Photo

Screenshot of the Week 495

NewJourneysFire joelmacool12 kurt91 DragonDePlatino

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 495 (75 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:38 PM

joelmacool12

joelmacool12.png

The True Meaning of Christmas!

kurt91

kurt91.png

DragonDePlatino

DragonDePlatino.png

Deja vu! There's a whole dungeon under this tree!

NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire.png

So the chosen hero was just a child?! (Just an image I threw together)

• Jared and Joelmacool like this

#2 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:42 PM

Tough choice between NJF and DDP. I like them both equally, but I have to vote for DDP. Keep in mind, I'm not particularly a big fan of Koten, and this is perhaps the best screen I've ever actually seen made in Koten.

Kurt's is pretty solid, but the sky looks a bit off.

Joel's is simply DayDay HD hype.

Edited by Nexas, 15 February 2015 - 08:03 PM.

• LinkFan212 likes this

#3 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:12 PM

DDP. I love your screen. TRIFORCE could use screens like these.

I nulled because I'm in the contest. :P

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 15 February 2015 - 08:14 PM.

#4 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:22 PM

Amazing job NJF! Props to the rest who entered as well. NJF gets my vote, dragon a close second.

#5 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:27 AM

Time for yet another set of reviews!

joelmacool12 - DayDay HD. Yes please.

kurt91 - Pretty all-around solid screen. There isn't too much to say however, but like what Nexas said, the sky does seem a bit off. Good effort anyways.

DragonDePlatino - Really neat looking sideview screen in Koten. I gotta say, I really like what you got going on here, great stuff!

NewJourneysFire - Voted here. For some reason, this gives me a lot of OoT vibes (mostly because of what's on the floor) and the design is really spectacular. Amazing job.

#6 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:31 AM

I'm not going to argue your points at all, the other entries all look better than mine, in my opinion. I just wanted to point out that apparently there are no sky graphics in Firebird, so I had to try and fake it with water graphics. (Not complaining about the contest, just wanted to mention it since it keeps getting brought up.)

#7 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:23 AM

Anyone like my DayDay HD teaser Image?

Also good luck.

#8 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:14 AM

NewJourneysFire SO gets my vote.

#9 xanadude

xanadude

heh

• Members

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:28 PM

Alright, at it again.

joelmacool12: wut m8? I think I see DayDay HD, but I never liked DayDay. I like more substantial quests, and DayDay just isn't for me.

kurt91: Nice screen, except for that sky. It does not go with the mountain at all. Still nice though.

DragonDePlatino: I am never really into sideview screens, but this onewas executed perfectly. Prime example of what a sideview screen should be.

NewJourneysFire: Such a fantastic screen. There is so much detail, and the lighting is so fitting and executed wonderfully. My vote definitely goes here. A great example of a DoR screen. Especially love the NPCs and the Master Sword/Temple of Time details.

#10 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:51 PM

joelmacool12  -    

You are going to need a lock smith on your quest Lol or some kind of gimmick that involves keys i guess.*

It's ok looking.'

kurt91 -

Super Mario 3 - the thing'  World 8 Dark Land Style at least, is all i can really say for this.

More bones,  i know people love Wide open spaces, Purple/pink sky with stars in the backdrop.

But when you 'enclose areas*  and create more of a maze like puzzle setting it gets the players brains working alot better in any given game.

I played a few open spaced demo games here and so far i was going Zzz's till i actually saw some major complication. <3

DragonDePlatino   

Excellent setting and the underground is blue crystalitz and beautiful. Kinda Metroid/kid icarus Nes style combined looking with the colors in a way, which is like candy as you know 'to the eyes of a girl.'

NewJourneysFire

I have had my massive share of playing lots of the n64 Zelda. So are you 'remaking Zelda 64' with the top-down view?

All the exclamation bubbles from the old men look as if the player are able to click the A- button and talk too these old men like NPC's.

Anyways, .. Of course a child/always a child & 'never an old man.' !0~0!

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 19 February 2015 - 12:29 AM.

• DragonDePlatino likes this

#11 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:24 AM

NewJourneysFire
I have had my massive share of playing lots of the n64 Zelda. So are you 'remaking Zelda 64' with the top-down view?
All the exclamation bubbles from the old men look as if the player are able to click the A- button and talk too these old men like NPC's.
Anyways, .. Of course a child/always a child & 'never an old man.' !0~0!

Ocarina of Time remake in top-down perspective? I'd have to say no. That has never worked well in not only Zelda Classic, but anywhere if I recall correctly. Also, OOT would flat out suck in that perspective.
  • Demonlink likes this

#12 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:31 AM

Ocarina of Time remake in top-down perspective? I'd have to say no. That has never worked well in not only Zelda Classic, but anywhere if I recall correctly. Also, OOT would flat out suck in that perspective.

But you got  ~Firebird to do it with.

Why not?..*

It would not be even half- bad,  if done right from the Nintendo power / N64 guidebook maps i still have

in my shelf book room cabinets and all the gaming area manual designs if' ~ what not.* //  

image.jpg 

^this book's 'overhead perspective maps' are simply mind-blowing to gaze upon.*  

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 19 February 2015 - 12:59 AM.

#13 DragonDePlatino

DragonDePlatino

Pixel Dragon

• Members

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:35 AM

I wouldn't be too eager to say that, man! I've seen people do some pretty faithful conversions of Ocarina of Time into 2D. And with ye olde LttP graphics, at that! Sure, nobody has or ever will recreate the entire game, but a lot of the existing maps look pretty nice.

Edited by DragonDePlatino, 19 February 2015 - 12:39 AM.

#14 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:52 PM

But you got  ~Firebird to do it with.

Why not?..*

That's not Firebird. That's Dance of Remembrance Hybrid. :P

But it would probably be better to demake OoT in something simple like Firebird. Though I wouldn't even bother considering it as it's better to just make something original and more possible.

• Demonlink likes this

#15 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 19 February 2015 - 11:52 PM

That's not Firebird. That's Dance of Remembrance Hybrid. :P

But it would probably be better to demake OoT in something simple like Firebird. Though I wouldn't even bother considering it as it's better to just make something original and more possible.

You gots all sorts of Hybrid Tilesets ~ is what i mean to remake ocarina with.*

You gots Jamian 

The Forbidden City - creator's concept look: for how to use the Ocarina.

q537s1.jpg

Anyways, i votes, *   DragonDePlatino:

until an ocarina.qst is finally made here.

(Dangerous to tempt me with screenshots that look like Ocarina of time.)

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 20 February 2015 - 12:01 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NewJourneysFire, joelmacool12, kurt91, DragonDePlatino

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users