna look at that. The upper-right seems a bit cramped, too.

I made sure of its walkability before I submitted it. Though I see that shell there being out of place, and I'm probably going to cut down on the trees. I think it was Nathaniel who suggested that to make people anticipate what happens next. It would be found strange for the player to walk into a familiar Zelda locale to find it turning to desert. [hint hint]A curse is arising in Hyrule, and familiar places turn strange.[/hint hint] If I run out of DMaps, I may have to bump this into 2.5 simply for the extra DMaps. Though maybe not... I probably won't use 'em all.

Personally, I'd say a Triforce shrine wouldn't seem that out of place even in a forest in Hyrule. But that's you're call. icon_razz.gif

It's a shrine that is also in Link's home village, and Link's expressing amazement at the existence of one outside of his home.[/hint hint]

I'm glad to see someone using small DoR trees without replace replacing them with crappy Pure Oracle trees.

I'm rather fond of them, myself. icon_smile.gif

I voted for The Satellite, but really, this week seems too close to call in my book. All four shots are on almost equal footing. It isn't the best SOTW ever, but I see some definite improvement in several entrants.

I appreciate that, though I'm far from winning. Well, good to see I'm doing this good on my first time around. icon_wink.gif
QUOTE(Trimaster001)

Other than what? DoR? I actually think that the DoR default Link tiles are the best ones.

The Pure Links are (mostly) good, except for that evil Hybrid Link. icon_sweat.gif

Edited by The Satellite, 30 May 2007 - 11:31 AM.

#44 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 30 May 2007 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE(Trimaster001 @ May 30 2007, 08:02 AM) View Post

I'm using custom Link tiles. icon_unsettled.gif

#45 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 03:12 PM

Problem solved. I think this new modified Link is WAY better than the previus Link.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users