Photo

Screenshot of the Week 251

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

Poll: ... (46 member(s) have cast votes)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:45 PM

Shiek
IPB Image
Note: This goes with no quest, just a little desert designing practice.

Ebola Zaire
IPB Image
In the ongoing battle between Moblins and thin air, the air has yet to lose.

Russ
IPB Image
People need to start using the Pure tileset more often.

Majora
IPB Image
Who the hell puts a chest in a forest, and how am I supposed to reach it?

#2 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:52 PM

Shiek is an instant win. It looks perfect!

(on the side note, theres two 'd's in 'goddess')

#3 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:55 PM

Shiek - I really like this, gives me an idea on what to do with my desert area. Vote goes here.

Ebola - This one's good too, I can't find anything wrong wit it. Sweet pillar by the way.

Russ - There are a bunch of tile errors, and there's extremely low detail. Very boring and generic.

Majora - Another nice shot. That tall grass surrounding the tree looks a bit weird though.

#4 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:02 PM

Shiek: Nice shot. Not the best I've seen from you, but amazing regardless.

EZ: Very nice. Almost voted for this, but decided to go with Shiek's. The GB tileset draws me in a lot.

Russ: See Lithium's comment.

Majora: Nice screen, but the tall grass around the trees bug me.

#5 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:20 PM

Shiek: Nothing wrong with it at all.

Ebola: Looks good, no complaints.

Majora: It's okay, but kind of plain for SotW.

#6 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:12 PM

I voted for Ebola Zaire. I think it looks awesome! icon_thumbsup.gif

#7 Soarin

Soarin

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:29 PM

I vote for Ebola Zaire. That screen is to real for words.

#8 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:25 PM

Shiek - 8/10
Very nice. Complete with all the fine trimmings, and personality. Too bad I can't vote for two screens.

Ebola Zaire - 9/10
Pure awesomeness wrapped in 24 carat gold! Why bother trying to say something intelligent about the screen? I don't need to. It speaks for itself.

Russ - 6/10
Not a bad screen, but when you look at those other screens above yours, it's hard to get any thunder. Pure, like many popular tilesets, is hit or miss. Not the most detailed screen, but certainly well functional as your everyday run of the mill part of an overworld. The few plain green tiles in there don't help give the screen any pizazz. When I buy hot dogs, I don't go for the fat free ones. icon_smile.gif

Majora - 7/10
Copy most of my comments for Russ (hit or miss graphics, well functional, etc.), only you are using slightly better graphics, yet to me it still looks like a similar amount of effort. Decent, but not like the first two screens. I am not wild about those trees being used with that tall grass. Go fish, but don't come back with chicken of the sea tuna. Look for the lobster. icon_smile.gif

You gotta have a sense of humor every now and then, even if people don't always laugh with you. Excellent job for Ebola. Good effort or better from the rest of you.

#9 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:31 PM

Gah, it was tough choosing between Ebola and Sheik. But I voted for shiek. He simply is ( With some dispute and debate ) the greatest GB screen makes Ive seen yet.

#10 A-Red

A-Red

Initiate

• Members

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:39 PM

Vote goes to Shiek.

Ebola: also excellent, so I'll input a quick criticism--that bridge looks like it's floating in air. it doesn't connect well with the wall, possibly because the bottom planks overlap the wall and possibly because the bridge is partly on the wall border trim rather than all on the stone tiles.

#11 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:06 AM

I nulled my vote but I would have voted for EZ since I'm in love with that ruin stuff and the palette used fits perfectly the feeling of the scene.

For the spelling mistake: OH noooos! Failed. -_- (Well, surprisingly most of you understand my english even if it pretty sucks so that 'd' does not bother me that hard...).

I was afraid no one will like shot becuase this time it's - being a desert after all - actually pretty plain. But I tried to make something new and so thought to make something with sand and blue fire. Strange combination therefore I thought you won't like it. But you do. oO. Surprisingly.
Thanks for the compliments.

Ebole Zaire: I fallen in love with you palette. Best shot of all four.
Russ: I does not look bad but I'm not in love with Pure :3. There's a mistake with the mountain at the waterfall on the left.
Majora: I like it but to be honest I can't see forests anymore, it was 2 weeks nearly the only thing I saw in ZQuest. But your subscreen looks pretty nice!

So long, Shiek.

#12 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 April 2009 - 06:55 PM

Ebola's screen gets my vote for this week. Majora's came in a close second, with Shiek and Russ following in 3rd and 4th respectively.

#13 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:28 AM

I voted for Ebola Zaire

#14 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:31 PM

@ Sheik = nice desert shot the color of the deserts really making me say vote vote.

@ EZ = OMG just be looking at one tile this has got to be SotW.

@ Russ = Nice Screen I like pure tileset nothing really bad here just a little tiny bit of detail.

@ Majora = Now that is a good screen let me guess it is a lost woods screenshot? I played the Demo of yours and by just looking at the picture
you getting better and better.

So....... My Vote gos to EZ nice screens you all

#15 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:35 PM

It's an offshoot/branch "sector" (for lack of the better term) of the lost woods. Meaning no maze.

I'll try to submit a non-forest screen for next week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users