The Liberation of Hyrule released

• Please log in to reply
326 replies to this topic

#16 vinheim3

vinheim3

Initiate

• Members

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:07 AM

For the vire room, I mostly just wait til the spikes are halfway through and the vire is passed that (not near me) before walking through. Then I use the lantern on the top 2 vires. I get through everytime with this.

But dat goriya room. >_>

#17 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:55 AM

QUOTE(vinheim3 @ Mar 4 2012, 12:07 AM) View Post

For the vire room, I mostly just wait til the spikes are halfway through and the vire is passed that (not near me) before walking through. Then I use the lantern on the top 2 vires. I get through everytime with this.

But dat goriya room. >_>

I'm doing fortress 5 now , a hint say the rafe is east from fortress 3 can't locate
any hint ?? thanks

#18 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:24 AM

The raft is one screen east of Fortress 4 not fortress 3. If you need an additional hint, think back to 1st Quest and how you knew to get up the lost hills...

Poke, after you clear the room with vires (without the sword), head west, west, west until you get the sword. You need the candle to get the sword and you will most likely need the magic shield unless you are super super good at fighting. Then return (with sword not jinxed) via that route again. And Poke, if its your random review, then please do it. I welcome any and all criticism of my quest so that I can make them better for next time. If you wish, rate it lowly. But please read my message about making it easier...

As for the items in the dungeons, there's not much need for me to say what is where. If you want, simply go to town and buy all the cheat items. Have a good hard look around. All items are on conspicious display. I believe that players must be sufficiently motivated to attempt challenges and there's no better motivation than a good weapon. That's why I didn't put my items in treasure cheats and why you see things behind shutters.

You can even complete my quest in 5 minutes with cheating. Just go straight to level 9 and use the magic key to get to Zelda. There's a very interesting ending in store, but you won't get it unless you play the quest.

#19 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:48 AM

Still in level one, when coming back to the vires, I can kill all except that last pair at the bottom....how do I get to them ?

#20 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:37 AM

I don't understand. There is no pair of vires at the bottom. There is one vire at the bottom and a pair on top. Do you mean keese - the things that emerge in pairs when you strike a vire? You mean you can't get to the vire on the bottom in order to kill it because of the spikes and vires in the way?

If that's what you mean then please understand that this is a test of how good you are at ZC. Read Abei's message to the east of the shop above. Think, think hard and think creatively. There is a way to get through the vire room entering from the north with your sword - but it will require every ounce of creative thought to come up with that answer and once you have the answer you will have to be very good to pull it off icon_smile.gif

#21 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:18 PM

I didn't understand at first - thought "clearing" meant "CLEARING" (HOW'S THAT FOR AMBIGUITY?) icon_razz.gif

#22 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:50 PM

That digdogger room and that vire room have all my hate, not because they're difficult but because they take FOREVER!

No, my special surprise isn't a review, although I may do one sometime anyways. Actually, I'm working on a tricky little quest of my own. It's sure to be a hoot and a half.

#23 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:07 PM

James, if you would put your readme in a zip file along with your quest and then host it the same way, I can change out the download file on Zeldaclassic.com like you originally wanted.

#24 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Mar 4 2012, 11:50 AM) View Post

That digdogger room and that vire room have all my hate, not because they're difficult but because they take FOREVER!

No, my special surprise isn't a review, although I may do one sometime anyways. Actually, I'm working on a tricky little quest of my own. It's sure to be a hoot and a half.

mine, mine, mine,...!! the boomer help a lot on this.... you ain't got it ?? ,,is really cheap icon_sigh.gif
((((best weapon , so far))))

#25 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE(vravelo @ Mar 4 2012, 04:38 PM) View Post

the boomer help a lot on this

How do I get? icon_blah.gif

#26 arieltap

arieltap

Adept

• Members

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

Hello! Is the door to the left supposed to open when I move this block?

IPB Image

#27 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:14 PM

Yes, but you can't move it if any of the Armos statues have been activated.

Anyway, this quest made me eat my hat.

#28 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

Ariel, push the block one step further into the water and the door will open and Shadow Tiger is correct in saying that the block doesn't move if an armos is activated. If an armos is activated you're in deep trouble anyway! Could possibly recover with the blue candle if you get it right. Besides, if the door really did open at where you screenshot shows, I'd be near impossible to get there from where James is.

Poke, the fire 'rang can be got one of two ways. In fortress 7, there's a big chest guarded by vire tribbles. If you can defeat them the chest will open and give you the fire 'rang. The second way is OUCH's cheat shop at the resistance HQ. Please note that if you complete the quest with cheating, then that's something you will have to live with...

Chief, yes that may have been an ambiguity. Its just a small thing so I'll fix it and if someone discovers a major bug then I'll update the quest with that. By "clearing" I mean "get through".

King Aquamentus, thanks a lot but I don't think the readme is really important now. Just me and my lamentations on why people like to make easy quests that are no fun to play. The only really important part of the readme is the part on using f3 to pause the game. That is cheating. Thanks anyways. If I update the quest I'll resubmit it as a zip file with the readme.

#29 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

AAAAAAAH I GOT THE LENS holy crap that was awesome. My hat which I have long since eaten is off to you sir. Brilliant.

#30 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

I have finished levels 2 and 3 and most of level 1 but have been unable to get to the upper left hand room in level 1, any hints?

Enjoying this game! Thanks 24!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users