Photo

Burritos - black or pinto beans?

burritos chipotle

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Beans

Black or Pinto?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:07 PM

When you go to a restaurant like Chipotle, do you get black or pinto beans on your burrito?

#2 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:38 AM

Nulled. I always get both, and the "fajita" stuff. :P

I get white rice, both beans, fajita stuff, chicken and barbacoa (double meat), pico, cheese, hot sauce, corn, sour cream and guac. And, that is how you spend 13$ at Chipotle. :D

Oh, and I always get a bowl. Burritos are fine and dandy, but at Chipotle, you simply get more bang for your buck with a bowl, cause they don't have to worry about getting it to fit in a tortilla. #fatassamericans

• Beefster likes this

#3 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:34 PM

Never been to Chipotle's, but as a Mexican, I can bet natural burritos can't be beaten by fast food restaurants. :P However, as an experience, I can say that all burritos should always have beans in them, not minding what kind.

A burrito without beans is a sin in Mexican culture. Not even the Creator can forgive this.

• ShadowTiger, Anthus and Russ like this

#4 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:37 PM

I like black beans in a lot more than just burritos. One of the main ingredients I put in my chili is black beans. I also put in corn and kidney beans with that.
  • ShadowTiger likes this

#5 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:51 PM

Beans? Ew.

I get my chili beans free.

#6 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:11 PM

Pinto. Not that I don't like black; they're both great. But I prefer pinto. All beans are great though, really. Except refried. I don't understand how you can start with something so great and end with something so... not great.

Beans? Ew.

I get my chili beans free.

Who hurt you?
  • Deedee likes this

#7 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:30 PM

I like my beans like I like my men. Warm and comforting.

But yeah, I prefer black beans. I get the fajitas at Baja Fresh a little too frequently. Slathering on the samples of hot sauce, with black beans on the side ... it's nice.

• Adem, Jared and Deedee like this

#8 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:33 PM

My favorite kind of bean is jelly.

Which would go terrible on a burrito so no beans.

Seriously though, not much of a bean fan. There are kinds I tolerate, especially if they're drowned in other ingredients so they're not prominent, but if the main composition is beans, or there are too many, irrevocably out. I also avoid them if there's an option. Baked beans, strangely, are just fine though.

tl;dr no beans

• Beefster and Adem like this

#9 Rainst0rm4759

Rainst0rm4759

Hollow

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:14 PM

When I ate burritos black beans were a must, just not too many (more meat than beans but a lot of both :D ). But now, since eating a burrito without meat would just be sad and depressing, I started putting the black beans on nachos instead, and it tastes pretty good!

#10 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:50 AM

Black beans are awesome and I usually prefer them in burritos, but a can of ranch style (pinto) beans is great, especially for fajitas because of all the flavor. Plain pinto is not usually my thing, but works when it's just a small ingredient among many others in a burrito. I life refried (pinto) beans quite a lot and use them for tostadas, tacos and nachos.

#11 Skipper

Skipper

Magus

• Members

Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:52 AM

I just don't like burritos in general. Too much cilantro.

Fight me.

• Beefster likes this

#12 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 07 July 2017 - 05:30 AM

Fight you? All the more for me (now that's teamwork). ...Although I can't say I encounter burritos with cilantro that often, sounds rare.

#13 Chris Miller

Chris Miller

The Dark Man

• Banned

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:44 PM

Black or pinto beans?  Yes.

• Magi_Hero likes this

#14 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:57 AM

I just don't like burritos in general. Too much cilantro.

Fight me.

That pretty much ruined Chipotle for me for the first couple of years... Then I realized if you avoid the rice and pico de gallo, you don't have to deal with cilantro and how nasty it is.

By the way, I always go with black beans due to their more pronounced savory flavor. I pretty much always get the same thing at Chipotle: steak, black beans, plain rice or no rice, sour cream, fajitas, and the hottest sauce (due to not having cilantro in it)

I'm not a big fan of chicken on burritos... I vastly prefer beef.

#15 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 July 2017 - 11:03 AM

I'm not a big fan of chicken on burritos... I vastly prefer beef.

I would expect nothing less from the Beefster!

As for me, I don't eat burritos that much, but I'm open to all sorts of things on them.  As long as it's prepared decently, that is.  Always fresh, never heated from frozen.  But with that there are favorites.  I prefer whole black or pinto beans over refried beans, various vegetables, and meats such as ground beef, steak, chicken, or even fish.

• Beefster likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users