Photo

Screenshot of the Week 322

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

Poll: ! (46 member(s) have cast votes)

!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:41 PM

Dawnlight:

Uhhh, those are Deku Scrubs, not octoroks. icon_wink.gif I know, they're functionally the same, but if you're going to use the graphics you might as well call them what they are drawn as.

Anyway, nice screen. Especially the forest canopy shadows. You did a good job at making it easy enough to see while still looking like an actual forest. I think you even did it better than I do, and I'm pretty happy with my canopy shadows. Great subscreen, too. I noticed you put the bomb ammo in the item frame; I like it when people go to the trouble to do that.

William:

I like Gameboy winter tiles, and you did a pretty good job on this screen. However, there's not much going on here, and it's a town shot, so it's hard to use my imagination to think of anything you'd do besides walking around. The water-freezing puzzle sounds good, but I don't know what the screen was like before.

And no subscreen, so no extra points there.

Yoshidude:

Hmm. The same as William except minus the water-freezing puzzle and the winter tiles. It's nice and colorful, but again, it's another town shot with houses, a path, and NPCs that may or may not talk. It has a decent Gameboy-style subscreen, although it looks like it's pretty close to the default.

Okay, so I decided to vote for Dawnlight because it's a great screen that all comes together, with a nicely-designed subscreen and all. The only action is a few Deku-octos, but I can imagine playing it and being interested. icon_smile.gif

#17 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 04 June 2011 - 04:34 PM

I just noticed that when EZ posted this thread. icon_lol.gif Can somebody change that to "deku scrubs?"

#18 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:02 PM

Dawnlight (7/10)- Screen is too dark IMO. Lots of empty space, and its difficult to see whats going on around the player. Well built and functional, but not what I personally would like to see in a quest. Looks almost like you double layered the shadows.

William (8/10)- This screen is also relatively spacious and empty. I'd recommend changing that strip of land into a bridge. The pallette blends too well, making it seem almost boring. Yes, white is a vibrant color, but something other than white, brown, and blue would look wonderful on this screen. Overall, the concept of the river freezing over and thawing due to ingame events is great, but the colors really need a tune-up in the winter before you get my vote. Keep it up though, I like the creativity.

Yoshidude (10/10)- This. This is a wonderful screen. Brilliant palette, amazing structure, perfect level of detail. Not much to be asked of this screen, especially since it makes me remember OoA and OoS so well. This seriously looks like a screen from those games. You have my vote here. Keep this up and you'll have a very asthetically pleasing quest.

[/professional reviews]

#19 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:00 PM

How on earth are you considered a "professional reviewer?"

#20 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:08 PM

Dawnlight, there's no need to be so rude to everyone all the time >.>
js

He's probably just joking anyway.

#21 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:27 PM

I'm not trying to be rude. If I was, I apologize. I just think he's taking it a bit too far calling his reviews "professional." It's no big deal though. I'm not complaining about his review about my shot at all. I actually agree with a few of his points.

#22 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE(Dawnlight @ Jun 4 2011, 09:27 PM) View Post

I'm not trying to be rude. If I was, I apologize. I just think he's taking it a bit too far calling his reviews "professional." It's no big deal though. I'm not complaining about his review about my shot at all. I actually agree with a few of his points.

Protip: Usually when someone uses the BBCode format ([/stuff]), that indicates that they are joking or being sarcastic.
[/protip]

#23 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:47 PM

Dawnlight: THE FREAKING COLORS icon_awesome.gif! *votes*
William: Looks good, but not much action; where are the enemies?
Yoshidude: Only 1 person on that screen, excluding Link? But reminds me of Oracle of Seasons.

On a side note, it seems both William and Yoshidude used the same house tiles 8D.

#24 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Jun 4 2011, 10:42 PM) View Post

Protip: Usually when someone uses the BBCode format ([/stuff]), that indicates that they are joking or being sarcastic.
[/protip]

Wow, I didn't know that. My bad :facepalm:

#25 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE(Koh @ Jun 4 2011, 11:47 PM) View Post

Yoshidude: Only 1 person on that screen, excluding Link? But reminds me of Oracle of Seasons.
Look again icon_wink.gif

#26 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:11 PM

So, I take it this contest is over?
So we start SotM and the new SotW? icon_razz.gif

#27 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:30 PM

Dawnlight - 27 votes = [60.00%]
William - 12 votes = [26.67%]
Yoshidude - 6 votes = [13.33%]
Total Votes: 45

Dawnlight
IPB Image
Link better be hungry for some Octoroks Deku Scrubs!

Congrats Danwlight!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users