Who here is rich? Share your story

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#1 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 29 July 2021 - 08:09 PM

"Its not your fault if you are born poor but it is your fault if you die poor" - Bill Gates

Who here has made it rich in life and will share their story?  Who has caught the affluenza bug?  Some of its symptoms:

1.  Work is optional. 

Work is for the poor.  You own lots of assets which pay you a ton of passive income - more than any salary can.  If you work, its on your terms and purely optional.

2.  You can hire someone to be your personal servant. 

If your friends or family are in financial trouble, you come to their aid by hiring them full-time to be your personal chef, your personal cleaner, your personal chauffeur and your personal game designer.  They take orders from you and listen only to you and your tastes.

3.  You appreciate art and why its so expensive. 

You can understand why art by some of the best artists costs $200M.  You understand that computer games are an art and why they are so expensive to make.  What's more, you can afford to buy art.

4.  You worry about dying rich. 

The most horrible thought is that you should suddenly die and have tons of money unspent.

5.  You don't even look at the price of common things.

You buy what you like and you are unconcerned with price.

• Twilight Knight, Jenny, Moosh and 2 others like this

#2 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Vanice in DFS' heart

• Members

Posted 29 July 2021 - 08:28 PM

One of sure things, From Software developed so hard Sekiro to earn money.

Edited by DarkFlameSheep, 29 July 2021 - 08:47 PM.

#3 TheManHimself

TheManHimself

Real Human Bean

• Members

Posted 29 July 2021 - 08:48 PM

I've struggled my whole life with being more rich and beautiful than all of the people around me. Recently, I've come into a large amount of money from people investing in *Them Bones* . As an artist this rush of money is incredibly validating (even though I don't even need it: see sentence 1), and I am only capable of creating art if sweet sweet green is being thrown at me. My dream as an artist (and itinerant quest-maker) is to be able to hire people to make my vision a reality, and as such, I'm taking applications for quest subcontractors!

James, I've long admired your complete commitment to capitalism, and I contemplate your rules for quest-making on a daily basis: would you consider investing in my project? I'm sick of being an artist. Make me a middle manager, BB

"it's not your fault you aren't born with a multi-billion dollar tax-avoidance scheme via charity, but it's your fault if you die without making one" - Kurt Cobain

Edited by TheManHimself, 29 July 2021 - 08:52 PM.

• Rambly, Anthus, SkyLizardGirl and 1 other like this

#4 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 29 July 2021 - 08:54 PM

If your friends or family are in financial trouble, you come to their aid by hiring them full-time to be your personal chef, your personal cleaner, your personal chauffeur and your personal game designer.  They take orders from you and listen only to you and your tastes.

wait, so is this whole schtick just a findom roleplay fantasy?

• Anthus, Mitsukara, Mani Kanina and 1 other like this

#5 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Vanice in DFS' heart

• Members

Posted 29 July 2021 - 08:54 PM

James, I've long admired your complete commitment to capitalism...

Doesn't he want to say most ZC quest creators make Type A quests to earn money? 

Edited by DarkFlameSheep, 29 July 2021 - 08:56 PM.

• Twilight Knight likes this

#6 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 29 July 2021 - 08:56 PM

I actually fit all of those things. I have a large crypto portfolio, and I have the ability to pay for people to do things for me. I have a high appreciation for art, and have analyzed many pieces in my academic career. I also don't know what I would do with my assets and money if I were to croak one day (probably raffle it off!). I don't even check my card when I'm out and about and dining, like at my favorite ice cream place.

• Anthus, Jenny, peteandwally and 2 others like this

#7 TheManHimself

TheManHimself

Real Human Bean

• Members

Posted 29 July 2021 - 08:58 PM

I actually fit all of those things. I have a large crypto portfolio, and I have the ability to pay for people to do things for me. I have a high appreciation for art, and have analyzed many pieces in my academic career. I also don't know what I would do with my assets and money if I were to croak one day (probably raffle it off!). I don't even check my card when I'm out and about and dining, like at my favorite ice cream place.

Hi, can you put me in your will?

• coolgamer012345 likes this

#8 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 29 July 2021 - 08:59 PM

Hi, can you put me in your will?

I will put your name down in the raffle pool.

• Rambly likes this

#9 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 29 July 2021 - 09:03 PM

I will put your name down in the raffle pool.

Make that two Shanes.

• Mitsukara, coolgamer012345 and TheManHimself like this

#10 TheManHimself

TheManHimself

Real Human Bean

• Members

Posted 29 July 2021 - 09:04 PM

4.  You worry about dying rich.

The most horrible thought is that you should suddenly die and have tons of money unspent.

Imagine not being rich enough to hire a wealth management consultant to maintain as much of your wealth outside of the grubby hands of the government when you croak. Plebian.

Being rich and beautiful, I too enjoy alienating my friends and family as much as humanly possible by treating them to a life of indentured servitude.

5.  You don't even look at the price of common things.

You buy what you like and you are unconcerned with price.

I don't even know what this feels like because i have my former-uncle-turned-servant handle it for me.

Edited by TheManHimself, 29 July 2021 - 09:09 PM.

• coolgamer012345 and SkyLizardGirl like this

#11 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 29 July 2021 - 09:09 PM

Liberation of Hyrule isn't good
  • Rambly and TheManHimself like this

#12 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 29 July 2021 - 09:11 PM

I may not be a rich man, but every time a new James thread pops up, I come into a veritable fortune of keks. Your mind is a treasure, James. Never stop the hustle.

• DarkFlameSheep, Anthus, Twilight Knight and 4 others like this

#13 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 29 July 2021 - 09:12 PM

350.png
This is now a Misedor thread and it's so rich that I got wealthy just looking at it.

• Moosh and SkyLizardGirl like this

#14 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 29 July 2021 - 09:15 PM

https://static.wikia...path-prefix=en[
This is now a Misedor thread and it's so rich that I got wealthy just looking at it.

Your broken hyperlinks are nothing before the power of money!

Misedor-Disgaea-6.jpg?lossy=0&strip=0&we

• Russ, Evan20000, SkyLizardGirl and 1 other like this

#15 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 29 July 2021 - 09:18 PM

I'm rich enough that I can afford all "LEAVE YOUR LIFE OR MONEY" rooms I come across. But I opt to leave the life anyways. Because sometimes I feel like I'm meant to B this kind of person.

• Hergiswi, DarkFlameSheep, Anthus and 8 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users