• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:25 PM

AwRNGYR.png?1

I made this today. Any critiques? I don't know, I just wanted to show it off..

• thepsynergist, Daniel, Eddy and 3 others like this

#2 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:20 PM

It's so awesomes.* I used to work with rpg maker alots back when. I hopes this is the rpg 2003 maker
One of the best for importing graphics tilesets and battlers and backdrops added all to the codes of scripting there.

Rpg 2000 is compatible with 2003 via the ways, Zelda II is awesome.* <3

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 01 May 2015 - 11:25 PM.

• Matthew likes this

#3 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:21 PM

Looks good.  RPG Maker maps, nay, maps in general are hard for me do to.  That's what the main reason behind most of my games falling through.  I'm decent at story and making music, but for the life of me, I'm terrible at making a world.

@Sky  Looks like RPG Maker XP, to me.

Edited by thepsynergist, 01 May 2015 - 11:21 PM.

• Matthew likes this

#4 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:24 PM

It's damn near perfect, I only know how to plan, manage, and implement designs. otherwords, stories and programming and what needs to be done. I suck at graphic design and not that great at making original music. Everybody's got their own talents, and that's what makes a society.

Maybe one day you might be able to make a world you imagine in a game

Edit: The only thing I don't like about RPG Maker is that it uses Ruby, it is such a pain to work with. Scripting in general is a pain, programming takes more work but is more logical (Starts out as abstract ideas, and are further evolved). Scripting takes less work but usually doesn't work as intended (there is no evolution). I'm rambling on like an old lol.

Edited by SyrianBallaS, 01 May 2015 - 11:31 PM.

• Matthew likes this

#5 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:30 PM

XP 2003 2000 VX 95 - they are all unique/the same each with extra added features each a time-around all follow the same rules of structuring.

I love how the mountains/water/objects spread out as far as you're drawing them in this program also.

Just repeating the same tiles one single square mass tiles.

There has just got to be a way to make the tile editor do that in Zelda Classic, it would help people so much one day if someone could update the zelda world maker.

This kinda stuff is my world.    (Now make Zelda 2 with that map you haves there please.*)

This below is the powerhouse example of 2003 alone:

basuphana_1___worldmap_1_of_15___planet_

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 10 May 2015 - 03:16 AM.

• Avaro, SyrianBallaS and Matthew like this

#6 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:35 PM

I tried using RPG Maker 2003 a long time ago, was just messing around with it as a kid. I don't think it would be too difficult to program, just remove all screens and make them one huge screen (map) and the tile editor places stuff in it.

One of my biggest qualms with ZQ is that you can't draw tiles in the editor, you have to use a 3rd party. The 80s are long gone.

If somebody isn't plagarising, it's possible to make money off of RPG Maker Games.

Edited by SyrianBallaS, 01 May 2015 - 11:37 PM.

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#7 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:40 PM

I tried using RPG Maker 2003 a long time ago, was just messing around with it as a kid. I don't think it would be too difficult to program, just remove all screens and make them one huge screen (map) and the tile editor places stuff in it.

One of my biggest qualms with ZQ is that you can't draw tiles in the editor, you have to use a 3rd party. The 80s are long gone.

If somebody isn't plagarising, it's possible to make money off of RPG Maker Games.

Now imagine somehow Emulating Zelda classic right Through an RPG maker interface - as with all the various options built into one with it. The character facing and abilities to actually make fully 100% functional rpg events  within the Zelda engine + the option to use old NES or Snes Screen scrolling while moving a character around.

'You would have one heck of a Zelda game making weapon at your fingertips.'

Moving backdrops/possible battlers/side-scrolling - Automatic weather already built in, Mode 7,

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 01 May 2015 - 11:43 PM.

• SyrianBallaS likes this

#8 FireSeraphim

FireSeraphim

Behold the might of legend!

• Members

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:26 AM

I would critique it if I could see the pixels more clearly, the map is too blurry.

#9 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:39 AM

Uh.. yeah you can 0_o.. Open the tile page, double click on a tile or press 'e'. I know you can do so in ZC 2.10, I am pretty sure it works in 1.9 and whatnot too.

On topic however, the map looks nice. From what I can tell, it looks like there are some better borders for the overworld tiles (Forest..(s?), Mountains, Grass, etc), and the colors of the tiles seem much easier on the eyes. I also have a feeling there are more colors in a couple of tiles (I have a feeling the borders have more colors in them, and possibly the water)

• Shane likes this

#10 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:54 AM

Uh.. yeah you can 0_o.. Open the tile page, double click on a tile or press 'e'. I know you can do so in ZC 2.10, I am pretty sure it works in 1.9 and whatnot too.

On topic however, the map looks nice. From what I can tell, it looks like there are some better borders for the overworld tiles (Forest..(s?), Mountains, Grass, etc), and the colors of the tiles seem much easier on the eyes. I also have a feeling there are more colors in a couple of tiles (I have a feeling the borders have more colors in them, and possibly the water)

I just tried it, it's not doing it right for me. ~ Thinks he meant where you draw with a mountain as as you stretch it across the screen Many Many mountains appear merged together as if from a single stoke.

Zelda classic does not Mirror the tiles like that against each other, or does it somehow?

Am i missing something as to why you can actually draw water without editing edges as the RPG maker has  that all-already curved out for you within the editor?  

Screen_shot_2015_05_01_at_10_59_40_PM.pn

Anyways: Gots a LINK To your mapped game?  *

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 02 May 2015 - 03:22 AM.

• Matthew likes this

#11 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 02 May 2015 - 03:56 AM

Looks like a really accurate map FlameCursed! It kinda makes me want to play Z2 again XD

• Matthew likes this

#12 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:55 AM

Thanks guys! And no I don't have a link to the game yet. Sorry if the picture is blurry, I took it with the snipping tool XD

But anyway, I made that in one night, so it may seem undetailed. I will be sprucing things up in a bit though.

So thanks for the nice words guys :)

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#13 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 02 May 2015 - 02:06 PM

rpgmaker2003 just went official. So you can buy it and legally sell off your games with it finally!

• Matthew likes this

#14 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 03 May 2015 - 01:14 AM

I might get RPG Maker 2003. I might also get next installment too.

#15 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 03 May 2015 - 02:18 AM

rpgmaker2003 just went official. So you can buy it and legally sell off your games with it finally!

Eventing Limit Breaks and a Hunger System for my game back when I used that, reminded me of why I like scripts more than events.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users