Photo

Screenshot of the Week 49

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Which screen? (40 member(s) have cast votes)

Which screen?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 25 February 2004 - 01:01 PM

Sorry for the delay. And now on with the show.

And the nominees are...

Arathorn21st
user posted image
CURSE YOU, ELUSIVE TEKTITE!!

codelinker8705
user posted image

Ian
user posted image
A taste of what the MM:DWR tileset can do.

jman2050
user posted image

Teilyr
user posted image
Tristan stands outside of his house for no apparant reason...

#2 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 25 February 2004 - 01:24 PM

Arathorn21st
Instead of saying "boring, I've seen this before" I have to say the layout is really good and the screenshot is so interesting that it actually makes me want to play the quest. icon_smile.gif

codelinker8705
This shot isn't even decent. There's nothing going on and the screen is dull. Use more tiles and more interesting looking tiles.

Ian
Ian knows how to surprise me positively icon_smile.gif . This is just how I want the MM:DWR tileset to be used. There's some action going on, the new enemies look cool, the layout is great and the screenshot as a whole looks pretty. But one flaw is that the lights on the floor are all blue... :\

jman2050
The screen is full of ugly and old tiles. But at least the flower tiles are something you don't see everyday... and the layout is ok I guess. I'd say this is an ok screen. But newer and better looking tiles would make things a lot better. I've seen much better shots from jman (like the plant boss... oh it was so cool icon_rolleyes.gif )

Teilyr
This is the best one of all of those Zelda shots. It uses new and quite good looking tiles and the screen layout is interesting. And there's even nice little details like the butterflies. This shot is above average. Good!

#3 System Error

System Error

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 25 February 2004 - 01:48 PM

Arathorn21st - Decent layout, but nothing special in terms of graphics.

codelinker8705 - Not bad, not good. On the bright side, it seems to be original.

Ian - Okay, but a lot of elements like no map title make this shot ugly.

jman2050 - Edits of old tiles.

Teilyr - Holy ****, that map boarder is AMAZING! I've never seen such insanity with tiles. EVER.

#4 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 25 February 2004 - 02:10 PM

I voted for CodeLinker's. Why? Other than the Link he used, it seems quite similar to LttP...

#5 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 25 February 2004 - 02:18 PM

Actually, I like almost all of them this week.

Arathorn: This shot looks very nice. I mean, you've got all the details necessary. This would definitely win my vote, were there not so many other great choices out there. Keep up the good work. Definitely. icon_thumbsup.gif

CodeLinker8705: The shot looks quite reminiscent of Hyrule Castle from Z3. .. Good. icon_wink.gif I like the map border too.

Ian: This shot is a great shot indeed. Very impressive. ... Too bad Petoe's have spoiled me from overuse. icon_shrug.gif I would have clicked that one so fast...

Jman: I don't like the floor. It could be much better. I say "It could" be better, because you've got a phenominal eye for these things. Those trees are amazing, because of the extra detail. The "bricked flowers," due to a lack of other explanation for them, look great, as doodads. Shade them a bit more. But do something with the floor.

Teilyr: The layout.. the graphics.. the BORDERS!... *CLICKS TEH CIRCLY THING*

#6 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 25 February 2004 - 02:57 PM

Arathorn: nice, but I think it's just a little too bland, comapred to the rest of the submissions

CodeLinker8705: like BH4 said, very Z3 like, but it's too dark

Ian: ...down with the MM:DWR shots...

Jman: The things that got me are the nest things in the trees. it took me a while to realize what they were...

Teilyr: it's definalty better than the second one you showed us in the chat. I love the waterfall idea icon_heh.gif. other than the ML house and the stones outside, it gets at 9 out of 10 < Vote

#7 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 25 February 2004 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE(link3505 @ Feb 25 2004, 02:57 PM)
Teilyr: it's definalty better than the second one you showed us in the chat. I love the waterfall idea icon_heh.gif. other than the ML house and the stones outside, it gets at 9 out of 10 < Vote

That's an ML house? icon_blink.gif Wow.. I had no idea.

