Photo

Screenshot of the Week 59

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Which pic? (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Which pic?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 06 July 2004 - 08:59 PM

Finally, someone puts my own thoughts into words that make sense. Thanks Nick. It's quite true.

#32 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 06 July 2004 - 09:23 PM

Nick, most people grade that way, because it is the easiest method. icon_shrug.gif Why would people waste time trying to decide which screen has the best layout, when they can just find kick ass tiles and just vote for it? icon_eyebrow.gif Yes, it's not right, but it's certainly not something that will change, unless a rule is started. And, I doubt that will happen. People are lazy, and will go by the easiest means to get something done. It's a fact of life, you're going to have to deal with it. :\

#33 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 06 July 2004 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE(LinktheMaster @ Jul 6 2004, 10:23 PM)
Nick, most people grade that way, because it is the easiest method. icon_shrug.gif Why would people waste time trying to decide which screen has the best layout, when they can just find kick ass tiles and just vote for it? icon_eyebrow.gif Yes, it's not right, but it's certainly not something that will change, unless a rule is started. And, I doubt that will happen. People are lazy, and will go by the easiest means to get something done. It's a fact of life, you're going to have to deal with it. :\

What I am talking about... is that if you have no critism for a shot, then don't say anything about them.

It's easier to not say anything than it is to say they suck.

#34 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 06 July 2004 - 10:52 PM

Nick,
You're the man.

There are many here that don't realize that opinions are like . (fill in your own expletive) and that one mans (or womans) opinion is no more valuable then the next when looking at artwork such as screenshots,
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, there is art out there that sells for millions that I wouldn't let you hang in my bathroom.

But what's most troubling here is reading over this thread at the arguements and insults over other members work, which convinces me that I've been right all along in refusing to ever submit any shots from any of my games.

Nick is right, why should a person put hours into a screen only to have some ..... (fill in your own expletive) say it sucks.

#35 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 07 July 2004 - 09:01 AM

PureZC's SOTW is quite discouraging, or not helpful at all (by this I mean that with comments like "That sucks!" or "Looks nice" how are people supposed to improve their work?) So I don't blame people who don't want to enter.

I know the idea of SOTW is simple: pick the best looking shot, and that means there has to be a poll, but if there wasn't a poll, well... No more whining that some people are winning all the time or someone got no wotes at all. But I guess this wouldn't be SOTW anymore...

PureZC staff is doing a great job running SOTW and keeping it alive, but the members of PureZC could do much more to make SOTW a better place to send one's screenshots.

And this is to all people with unsuccesful SOTW entries: PureZC does not represent all of the ZC people (though PureZC has become quite popular). If PureZC members don't like your work, there's no need to get depressed or stop working on ZC, because there will surely be people outside of PureZC who would like your work. And another thing is that it depends on who you are when you enter to SOTW. I have seen many votes given based on its creator, not on how the shot looks like. So if you're not very popular here, don't be surprised if some loved and known takes all the votes and you get none.
So in my opinion this means that you can relax! icon_smile.gif There's no need to take SOTW too seriously. You'll remain much happier if you submit to SOTW just to show off your work, not to win the whole thing. icon_wink.gif

#36 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 08 July 2004 - 11:07 AM

Yeah, I mean, in terms of layout, had I the ability to vote, I probably would have voted for mjctraider, most definitely. I was really, really impressed by the layout of his shot. But everyone sees graphics, their eyes bulge, and their cursor merely follows. :\ That's just the way it works.

Don't worry, the current SSOTW projects are under analysis for efficiency.

#37 plith

plith

I've been thinking.

• Members

Posted 08 July 2004 - 12:07 PM

To be honest, I'm not so impressed by mjc's layout, nor by his graphics. A lot of it seems rather haphazard. Most of the other screens are rather straightforward. Perhaps this is because of a simple focus on the tiles, or perhaps it is due to the nature of the screens being presented, but PolygonX8's seems to be the most interesting of them all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users