Photo

Screenshot of the Week 128

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 128 (50 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 128

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Fire Wizzrobe

Fire Wizzrobe

Master

• Members

Posted 26 June 2006 - 09:43 AM

Cast Chaos-As System Error said, the walls look like they're floating.

Me-I could add some shadows to the trees and make them more subtile.. Please note that the flower is custom.

Mighty Darknut-Love the water

Revfan-Hmmm... Interesting enviroment, but it's kinda boring. Not like mine isn't. icon_razz.gif

Skipper-Exellent rips. Gets my vote.

#17 Cmb_maniac

Cmb_maniac

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 26 June 2006 - 09:51 AM

Sigh, I voted null. But if I hadn't, my vote would have gone to either Fire Wizzrobe or Skipper. Well, I suppose voting null was for the best, because I'm torn between which one is better! I hope you continue your quest Skipper!

#18 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 26 June 2006 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE(Johan @ Jun 26 2006, 04:51 AM)
skipper's screen is so gorgous!! I voted it. I can't understand why Fire Wizzrobe is winning. His screen is boring as hell and the trees look like they're floating. icon_shrug.gif

View Post

if his trees are floating, there will be shadows about two tiles underneath them
I voted Fire Wizzrobe, SD3 graphics are awsome!

for mighty darknut, I suggest taking on the walls by making it lighter, and making some light things in the screen darker. also, the sand... cuold you use wavy sands like in DOR set?

skipper... eh... I would like to see an in play shot... oh well..
revfan9 is kinda like an average screen for a normal quest. I'm kinda little bit off for PTUX tiles... ehmm...
and

castchaos... link is miscolored (do not activate invinsability while taking a screenshot!!!!) and make the cave darker, AKA, USE THE CAVE PALLETES!
also... work on those vines... they don't look like they are in the right position....

#19 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 26 June 2006 - 02:40 PM

...Null'd. Nothing here really applies to my liking. However--

Fire Wizzrobe--I like where you're going with this. However the palette from SD3 doesn't match with the ground tiles of DoR, for that DoR has a "bright" muted palette, while the SD3 palette has a colorful, evening-like effect. I recommend giving the grass in the DoR palette a yellower look along with the sand/cliffs more of a reddish color.

#20 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 26 June 2006 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE(XdragonSB @ Jun 26 2006, 03:28 PM)
for mighty darknut, I suggest taking on the walls by making it lighter, and making some light things in the screen darker. also, the sand... cuold you use wavy sands like in DOR set?

View Post

I personally think that sand is ugly. On top of that, it looks like it was meant to be used as desert sand, although everyone uses it for beaches icon_shrug.gif . It certainly wouldn't look right underwater, as the dunes appear to be shaped by the wind. Underwater sand dunes would be more rounded due to water pressure (or maybe they just wouldn't exist).

#21 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 26 June 2006 - 03:16 PM

I agree with MD. BTW, who the heck did I get a vote from?

#22 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 26 June 2006 - 05:46 PM

Null. All great shots, nothing that I like inparticular.

#23 Skipper

Skipper

Magus

• Members

Posted 27 June 2006 - 12:30 PM

Well. I really like the screenshot today. All of them looks like it had a bunch of detail put into it.

Also, about my screenshot...

CastChaos (Or Revfan... don't know which) suggested me submitting it into SotW a while ago, even though it wasn't an in-game shot.
Also, the reason it isn't in-game is because I haven't had ANY time to work on my quest. (Since I'm grounded...)

Anyway, my vote goes to Fire Wizzrobe. The SD3 trees look gorgeous. Good job. icon_wink.gif

#24 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 June 2006 - 01:39 PM

CastChaos: Overall the shot seems kind of awkward to me, as if it is inconsistent in some way, although it was probably a good effort. I think Radien cleared up any uncertainty that I felt about it.

Fire Wizzrobe: I love both the look and the placement of those trees. The flowers are also a nice touch. The rest of it is okay.

Mighty Darknut: I really like the concept of what you have there. Somehow I see wet sand as being darker, and to balance that change, the floor tiles could be made lighter I suppose. Keep up the good progress on those Metroid screens.

Revfan9: I like block puzzle like this very much. I am not sure whether a doorway will open or a stairway going down, but sometimes such uncertainties are not a bad thing. The placement of the trees don't sit too well with me, but overall good job.

skipper: Nice looking building you have there, especially with the walls and the roof. I have a soft side for ruins, and this one certainly catches my eye. My vote goes here. I absolutely love the detail.

#25 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 01 July 2006 - 11:57 AM

Fire Wizzrobe wins this round. congrats

I'm still suprised at how many entried I recieved for this... anywho. SotW 129, and SotM 32 will both start tomorrow. I believe I only have two entries for 129, so start submitting!

#26 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 03 July 2006 - 10:32 AM

Fire Wizzrobe: Those trees are just amazing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users