I got it from Freedom's Freeswan tileset.

Anyway, what do you mean by "other than the ML house and the stones outside" icon_confused2.gif Are those not good, or something?

#8 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 25 February 2004 - 04:08 PM

def def definately Teilyr

#9 Arathorn21st

Arathorn21st

Junior

• Members

Posted 25 February 2004 - 04:23 PM

*null votes*
*sees a (1) next to my name*
icon_w00t.gif
Hurrah! My screen is liked! Even by Petoe! I love exclamatory sentences!
Anyway...

Me: Well, someone liked it...Note the custom floor tiles.
Codelinker: Symmetry is okay in a dungeon (once in a while,) but this is too much symmetry and not enough action. Okay for a normal dungeon screen (half of my dungeon rooms look like this icon_sweat.gif ) but not for SSOTW.
Ian: I know this is the "power plant" part of the tileset, but it still looks too much like the one in MM:DWR. :\
jman: There's at least 30 of the same tile connected together in one screen. Yawn.
Tei: Excellent shot. Something irks me about the water trees, though...it sort of looks like they're floating.
Good job all! icon_thumbsup.gif

#10 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 25 February 2004 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE(Arathorn21st @ Feb 25 2004, 04:23 PM)
Tei:  Excellent shot. Something irks me about the water trees, though...it sort of looks like they're floating.

Thanks. icon_smile.gif

As for the trees, trust me.. they more realistic in realtime.

#11 jman2050

jman2050

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 25 February 2004 - 04:48 PM

Null vote as usual

*Makes a note that his theory was correct... what, I'm not going to tell you what it was icon_razz.gif*

Tei's is easily the best shot of the group, and he certainly deserves those 9 votes he got at the time of his writing. And what do you know, I actually got a vote icon_razz.gif

EDIT - You all are going to love my next screen. It's the most effort I've put into a single scene since the Venus Plant. Yeah, I've been slacking off lately. But whatever, I could care less about graphics anyway.

Edited by jman2050, 25 February 2004 - 04:51 PM.

#12 Jaivaz

Jaivaz

God of Death

• Banned

Posted 25 February 2004 - 04:57 PM

well thats what happens when Teilyr gets bored...all of the shots are good but Tei's is just..wow. I hope you don't scrap this quest cause it looks very, very good.

Edited by Jaivaz867, 25 February 2004 - 04:58 PM.

#13 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 25 February 2004 - 05:55 PM

Arathorn: Nice. A very well formed dungeon screen. I'm not crazy about that palette, though. Keep up the good work. icon_smile.gif

codelinker: Eh. Good colors on the screen but, it's pretty empty. Put some jars, some wall torches, and other stuff to fill it up. Also, your borders are HELLISH. White backgrounds are never a good idea. Other than that, decent screen.

Ian: Looks good, dude. A little too much like Petoe's, though. Can't think of anything I'd change.

jman: Sweet flower boxes. Nice apple trees too. I'd complain about the graphics but, as you said, that doesn't matter to you.

Teilyr: TEH SUXOR!!!111ELEVENONE

My advice to you guys is this.. For the most part, SOTW is based on appearance (graphics) over functionality. Try to keep that in mind when entering. icon_smile.gif

#14 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 25 February 2004 - 06:07 PM

Arathorn: Nice laybeout.
codelinker8705: Fairly boring screen shot.
Ian: Heh, the first SS featureing MM:DWR other than Petoe. I would vote, but, there's nothing really great in this pic.
jman2050: There's nothing great in this pic either.
Teilyr: Nice mix of tiles. **votes for**

#15 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 February 2004 - 06:07 PM

Tei's is the best, hands down. That shot looks freakin' nice. My next vote will go to Ian. Petoe's MMDWR set was used pretty well for that screen icon_smile.gif.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users