Photo

Screenshot of the Week 147

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
92 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 147 (67 member(s) have cast votes)

8 entries this week!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 04 December 2006 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE(Nathaniel @ Dec 4 2006, 05:56 PM) View Post
Moonwhisper - Good effort and decent usage of tiles. I can't say that it is good enough to be the best, though.

Hey, I wasn't aiming to win, just to see how I can do better on winter shots. Nothing like some good ol' advice.

Oh, and Eatincake, as always, I can explain. You see, during this point, it was just spring. Then, the seasons cycled through real fast. It's only been snowing for a few minutes. So there's bound to still have some leaves on the ground.

Edited by Moonwhisper, 04 December 2006 - 06:24 PM.

#32 Comix

Comix

Hello.

• Members

Posted 04 December 2006 - 07:29 PM

Sir Pimpalot just eats everyone with his custom graphics. I mean whats better then a fat guy with one glove on a mountain made of rock?

#33 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 04 December 2006 - 09:01 PM

...When he has 2 gloves! :O!

Meh. Don't really have much else to say. I also found that archive of FSA graphics, if anyone wants it.

#34 Blue Link 2007

Blue Link 2007

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 04 December 2006 - 09:30 PM

Alot of people have been wondering about my shot, so, here is the rundown.

It is indeed a boss fight, the mole being the boss. I edited 2 Monty moles together(not very good) and put in a couple of enemies. This shot is an early beta shot, so expect changes when the game is released.

Ayways, I might put the mole up on the database, and if anybody wants to edit it, you have my premission to do so.

#35 mikepjr

mikepjr

• Members

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:52 PM

WOW! Um.... im going with EatinCake, Sharon, you would have gotten my vote but.... snow is not gray, snow should have a kind of blue tint, looks more like... um.. hmm... not sure.. cement i guess.
Also that cliff graphics does not really fit too well.

The rest fail to impress me at all.

I have a sugestion about the mole blue link, play Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga, their is a mole you could
rip and enlarge, just remove his bow tie and he should work like ... much better.

Edited by mikepjr, 04 December 2006 - 11:58 PM.

#36 .TakaM

.TakaM

Junior

• Members

Posted 05 December 2006 - 01:47 AM

voted for Mr.Z

good shot for the limits of the NES tiles, all the other screenshots are boring and Ive seen shots like them many times before.

#37 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 05 December 2006 - 06:28 AM

QUOTE(mikepjr @ Dec 4 2006, 11:52 PM) View Post

WOW! Um.... im going with EatinCake, Sharon, you would have gotten my vote but.... snow is not gray, snow should have a kind of blue tint, looks more like... um.. hmm... not sure.. cement i guess.
Also that cliff graphics does not really fit too well.

I hate to break it to you, but snow isn't blue either. icon_razz.gif

#38 Lotus Eater

Lotus Eater

Wizard

• Members

Posted 05 December 2006 - 11:17 AM

Actually snow is more grey if anything, but then it changes depending on the person, I see snow with more gray in it then someone with slightly differerent color percentions would. Anyways, I think gray is better than blue due to the shadowing would make it seem gray tinged.

#39 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 05 December 2006 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE(WindStrike @ Dec 4 2006, 03:22 PM) View Post
Uhh... Hero Link, I know for a fact that I sent you a shot for this week's. Did you not see it or accidentally dump it? Or did I do something wrong somehow - all I know is that I sent that shot correctly.
Fyi, I did it back on... Wednesday or Tuesday I believe... maybe Thursday.

I sent you an email and a PM apologizing that I overlooked your screenshot, and that it will be in the next SotW. I am still very sorry I missed it. icon_frown.gif

#40 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 05 December 2006 - 02:32 PM

I found everyone this precious snow tree:
IPB Image
Now your minds can be at rest.

#41 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 05 December 2006 - 02:40 PM

Okay, that's it. I'm tired of seeing comments like "That tree is too big". It's the LADX Resized Tree submission, and I only added a door. Just so you know, that tree isn't getting changed. Not one bit. If it did, YOU'D RUIN MY QUEST. That tree plays a VERY large part in the plot of Realm of Mirrors. And no dogs on thatr shot- That's that "wandering prophet" you see in OoS who keeps following you (basically) around, telling you about the Temple of Seasons and the Rod of Seasons. And by the way, THERE'S ACTUALLY TOO MANY TILES IN THAT SCREEN. Seriously, people tell me all the time to add some detail, and THIS is how I'm repaid for adding too much? You guys want more? Want to see what that screen would look like with MORE PEOPLE? Seriously, quit saying my screen is bad. It's like you're saying that simply because it's CGBZ. And by the way, that's the OoS Spring palette. COLORS ARE LIMITED. That's why the roots have the wrong colors a bit. That tree was supposed to be used for a different palette. I simply recolored it to fit my needs. Seriously, I think it looks a lot better like that than with the ugly DARK RED I could be using. Which would you rather have, that coloring, or the VERY UGLY COMBINATION of dark red, brown, and light yellow? Seriously, it looks bad, so get over it. It's fine how it is. Don't make a big deal out of it.

#42 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 05 December 2006 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE(Matthew @ Dec 5 2006, 07:40 PM) View Post
Okay, that's it. I'm tired of seeing comments like "That tree is too big". It's the LADX Resized Tree submission, and I only added a door. Just so you know, that tree isn't getting changed. Not one bit. If it did, YOU'D RUIN MY QUEST. That tree plays a VERY large part in the plot of Realm of Mirrors. And no dogs on thatr shot- That's that "wandering prophet" you see in OoS who keeps following you (basically) around, telling you about the Temple of Seasons and the Rod of Seasons. And by the way, THERE'S ACTUALLY TOO MANY TILES IN THAT SCREEN. Seriously, people tell me all the time to add some detail, and THIS is how I'm repaid for adding too much? You guys want more? Want to see what that screen would look like with MORE PEOPLE? Seriously, quit saying my screen is bad. It's like you're saying that simply because it's CGBZ. And by the way, that's the OoS Spring palette. COLORS ARE LIMITED. That's why the roots have the wrong colors a bit. That tree was supposed to be used for a different palette. I simply recolored it to fit my needs. Seriously, I think it looks a lot better like that than with the ugly DARK RED I could be using. Which would you rather have, that coloring, or the VERY UGLY COMBINATION of dark red, brown, and light yellow? Seriously, it looks bad, so get over it. It's fine how it is. Don't make a big deal out of it.

No offence, but I'm just going to hold it against you that you can't use this as an excuse when there comes a time that you make a screen that really is bad.

#43 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 05 December 2006 - 03:03 PM

Dark red, brown, light yellow?... Sounds too much like that Faxanadu screenshot I sent in. Someone needs to calm down. They're just providing constructive criticism. What you should do is criticize your own screenshot, sometime. I've criticized both the screenshots that I sent in, and I feel fine. Funny thing is: when you criticize your own, some people may actually say that mistake you criticized isn't really a mistake, and that it looks good.

#44 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 05 December 2006 - 03:20 PM

Are you the one who voted for your shot, Matthew? Seening as you only got 1, and I don't feel like go through all the posts to see who voted for you. Your screen isn't exactly the best use of the gameboy tileset. Just look at DFW's last quest. You shouldn't use that as an alternative to why your recieving bad comments.

#45 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 05 December 2006 - 03:26 PM

I never vote for myself. I don't find that to be fair. And just so you know, I'M SICK AND TIRED OF YOU ALWAYS CRITICISING ME, /M/. YOU'RE ALWAYS EXTREMELY NEGATIVE TOWARDS ME.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users