• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 01 July 2016 - 04:58 PM

I HAVE A LOT OF QUESTIONS.

Is it possible to have two or more separate slots in your inventory for potions so that you can hold more than one at a time? My game would very much benefit from the ability to hold more than one potion at a time, because dang, dude... 

While I'm talking about potions, I might as well bring this up. Say, for example, I make a Lon Lon Milk item that works as a level 2 potion that you can use twice. Is there a way so that when you use it once, it turns into a level 1 Lon Lon Milk instead of a level 1 potion? I want to have level 1 and level 2 Lon Lon milk that heals 5 hearts with each use, as well as level 1 and level 2 potions that heal 10-to-all your hearts, but it seems that a level 2 item in the potion class will always turn into the default level 1 potion, unless I've missed something.

Anyone know the solution to any of these problems? Is there a solution at all??

Thank you for your time~

#2 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:06 PM

[Option 1]

Let's say you have a quest with ONLY single-use potions. You can absolutely have a different item slot for each different potion item you create. Just set every slot's Item Override to the specific potion that goes there (and make sure every potion is at a different level).

[Option 2]

If you want to have a potion with two or more doses, then you can literally only have a single potion slot in your quest.

The reason for this is that there's really no such thing as a potion with more than one dose. ZQuest fakes it by removing a higher level potion upon use so you're left with a lower level potion. This only works because the Item Override is turned off.

When the Item Override is turned off, you have an item slot that is going to be used by any and every potion item you create no matter what level or type of potion it is.

You can have as many doses as you like (since each dose is a different level potion), but you only get one item slot.

[Option 3]

Go with Option 1 and get someone to script you custom item(s) that behave like multi-use potions (if that's possible).

#3 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:28 PM

Hmmm... Potions are weird in ZC... I wonder if, one day, we can have Z3 style bottle mechanics in ZC... Having fairies on your person would definitely come in handy, especially for challenge quests like what I'm designing.

I'll try and tinker around with option one. It seems like the best choice for what I want to do. Thanks for the suggestion!

• Cukeman likes this

#4 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:44 PM

I'm fairly sure there is a true bottles and potions script in the database, so that's always an option.

#5 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 05 July 2016 - 08:33 PM

Couldn't you use two item slots, and have your levels 1 & 2 potions be the milk, and have the levels 3 & 4 be red/ blue potions? You could prevent the level 3 potion from turning into milk with a simple item script that removes a level 3 potion completely (maybe) when used?

#6 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 05 July 2016 - 09:10 PM

Any potion you got would appear in both slots.

Edited by Cukeman, 05 July 2016 - 11:26 PM.

#7 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 05 July 2016 - 10:00 PM

Yeah, that's true. Maybe you could use an item pick up message script to play a string that uses string control code wizardry to remove/ add different potions, or substitutes that appear blank.

#8 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:44 PM

Hmmm... Potions are weird in ZC... I wonder if, one day, we can have Z3 style bottle mechanics in ZC... Having fairies on your person would definitely come in handy, especially for challenge quests like what I'm designing.

I'll try and tinker around with option one. It seems like the best choice for what I want to do. Thanks for the suggestion!

This script By Moosh works great http://www.purezc.ne...=scripts&id=236

#9 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:43 PM

All of this needs scripting. If you merely want additional potion items, those are easy to add, so that Link may have multiple items with healing effects. The rest is more advanced.

Use Moosh's header, or wait until I finish the one that I started making a year-ish ago, and set aside because nobody seemed interested.
  • Tree likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Subscreen, Items, Multiple, Potions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users