Photo

Need testers for Dreams of Yesterday 2013.

• Please log in to reply
1041 replies to this topic

#61 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

Hmm, in that one shop in Subrosia, may just remove the heart piece given there's more than enough of them with some excess to get 84 of them. So maybe replacing the HCP with say L2 bow or something like that

Also may consider making keys really expensive to get, maybe at least 1500+ rupees per key given I'm trying to route keys and locks to be equal shouldn't be a way to trap yourself without a key when needed.

#62 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE(pixcalibur @ Feb 10 2013, 01:35 PM) View Post

Hmm, in that one shop in Subrosia, may just remove the heart piece given there's more than enough of them with some excess to get 84 of them. So maybe replacing the HCP with say L2 bow or something like that

Also may consider making keys really expensive to get, maybe at least 1500+ rupees per key given I'm trying to route keys and locks to be equal shouldn't be a way to trap yourself without a key when needed.

I agree, and it would be game breaking for someone who knows at least the level 1 cheat code icon_lol.gif

#63 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

Very well, my 2nd report on the same day, and:

IPB Image

Moblin guy is not solid.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IPB Image

A water combo?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IPB Image

As in my last report, this may not be important, but see the lava flows? From where you bomb the rocks, try to fix the combos so that the flow looks more natural.
IPB Image

Check the slashable skull under combo, since one of them is a tile warp that sends you here:

IPB Image

Here, you can get the red tunic on the top left corner, (but I got it before I took the shot) and also, if you exit left from here, you go to this screen:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Again, enemies on ceiling,
IPB Image

Check the gorons, they should be solid and on layer 1 or 2.
IPB Image

The north bombed wall is solid, so you can't go anywhere.
IPB Image

Same here.
IPB Image

Can't buy anything since those ball like things are in the way,
IPB Image

Enemies on ceiling.
IPB Image

And here is where I got mad. The door on the right is solid and won't let me go right. Please check that since this is where I am supposed to go next (I think).

And thats it. Later. icon_smile.gif

#64 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

Bugs fixed. Many of those were already fixed in a newer version, actually, thankfully. Thanks for 'em anyway! icon_smile.gif

We're on ZC 2.50 now! (Click me <--- )

So if you want to keep the same save file, you'll probably have to rename the quest to its original name.

I'm a little too tired right now to follow through with the rest of this, but I'll get to it all tomorrow...

#65 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:35 AM

No real problems so far on the 2.50 Final version and quest. Going through the quest with some small things so far.

4:40 – can make it so that stairs appear only after defeating all enemies in room (currently stairs are already there).

4:50 – Currently, after clearing this room, when you come back into the room, you can get stuck at the top of the room until you clear out the 2 goriyas. Maybe just replace the 2 goriyas with 2 more moldorms since they don't respawn.

Dang, Mines just got a bit trickier with that boss battle. Really gotta take your time in that battle now.

#66 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:00 AM

Moldorms don't respawn? Never noticed that. Oddly enough, little odd thing with both of those bugs/events - The one on the higher screen at 4:40 already had the "Enemies -> Secrets" screen flag set, as if that was meant to happen, but never had any secret flags or secret combos set. So I set 'em. icon_shrug.gif There is also a side warp on the south side of the screen to warp via a non-scrolling warp to the screen below to bypass that potential odd error. It wasn't triggering for you? Because it's working fine in the editor. But I'll go test it now in ZC.

EDIT: Yep, works great.

#67 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

Haven't done this for a while given been busy. Some things here:

IPB Image Under combo blank spaces on this screen

IPB Image

======================================

3 warp tiles above not visible with the lens on this screen (and maybe a few other screens). Most screens you can see those warp tiles with the lens

IPB Image

=======================================

IPB Image That would certainly dent Link's wallet, lol

======================================

22:12 – after stepping on star switch, on lower right 3x3 hole in snapshot below, remove the left 2 columns of hole because if fall down the left side of that hole, various things can happen from getting stuck in wall to being stuck between a block and spikes and being unable to move. So can leave right column of that hole against the wall in place since won't get stuck no matter which part of that hole you fall into.

IPB Image

=======================================

20:23 – can move lower left spike just above the block up 1 or 2 spaces given can't hookshot past it safely

22:69 – difficult to get key from the right for some reason. I can barely tip the key just before falling down the hole. Can consider adding a tile below the chest

25:52 – assuming no L3 boomerang, one would eventually go down to find the blue bubble to get the sword back. But when back in this room, no way to go right. Can move upper right block one space left to allow hookshot

39:74 – is is possible to make it so that you need to light the torch to remove the blocks on the right? Currently it's just pushing the left block down that removes the right blocks. Just seeing if can make the torch useful

39:5A – redundant map since you're already given the floor layout

Edited by pixcalibur, 16 February 2013 - 10:21 AM.

#68 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:45 AM

Thanks for the bugs. Some pretty interesting ones there.

Download the bug fix, because y'all know you wanna. :-3 Yeee..

Finally fixed that Ice Tower pit bug. Why did I take me so long to see that, with so many wonderful people shoving it down my throat? @ @. G'haa. Pitiful. >.< Same with that Blester key chest. Those types of undercombo bugs are very bizarre. Moreso that they happen at all, not the technology behind it. ... Okay, that too.

The prices of the key, HCP, and wallet are rather accurate, I'm sad to say. Enemies seem to drop a lot of rupees, and there are plenty of rupees to be found all over, and I want to take advantage of that.

All other scenes noted and altered. I believe I got all of the Devouring Forest pit holes. They should all be flagged now.

