Later-game Gibdo

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:07 PM

I can't think of any way to do this without scripts, but from what I understand of scripts, this shouldn't be too hard.

What I would like is for a Gibdo enemy which turns into a Stalfos on being burned (as in the 'burn' secret combos). Also, if possible (which, if the first bit's possible, should be even easier) it would be more helpful to the general public of purezc to, within this script, be able to choose which enemy the Gibdo turns into (in case, somehow, someone decided to make a ReDead enemy) and/or choose which enemy changes (in case someone wants to use a different enemy). Also, if possible (this may be harder), the user could possibly choose which weapon changes the enemy?

I don't need this, though, but it would be quite cool to have. Credit to whoever makes it, obviously. Thanks in advance

#2 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:11 PM

You don't need a script for the barebones version of what you want, just make the Gibdo invulnerable to anything but fire, and make it "split on death" into a single other enemy of your choice.

#3 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

You don't need a script for the barebones version of what you want, just make the Gibdo invulnerable to anything but fire, and make it "split on death" into a single other enemy of your choice.

I think he wants it so that other weapons could still beat the enemy the normal way, but if you use fire it turns into a different enemy. This could only be done by scripts (and I have no idea how this would be scripted). It was like this in some of the official Zelda games I think. At least in Minish Cap it was.

#4 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:57 PM

Yeah, Avataro's right. I already did this method to make a terrorpin. It's kind of ugly, but it works. Unfortunately, if you don't kill it before it gets up, it fully heals.

#5 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:59 PM

Ultra-barebones version - would be better made as an AutoGhost script with a cool burning animation. But I hope you get the idea.

Script

Edited by MoscowModder, 25 February 2014 - 09:50 AM.

#6 DaLink

DaLink

These are my work clothes.

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:58 PM

Ultra-barebones version - would be better made as an AutoGhost script with a cool burning animation. But I hope you get the idea.

Is it possible to make it a FFC script?

#7 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:20 PM

What would the benefit of an FFC script be in this case?

#8 DaLink

DaLink

These are my work clothes.

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

What would the benefit of an FFC script be in this case?

Well, it basically could work like MoscowModder's script except you can use it as a FFC to choose the Gibdo enemy on the list.

#9 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:51 PM

I understand, but that would require you to set up FFC scripts on every screen that uses this enemy, while MoscowModder's script sets it up once and for all, surely that is easier? If you want it to work with different sets of enemies it'll also be easier to create these enemies and modify the script a tiny bit.

#10 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:28 PM

Like I mentioned, it would be the most convenient to package it as an AutoGhost script, but those take a lot of effort on the scripter's side. I might be willing to upgrade it later.

#11 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:39 AM

Is it possible to make it a FFC script?

Here you go:

import "std.zh"

const int NPC_GIBDO2 = 0;
const int NPC_GIBDO2SKELETON = 0;

ffc script Burnable Gibdo{
    void run(){
        while(true){
            for(int i = 1; i < Screen->NumNPCs(); i++){ //Check every enemy
                npc enem = Screen->LoadNPC(i);
                if(enem->ID == NPC_GIBDO2){ //If it's a gibdo2
                    for(int j = 1; j < Screen->NumLWeapons(); j++){ //Check every weapon
                        lweapon weap = Screen->LoadLWeapon(j);
                        if(weap->ID == LW_FIRE && Collision(enem, weap)){ //If it's fire and touching the gibdo
                            npc newEnem = CreateNPCAt(NPC_GIBDO2SKELETON, enem->X, enem->Y); //Create the skeleton
                            newEnem->HP = enem->HP; //Set its HP to gibdo's HP (optional; can remove this)
                            Remove(enem); //Remove gibdo quietly
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
            Waitframe();
        }
    }
}
By the way, I think MoscowModder forgot the void(run) and the while-loop, which is usually used for an active global script :)

#12 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:13 PM

So would this cause a lot of lag? Lets say you put 10 on a screen together, you'd have 10 scripts loading every Lweapon every frame. Using a weapon like the Fire Boomerang/Cane of Byrna/Din's Fire could potentially cause issues I'd imagine.

I'd suggest only running the lweapon load the frame the enemy gets hit. This should cut down on potential lag immensely.

• Moosh likes this

#13 SUCCESSOR

SUCCESSOR

Apprentice

• Banned

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:18 AM

So would this cause a lot of lag? Lets say you put 10 on a screen together, you'd have 10 scripts loading every Lweapon every frame. Using a weapon like the Fire Boomerang/Cane of Byrna/Din's Fire could potentially cause issues I'd imagine.

I'd suggest only running the lweapon load the frame the enemy gets hit. This should cut down on potential lag immensely.

The one script should handle every gibdo on screen; the global or the FFC. It might not be optimized but it shouldn't cause any lag unless the are lots of enemies and bullet hell.

You are right though. If there were 10 enemies handled like this and put on the same screen it would be a lot to do. As unlikely as that is in that case the one script should be modified to handle the different enemies instead of having a different script for each.

Edited by SUCCESSOR, 26 February 2014 - 02:23 AM.

#14 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:09 PM

Dah! I forgot how to put global scripts together. I remember someone made a topic about that, but I can't find it.

#15 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:34 AM

Dah! I forgot how to put global scripts together. I remember someone made a topic about that, but I can't find it.

Hm maybe this http://www.purezc.ne...showtopic=38773

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users