Photo

Megaman 11

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 December 2017 - 02:35 PM

This is not a drill. Capcom remembered the Blue Bomber exists and there's a new game coming out! ... first Megaman game without Inafune. This is gonna be a bit strange. I did get an odd vibe from the trailer, like the gameplay wasn't quite the Megaman gameplay we were looking for, and I admit I would've preferred it to be in 8-bit again, but DUDE IT'S MEGAMAN SHOOTING LEMONS AND SHIT AND HE'S BACK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• SpacemanDan, Adem, Eddy and 1 other like this

#2 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 04 December 2017 - 02:44 PM

I get a very weird vibe too. It sort of reminds me of the first New Super Mario Bros on the DS. The movement also looks really slow or sticky...

• Jenny likes this

#3 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:13 PM

It's hard to tell too much, but I think his movement is about the same as in the NES games. Maybe it's just a difference in perception due to the new graphics.
But his walking speed's slightly faster, at least - he wouldn't quite be able to make the jump at 0:36 otherwise.
  • Rambly, The Satellite and strike like this

#4 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:05 PM

Looks suuuuuper cheap and ugly. I hope the visuals get upgraded before release. Looks like they're playing it way too safe - I personally would've preferred a new spin on the IP - but hey, it's more Mega Man for Mega Man fans. Something for them to play on prom night.

• Russ and Jenny like this

#5 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:08 PM

This is not a drill.

This is:
Drillsprite.gif

I'm firmly in the camp of WTF I wanted another "8-bit" game. RIP

Edited by The Satellite, 05 December 2017 - 07:01 PM.

• The Satellite and peteandwally like this

#6 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:17 PM

Something for them to play on prom night.

How dare you attempt to bring that poison into this pure fandom—

*glances at all the people whining about everything*

... carry on.

Also yeah I agree with Saffith, upon closer inspection it does seem the physics line up pretty well with the 8-bit games. 7 worked the same way. It's amazing how adding more frames of animation somehow makes something seem slower when it's not. After a second watch of the trailer, I'm a little more confident than before. I'll admit that weapon they showed off is kind of boring, but I'm just glad Megaman exists again. I'm glad this exists:

DQOiz-sUQAEWSG9.jpg

Also, tangentially related, I'm glad the Legacy Collection games are finally coming to Switch.

#7 Espilan

Espilan

Peahat.

• Members

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:42 PM

Drillsprite.gif

That's three drills. Not a drill.

The graphics aren't anything really mindblowing, but at the same time I don't think the game would really benefit too much from flashier visuals; some cleanup and added detail probably can't hurt, but add in too much in the way of effects and other things and it could start to get distracting. As far as gameplay is concerned, the physics look about right from what I've seen, and jump'n'shootman

jump
n
shoot

• Rambly and The Satellite like this

#8 Tabletpillow

Tabletpillow

Hi

• Members

Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:48 PM

I see pyramids and blocks, castle walls, and an underground section. Wonder what the robot masters will be called.

In all honesty, I only care for the RM and music. And judging from the trailer, the music is looking good.

#9 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:15 AM

This is:
Drillsprite.gif

I agree. This is pretty screwed up...

(Yes he's supposed to be a drill, but I couldn't resist)

Megaman has always worked great in 8-bit and stumbled when it tried to take steps forward. These games thrived off of recycling assets and ideas, basically the series biggest strength is a near flawless formula for reiteration. Megaman 9, if I recall, even reused entire sections of stages wholesale and still got away with it. So I'm really baffled that they're trying a Megaman 8 again. The series' history basically gave them a blank check to be as lazy as possible and somehow they still screwed it up...

#10 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 05 December 2017 - 01:10 AM

Another site that I go to has a similar thread discussing this, and somebody uploaded some scans of an article where they interviewed the guy in charge of this. He said specifically that a big thing with this game is that nobody's done anything with Mega Man since Inufune left, and everybody's a big bundle of nerves because of it. He was allowed to hand-pick staff from the company to work on the game, and a lot of people were too nervous to want to do it, since everybody's going to have really high expectations and they're afraid of it bombing.

Usually in an interview, the developers talk about how great the game's going to be. It was kind of interesting seeing one where the main feeling coming across was "Oh god, what have we gotten into? We're terrified of screwing this up!".

• The Satellite likes this

#11 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 05 December 2017 - 01:13 AM

I honestly find that a bit reassuring because they're treating it reverently, and they know it's a big deal. I hope it's a success even more so now, because I fear a bomb would probably actually kill the franchise; if they were hesitant before because of expectations, a failure would do even worse. So, more power to them, and I'll certainly show my support. Assuming no major bullshit's announced between now and release...

#12 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:41 AM

http://nintendoevery...-robot-masters/

Sonic Man confirmed. (yes I stole this from the comments)

Anyways, four difficulty modes seems... almost excessive. I'd have to hear what "Newcomer" and "Casual" modes entail first, but why not just Easy, Normal, and Hard like in Megaman 10? Not really judging, just find it curious. I'd imagine "Casual" is more like "Easy" while "Newcomer" probably covers up bottomless pits and removes lives.

If this game has lives... With the likes of Mario and even Sonic ditching lives, I wonder if they'd stick around here. Megaman's one of the few series that I'd argue having a lives system works in its benefit. Guess we'll find out soon enough. Right, there's an extra life in the trailer. Mystery solved! And fears alleviated.

#13 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 05 December 2017 - 03:46 AM

New feature for Mega Man 11.

You've been playing for a while, why not take a

25835-a25f6ebc31a9d088bf7b0e8c19a8fa2c.j

• Anthus and peteandwally like this

#14 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:01 AM

It's a 30FPS trailer of a game from a series where more than 90% of the games run at 60FPS... GJ Capcom. The graphics they went with and the animations are also god awful. If they went with 2D sprites the animation style might be alright, but with the (now) cheap ReBoot style 3D graphics just no.

And once again, the 3D graphics makes it difficult to discern collision boxes for everything.

Megaman X8 has vastly better graphics, animations and fairly clear collision boxes.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 05 December 2017 - 04:09 AM.

#15 Espilan

Espilan

Peahat.

• Members

Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:12 PM

Look, can we just be f▒▒▒ing happy that they're even trying at this point?

• Rambly and The Satellite like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users