Changes to Ban Announcement Process

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#16 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 11 March 2019 - 07:31 PM

Everybody can be curious at times, and as much as we hate to admit it, we all love a little drama.

Oh yeah, but here on Pure especially.

XRdroyZ.gif

(We as a site have moved past the high-drama state that necessitated this image's creation in the first place but it's still great).
  • ShadowTiger, Nathaniel, Hergiswi and 13 others like this

#17 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 11 March 2019 - 08:58 PM

XRdroyZ.gif

(We as a site have moved past the high-drama state that necessitated this image's creation in the first place but it's still great).

How have I not seen this before?

• Lightwulf likes this

#18 Chris

Chris

The Sun Is in Your Hand!

• Members

Posted 11 March 2019 - 11:26 PM

Because you didn't create enough DRAMA, obviously ;p
  • Hergiswi and Lightwulf like this

#19 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:29 AM

Without drama though, what's the point? I want a satisfying conclusion to the narrative and for that to happen there needs to be some drama, god dammit!

#20 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 12 March 2019 - 04:18 AM

Without drama though, what's the point? I want a satisfying conclusion to the narrative and for that to happen there needs to be some drama, god dammit!

Well, if that's what you want, then screw you!
  • Anthus and Deedee like this

#21 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 12 March 2019 - 05:18 AM

XRdroyZ.gif

No, the Tamamo thread proves otherwise.

#22 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:02 AM

XRdroyZ.gif

We need a Kamehameha version of this meme. 

• Deedee likes this

#23 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:30 PM

Because you didn't create enough DRAMA, obviously ;p

This comment is unintentionally hilarious

• Rambly and Lightwulf like this

#24 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:20 PM

Well, if that's what you want, then screw you!

It's not about what I want. This is storytelling 101, get with the program! >:O

Edited by Migokalle, 12 March 2019 - 07:20 PM.

#25 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:57 PM

I remember before I was staff, I was also one of the ones who wished staff would be more transparent about stuff. This seems to be received fairly well by the community at large, so I hope we made the right decision. I hope we can benefit from this as a community and build some trust between members and staff moving forward.

#26 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:07 PM

It really came down to a simple conflict of concepts:  Transparency vs. Confidentiality.  Both have their own set of good intentions, but sometimes the road to hell is paved with those good intentions.  It's often hard to have both transparency and confidentiality, very much so when it comes to bans.  Either way, it benefits some, while hurting others.  But I think what we came to terms with is justified by the risk of us staff being misunderstood on our intentions from how it was before, easily leading to conspiracies.  I know everybody on this staff well enough to know that they are good people.  All of them.  But good people won't always get it right either.  I certainly got it wrong before.  While it may be cheesy to quote Spock, it seems to be a matter of the needs of the many outweighing the needs of the few.  The concerns for the community at large are important, which sometimes unfortunately will be at the expense of one or a few.  I don't think that's always correct (mob mentality isn't pretty), but the vast majority of the time it is.

So, where is our Keemstar. :P

• ShadowTiger, Anthus, Jared and 1 other like this

#27 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:11 PM

I remember before I was staff, I was also one of the ones who wished staff would be more transparent about stuff. This seems to be received fairly well by the community at large, so I hope we made the right decision. I hope we can benefit from this as a community and build some trust between members and staff moving forward.

I know we talked about this as far back as when I was a mod, and I can't say I remember what I thought then, but regardless... my experience both as a member and as a moderator, is that at times there have been somewhat of a divide between staff and the rest of the community. Not in any intentional way, but I found that a lot of us would for example be more active in the #PZCStaff channel rather than the community IRC channel. Not to mention the staff forums - just to me personally, eventually I was more occupied with discussions going on in there, rather than just being a part of the community as a whole.

And ironically I've experienced the opposite as a member, where I've ended up in small echo chambers with people complaining together about our grievances with staff. It doesn't take much to keep this from happening though, and I'm glad to see that's a process now.

Edited by Migokalle, 12 March 2019 - 10:11 PM.

• Anthus likes this

#28 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 March 2019 - 01:14 AM

Hey everyone! :)

In the spirit of remaining transparent regarding Avataro's ban, this is just a small notice that upon staff consideration of an appeal sent by Avataro, we have decided to shorten his ban length down to two months instead of three months, effectively meaning that his ban will be lifted on May 9th. We felt a length of two months was the right approach to balance the appeal he made with remaining consistent on the actions we took against his behavior.

Thank you all for your attention!

• Anthus, Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder, Jared and 5 others like this

#29 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 13 March 2019 - 03:11 AM

The atomic radiation left after the aftermath..

• Shane, Lightwulf and Matthew like this

#30 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 20 March 2019 - 03:21 PM

Now this is some quality government-sanctioned drama! ;)

• Anthus and Lightwulf like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users