Photo

Screenshot of the Week 92

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick your favorite screenshot. (57 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick your favorite screenshot.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Fire Wizzrobe

Fire Wizzrobe

Master

• Members

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:53 PM

Phosphorescent_Image gets my vote. The background is well done and so is the house.

#17 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:51 PM

I tell nobody why I didn't vote for mudvayne.
Only those who are preparing for the gaming industry primarily knows why. I have other game-making programs. icon_xd.gif
L_j does look good, but it needs more "darklining", an art term I use for tiles with a black or darkened color on or as its border.
TD has a snowy look, but if you're trying to make a blizzard, I recommend the snow blowing at a rapid speed and falling at an angle of 260 degrees clockwise. It looks more "blizzardish" this way. If not, well, can you make your snowflakes smaller? It's hard to see...
That makes the vote for Phosphor.

Oh, and how do you get your pics on SotW? I'd like to get one in.

#18 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:13 AM

Oh, and how do you get your pics on SotW? I'd like to get one in.

Upload it somewhere, then send the link to PrinceMSC along with a caption via PM.

#19 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:53 AM

I liked all of the shots excep Tobias'...it was too hard to see anything.

I voted for Ph...Ph...that image dude...I really like the shot...it's creepy.

#20 lord_jamitossi

lord_jamitossi

Wizard

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 10:20 AM

Linkus: I'm actually trying to avoid the colour black as much as I can, at least for the beginning levels. I'm actually planning to take out the borders around the sprites, or at least change their colours. As for outlining the other tiles, I've tried and it looks much better this way. I'm trying to make the first bit fairly "light" (opposite of heavy, not of dark) so taking out borders is effective.

#21 Moldorm

Moldorm

Magus

• Members

Posted 22 June 2005 - 11:00 AM

(Very nice shot Gashin. This is something to look at. Any idea when that quest will be done as Iīm dying to play it!!!)

mudvayne got my vote too. It really looks like a ghost ship. What has really happened there? Ganon? Or something even more terrible?

Working on quest: Link Potter and the Sorcererīs Triforce
Percent done: Total 6%
Just began...Only my companion Jonte have a Windows but he is in France now so...

#22 mudvayne

mudvayne

Junior

• Members

Posted 22 June 2005 - 11:35 AM

you want to see my boss, for this dungeon? here is it! but isnt ganondorf! i have nine levels at my quest! ganondorf is at the last dungeon! icon_biggrin.gif i have to create my own boss, for this dungeon!
user posted image

#23 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 02:32 PM

I love lord_jammitosies tress, but you should have put some water, or cliff tiles in there...

Mudvyanes was cool, but the wood floos couold use some more depth, the driping blood looks a little odd...

Phos' shot was really really good! It looks luike a mix of alttp, and some custom stuff... I love the bcakground *voted*

O.o I did not realize how big the flakes really were... When it was animted in ZQ, it looked good. I'll have to tone that down a bit, but I will keep the palette...

Good job!

#24 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 05:27 PM

Phosphorescent_Image wins SotW 92. Congratulations!

SotM will start tomorrow morning.

#25 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 06:16 PM

Phosphorescent_Image screen is awsome! The dead church.. ohoho! How cool with that in a quest!

#26 fatdude

fatdude

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 27 June 2005 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE(PrinceMSC @ Jun 25 2005, 04:27 PM)
Phosphorescent_Image wins SotW 92. Congratulations!

SotM will start tomorrow morning.

Congratulations. Awesome shot......Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users