#69 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

No issues with that shop. Just amusing to see those prices =p. If explored well, no one should ever need to buy an HP or key in the first place. May just change the items sold there if it's an issue later on for whatever reason.

#70 Ryunaker

Ryunaker

Junior

• Members

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

Posting a problem I encountered, as ShadowTiger suggested I put it here:

If you walk into the cave here:
IPB Image

you will walk into this room:
IPB Image

If you walk on a swamp square in this room, you will die. (At least, I did.) That may be as intended. However, what came next is not likely to have been; after I died, when I hit continue, little Link walked into the room, two steps (onto one of the swamp tiles) and insta-died, again.

And again.

And again. *chuckles* (I tested it a few times, to ensure that it wasn't a temporary thing.)

#71 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

Hmm, maybe should just remove the swamp spots in the center of the room to make things simpler. The edge ones are ok to keep around.

Edited by pixcalibur, 21 February 2013 - 07:44 PM.

#72 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

Whoa, slow progress lately. icon_freak.gif Still, been a while since last report. Alas, here is what I have found lately:

IPB Image
IPB Image

Might not be so important, but there are fairy flags and invisible Dream Crystal in awkward places (in Illusionary Kokiri Village)
IPB Image

If you enter and exit that blue warp, you continue here as shown.
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Check ALL the secret combos for activating reflected magic switches, since when they are activated, they turn to stairs as shown, just assure that these are examples, since all of the switches turn to stairs in Marathon. (Or its not so important).
IPB Image

Is it normal for those tiles to go there? Just asking. icon_lol.gif
IPB Image

Blocks are not solid.
IPB Image

Weird undercombos.
IPB Image

Check layers on Tokay and make sure it is solid, because this occurs as shown.
IPB Image

Weird bombed wall combos.
IPB Image

Blocks are not solid, or is that on purpose? icon_confused2.gif
IPB Image

Dark secret combos as seen by lens.
IPB Image

Again, weird bombed wall combos.
IPB Image

Not sure, but this might be a 2.5 bug, when you set a fairy in the shop, the fairy moves as shown, making it free. icon_lol.gif
IPB Image

Statues are not solid.
IPB Image

Not so important, but the block that WAS in front of Link disappears after killing all enemies ONLY when the traps are on the south as shown.

That's all. Any questions? (Just kidding) Next time, I'll report the last bugs found,as I'm pretty much close to beating the game. But I'm kinda stuck now. Just a quick question, after killing Prince Iron Knuckle and the squirrel's Nightmare in the tree, where am I supposed to go next?

#73 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:47 AM

That's a heck of a lot of bugs. icon_razz.gif Many thanks for their discovery. A few of those were already fixed within this week. I don't know which version you're playing on or how old it is, but they were fixed. Every three or so days, replace the DoY250.qst file you have with the one from the same link you got it from, or from any link in this thread or the other one, as long as it's not the RC4 one, which I just keep so the link isn't broken. (I really should just get rid of it.)

That last bug there, I'm really not sure about. I don't want to mess with it too much, as it may mess with some sort of run through the area. Although the boss room three screens to the south of that is only active in the South room. So it wouldn't make sense to have that block disappear when all the enemies die on any other direction other than south, because there aren't any direction switches between that screen and the boss room. icon_shrug.gif

IPB Image
I believe that this block is supposed to be walkable. Not sure. Thing is, I Really don't want to break anything. Though there are definitely other places that use that same combo legitimately, so I'll bet it's there for a reason. But what do you think? Is it better, in terms of runs, to make it unwalkable? Because in the combo page, the walkable and unwalkable blocks are right next to each other. icon_confused.gif I can see it being a mistake that was never caught by the quest author.

--------------------------------------------

Major Bug-fix update!!! Must download!

#74 Umbra

Umbra

Tonberry

• Members

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

Hi! icon_biggrin.gif Dunno if this is a bug or just a new gameplay mechanic, but ah well. Currently, the L2 boomerang can deal damage; not the boomerang itself (that just stuns foes, as usual) but the surrounding aura. It deals minimal damage (1/2 a L1 sword strike... icon_confused.gif ) but can kill, and on enemies normally immune to death by L2 boomerang. Can't kill anything it can't stun, though. Thought you should know. Also, as shown in MeleeWizard's playthrough, you can bypass the Nightmare Lock in the Crypt, get keys you should have to have the hookshot for, and generally make it through WITHOUT having the hookshot. Not sure if that's a sequence break, considering I never played the original version of this quest, but given the large amount of grapple points in the level, I'm going to err on saying it is. icon_sigh.gif

I'll drop by to report any bugs I find, whether you want me to or not. icon_twisted.gif icon_razz.gif Sadly, I can't send screenshots- I use a laptop for this, and I either can't find the button or it's broken. icon_wacky.gif So I'll just drop by on occasion to let you know what I find. (For the record, I'd like to say GREAT JOB with this to you and C-Dawg. icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif )

#75 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:16 AM

Hey ShadowTiger, I got a little problem here. (By the way, I took a break from testing, alas my no posting here recently) icon_razz.gif .

I can't go to the Deku Tree anymore, when I try to climb, I go here:

IPB Image

The ninja says he can't allow me go to the Deku Tree until it's guardians are no longer in danger. What does he mean as I have already gotten into the Deku Tree on the last build? Or did you add something I have missed? Please fix this, I just noticed today since as said, I took a break from testing. (If it helps, I beated Marathon again just in case but no result...)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users