The Liberation of Hyrule released

• Please log in to reply
326 replies to this topic

#31 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:31 PM

thank you Shadow Tiger. But full credit to that goes to OUCH! I copied that straight from Armageddon Quest. That piece of work was so brilliant I simply couldn't let it die with his quest. Its a great idea that deserves to be in every quest, now and forever!!

#32 arieltap

arieltap

Adept

• Members

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Mar 4 2012, 07:01 PM) View Post

AAAAAAAH I GOT THE LENS holy crap that was awesome. My hat which I have long since eaten is off to you sir. Brilliant.

Okay, I''ve not apparently tried everything to get the lens. James or ShadowTiger, if you have a hint, I'm open to suggestion! icon_smile.gif

#33 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:49 PM

Spoiler

#34 arieltap

arieltap

Adept

• Members

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Mar 4 2012, 08:49 PM) View Post

Spoiler

Well, I got the first part, but it's the ladder work I haven't mastered, yet! icon_wink.gif

edit: I GOT IT!

Edited by arieltap, 04 March 2012 - 10:56 PM.

#35 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:40 PM

Just finished level 4. When I got the Master key and went to the upper room I was surprised to get a message about the dodongos, an enemy I had already killed. Strange, guess I was expecting, well something.else. Also was anyone able to get that food in level 4?

Guess I'll take my shiny new lens to level one and see if I can't answer my previous question myself. Ah ha, looks like you need some boots.

Edited by Mister Snooze, 04 March 2012 - 11:44 PM.

#36 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:06 AM

I will say there are NO boots in my quest anywhere. Spikes will hurt you, but don't forget what they can give you...a moment of invulnerability as well as a push. There is also NO ring except for the one in the cheat shop and the potion only comes very late in the game.

Mister Snooze, are you referring to the spiked dodongo room to the east of the single bat wizzrobe on ice in level 4 just before you get the wand? In my opinion, that room is amoungst the most difficult in my quest. Not only is your health constantly depleting but you have to accurately place bombs whilst walking on a very strange surface. There are other dodongos in the game, like outside fortress 2 and in the snowfields. Do you mean those? Or maybe its a bug in my quest...I shall now test again.

And as for the upper left hand room in level 1, if you didn't get the magic shield in that its an absolute miracle you were able to complete level 1 - say nothing about levels 2 and 3. I tried doing that during testing and failed and gave up icon_frown.gif That was beyond me. The only other explanation is that you cheated. Is that right? To get to the upper left hand room you need a blue candle and one heart container - that's it. Think, think hard and think creatively.

To get the food, you must kill the fire that is being protected by the dodongos. If I give away what you need, it will spoil it so for now you must think carefully.

Edited by James24, 05 March 2012 - 03:54 AM.

#37 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE(James24 @ Mar 5 2012, 01:06 AM) View Post

Mister Snooze, are you referring to the spiked dodongo room to the east of the single bat wizzrobe on ice in level 4 just before you get the wand?

Yes, I went into that room and the dodongo immediately pushed me to the lower left corner where I just sat and dropped bombs to both of them ( they came to me) and then I went up through the left door which was locked on the other side and got the heart

...and yes I did cheat, I am just an average player and am having a hard enough time as is. But then I am not into the competition of it just here for the fun. Thanks for that!

Edited by Mister Snooze, 05 March 2012 - 01:56 PM.

#38 arieltap

arieltap

Adept

• Members

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE(James24 @ Mar 5 2012, 01:06 AM) View Post

The only other explanation is that you cheated. Is that right?

I'm "cheating" too. It's just a different game. And it's still challenging.Thanks for offering a choice! At least it's not a wholesale cheat with the code. Perhaps you're trying to stigmatize those of us who work every opportunity to our advantage? My philosophy: If it's for sale, it's "fair game." icon_razz.gif

p.s. What about the master key? There are no keys in the fortresses. How could you play without the master key?

Edited by arieltap, 05 March 2012 - 02:22 PM.

#39 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

I give up on getting into that room in the upper left of level 1.

#40 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE(Mister Snooze @ Mar 5 2012, 02:49 PM) View Post

I give up on getting into that room in the upper left of level 1.

Spoiler

#41 sctmorgan

sctmorgan

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:23 PM

I have to say that I have given up on your quest. It's too hard for me. I can't even get the boomerang nor sword but I did get the candle. Good Luck to all who have made it past level 1 with the sword. icon_naughty.gif icon_rolleyes.gif

#42 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE(sctmorgan @ Mar 5 2012, 01:23 PM) View Post

I have to say that I have given up on your quest. It's too hard for me. I can't even get the boomerang nor sword but I did get the candle. Good Luck to all who have made it past level 1 with the sword. icon_naughty.gif icon_rolleyes.gif

Hey sct, just go to town and buy those goodies...that will help immensely

#43 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE(sctmorgan @ Mar 5 2012, 02:23 PM) View Post

sctmorgan .. you don't need to quit,, just go SW NW and buy everything there (better than quit))
If you hear .. cheating... just play,, deaf .. icon_shrug.gif

#44 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

Yep. Here's a hint for getting through the forest maze directly west of the start position in front of the windmill:

Spoiler

Very clever. <3

I absolutely love how OUCH! and James think well outside of the box on this one.

#45 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:47 PM

Mister Snooze, the dodongos in that room shouldn't appear in the lower left corner. Are you using ZC 2.5 build 1401? I specifically flagged the enemies to appear in the bottom right and upper right corner...otherwise it'd be too easy. I tested the room in question and it doesn't do that for me. But anyway, if it did that for you, consider it your good fortune icon_smile.gif In my philosophy, if I didn't say its cheating - then its legitimate. Use any sneaky, lame and cheating tactics you like - except f3 or slowing the game.

Ariel and sctmorgan, I wasn't trying to stigmatize anyone with the cheat shops. I'm sorry if you feel that way. But when I knew that when I wrote this that only the very best players could complete this quest, and only when they are playing at the height of their powers. The cheat shops are the one concession that I am willing to make to the average players - so that they may truly appreciate how good a pro ZC player is and what they should strive to be.

Please, take a good look around and someday when you're a lot better, try this quest again - it might not be so hard then icon_smile.gif

As for the master key (not the boss key). Its supposed to be used to open lockblocks and locked doors. These should not be opened by anyone who isn't cheating. In other words, its possible to complete my quest opening any lockblocks or locked doors. But you do need the boss keys on each level.

Not on the topic:

ShadowTiger, thanks for the complement, but I would have to say I only modified the original idea from GameMrk24's Legend of Zelda Outlands Final quest. Its not on the purezc database because its a true NES quest built from the time before ZC started. This quest needs the NES emulator to play. Go to my homepage:

http://members.optus.....and Emulator/

and copy the files into a directory. Make sure all files go there. Then start the nes emulator and load his quest. These quests are completely old-skool but some of them are really good. Some of them are really bad.

It took quite a bit of hacking to make quests in those days since there was no ZQuest. From what I heard, you needed to take apart the binary rom file and hack it. I also heard that Phantom Menace was one of those people but got sick of trying to hack quests like that and so he started the ZC we all know today.

But some of these quests deserve to be made available to the world. If you agree with my sentiments ShadowTiger, perhaps you could use some of your influence and authority to make this available on purezc or armageddon games? I assume, of course, that its not already there coz I don't know those sites well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users