Photo

Screenshot of the Week 218

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

Poll: SoTW 218 (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE(blaman @ Jul 7 2008, 12:37 PM) View Post

Can someone please explain to me how SotW works now. I had a shot this week, but I sent it to Shoelace, and now /M/ is hosting it. Another time, I sent it to /M/ and Shoelace to be safe, and the Shoelace hosts it. Whoose the one hosting SotW?! (Or are they alternating?)

Its quiet simply, really. It goes in alternating routine, if I host SoTW this week, Shoelace gets to host it the following week. Though considering things may occur, for example me being unable to connect to the internet, Shoelace would take over for that week. I would recommend you duplicate the PM for the both of us, since its really the only way to be certain your screenshot will be entered. icon_wink.gif

#32 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:52 AM

That's what I sorta thought, but I wanted to be sure. Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

#33 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:55 AM

i voted for ZS. his shot (wether copied or not) still looks plain great to me. i like the use of that background. personally, that shot is very pleasing to my eye.

i would use less tree variety... but thats ok.

#34 damoocow5000

damoocow5000

• Members

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:16 PM

Defiantly Zebra. The background and subscreen are just awesome!

#35 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:56 PM

lol Migo, but I must admit, it would've been much funnier if you had changed the Link sprite. (And only the Link sprite)

icon_biggrin.gif

Although I don't like to be losing, it looks like former-n00b ZebraStallion is really rising up to be not-a-n00b. icon_biggrin.gif Congrats on your vast amount of votes, Zebra.

hat's what I sorta thought, but I wanted to be sure. Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

Sometimes one will forget and the other will have to make up for it, so send it to both just to be safe every time. Oh, and always title it "Screenshot of the Week 218/219/whatever week it is", and not just "Screenshot of the Week", because sometimes your shot gets left out then.

Edited by LostInHyru1e, 08 July 2008 - 07:57 PM.

#36 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:30 PM

I'm pretty sure Zeeb passed the noob phase of his career quite a bit ago. Keyword: effort. icon_wink.gif

#37 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE(Schwa @ Jul 8 2008, 08:30 PM) View Post

I'm pretty sure Zeeb passed the noob phase of his career quite a bit ago. Keyword: effort. icon_wink.gif

Agreed.

/me gives ZebraStallion the "I'm Not a noob" badge. And it's ZebraStallion not "ZeldaStallion" icon_razz.gif.

#38 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:52 AM

ZebraStallion, you stallion... you get my vote. Great colors. Love the background. Awesome picture! ^_^

#39 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:47 AM

i know i already commented to your pic ZS, but i just had to say, if you used some other colors on your trees in there, i would want to make love to that screen.

no joke.

icon_heh.gif

but seriously. i would have used some extra colored treetops, personally. maybe some fall-seasoned colors? but just for the leaves of the trees. the rest of the shot is sexy. icon_wink.gif

#40 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 July 2008 - 05:45 PM

Okay, just to let everyone know, I have 2 shots (Russ and blaman) so that is why I haven't started yet. And also, I am waiting for a last tie breaking vote to announce the winner. icon_razz.gif

So vote! And also, send me your screens!

#41 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

• Members

Posted 13 July 2008 - 06:18 PM

Alright, I entered the next SoTW. Couldn't resist, if there isn't enough people...

icon_razz.gif

EDIT: Ooh, and I got another vote, does that mean I win?

Edited by LostInHyru1e, 13 July 2008 - 06:18 PM.

#42 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 13 July 2008 - 06:22 PM

All right, I finally voted, and for LostInHyru1e, because I like the design the best of the three. It somewhat resembles my style too.

I like ZebraStallion's palette, but not the layout, and I mostly blame what you did for the bottom of the screen.

AntonJ3000's is too plain. You need some trees, water, mountains, or some other objects, and make them go off the edge of the screen. I don't like how the fences border so much of the edge.

#43 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 13 July 2008 - 06:53 PM

Cool, as I see it right now, LostInHyru1e is ahead by one vote. So he is the winner of this week! Congrats, it was a close race.

And /M/ can you edit the subtitle of this thread to say "This week's winner is LostInHyru1e." and also the SotW from 2 weeks ago, it still says it is open. Thanks. icon_razz.gif

#44 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

• Members

Posted 13 July 2008 - 09:12 PM

Shoe, aren't you a Local Mod? You can edit it, can't you? SoTW says "Forum Led By: Shoelace."

EDIT: Never mind, the other one did start. icon_smile.gif

Edited by LostInHyru1e, 13 July 2008 - 09:13 PM.

#45 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:09 PM

Shoe, aren't you a Local Mod? You can edit it, can't you? SoTW says "Forum Led By: Shoelace."

EDIT: Never mind, the other one did start.

Nathaniel fixed it for us just right now. Apparently me and /M/ were limited in what we can do, like we could only pin stuff. lol. But now I can edit the titles, close and move topics. Yay! icon_razz.gif So if you noticed I updated the subtitles. icon_razz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users