Freeform Combos

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#16 Zacron

Zacron

Wizard

• Members

Posted 14 April 2006 - 07:42 AM

So what can I do in 2.10 That compares then?

#17 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 14 April 2006 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE(LinktheMaster @ Apr 14 2006, 01:11 PM)
My demo quest was passworded? icon_odd.gif

View Post

No, I am asking if you will release this example quest. Is there already a way to get the demo?
EDIT: Its okay, I found it. I wasn't being observent enough before.

Edited by Limzo, 14 April 2006 - 08:20 AM.

#18 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 14 April 2006 - 06:16 PM

Useful stuff here, upon reading this, I made a small demo area of Hyrule Castle (TLD) that had the usual "you go to jail if they see you" with the guards, but they walked around, and it actually worked! Thanks LTM.

#19 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 15 April 2006 - 02:22 AM

When I downloaded the example, all I got was a strange dark picture with Link, the words "Sprite tiles for the newly added items" and a bush going across the screen. Is it supposed to be that way?

#20 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 15 April 2006 - 11:36 AM

Be sure to have beta 10b. I've noticed that loading a beta 10b quest into beta 10 ZQuest, it acts like it's loading at first, but produces some odd effects. icon_wink.gif

#21 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 16 April 2006 - 12:25 PM

Oh, thanks. Just, is beta 10b older or newer than beta 10?

#22 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 16 April 2006 - 04:09 PM

Beta 10b is newer than beta 10. Beta 10b is actually the latest ZC version out. icon_wink.gif

#23 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 17 April 2006 - 12:32 PM

Oh, thanks. I'll upgrade then.

#24 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 14 May 2006 - 11:07 AM

Linkthemaster,
You seem to be the freeform expert, will this work?

I have 4 combos (2x2 or 32 pixil by 32 pixil) moving down and want them to then change to new graphics moving east, but no matter how I set these up they get scrambled when changing the graphics.

it's a mine car that follows the track down and then turns to the east.

Linking them together it seems to ignore the "next" combo and loading them as 32x32 does the same thing.

I can get them to turn fine, it's just swapping to the east/west graphics that it won't do right.

I've set here and put over 2 hours into this and tried every combination I can think of, and have a lot of others set up and working in my quest, but not joined together in this way to make a right turn.

Edited by Freedom, 14 May 2006 - 11:09 AM.

#25 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 14 May 2006 - 12:12 PM

That's something I've been testing with either. It doesn't look like it works, unfortunately. icon_sweat.gif

#26 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 14 May 2006 - 12:53 PM

Yea, it sure doesn't want to work for me.
problem is that one combo crosses over one of the attributes twice if it's set up how it should work by theory and that changes it twice, doing it any other way doesn't cause the graphics on 2 of them to change at all.

#27 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 May 2006 - 06:02 PM

Where is the mentioned "preview mode" which with I can see if the moving works properly? It's hard to make FF combos without it. (Yes, I have 2.11b10.)

#28 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 18 May 2006 - 06:15 PM

hit X, then it will show you the list of hotkeys to preview. Hit C to start combo cycling (freeform combos are treated like combo cycling in the program's engine, just a lot easier on your part)

#29 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 14 July 2006 - 05:31 PM

Can someone help me here? I've made freeform combos. So far, everything's going according to plan- except that the moving combo doesn't change to what I want it to. What I want is this:

The freeform combo moves left, hits a FF Attribute Change Freeform Combo, changes its tiles, hits another, then another, and another until it reaches the center of the screen.

What happens is:
The freeform combo moves left, hits the combo, and either changes to the wrong tile or it doesn;'t change at all. It doesn't change when I turn on "Change to this". I thought that's what Change to this did. The first freeform combo is supposed to be 2 tiles high since I couldn't fit the whole thing in just one tile. In fact, everytime it changes, it's supposed to still be 2 tiles high. I'd use combo cycling, but I want to try to use freeform combos first, just to get the hang of it. Should I just make the bottom half a different freeform combo linked to the first? If I do that, and they move down at the same time, won't the second freeform combo hit the FF Attribute Change combo before the first one does? I'm just trying to find a solution...

#30 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:58 PM

How would I go about making it so that when a FCC hits a changer, the first FFC stops moving? or at least to create the illusion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users