The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap Save State

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:44 PM

I'm making a request here. I can't seem to get any savestates to work in Visual Boy Advance.

Basically, I'm looking for a save game file for VBA that I can use to help me out. I'm looking for one that's at the start of Dark Hyrule Castle, as in just turned in the fourth essence and fully powered up the blade Link has to allow him to split up into 4s. If anyone has such a save game, I would greatly appreciate it as I continue my treck through the dark hyrule castle ripping the tiles from there. Thanks in advance.

#2 Link1

Link1

Senior

• Members

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:13 PM

http://www.zophar.ne...minish-cap.html

#3 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:29 AM

That's one of them, including the ones found at gamefaqs, that I could not get to work for me.

#4 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:08 AM

Here is a battery save:

http://www.mediafire...d5bd88q0qqd5v2c

I think it's a 100% completed game, or darned close to it

Edited by Cukeman, 20 December 2011 - 03:09 AM.

#5 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:25 AM

I have a save file, and I use VBA as well, so maybe we'd have more luck. Unfortunately, I don't have access to it right now. I'll let you know as soon as I can access it again.

In the meantime, what graphics are you looking for that are in Dark Hyrule Castle? Something specific, or everything and anything?...

#6 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:41 AM

Ok, This is interesting. The save state needs to be at the beginning of Dark Hyrule Castle, with nothing inside it solved. Reason: I want to get the shutter and locked door graphics, but once you open the shutters and locked doors, they're no longer closed, and never revert back to closed. Same thing for the large shutters and large boss door.

@Cukeman: That save worked, guessing I had an incorrect version of the ROM. However, a full clear save isn't what I'm looking for. Thanks for that however.

#7 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:50 AM

Okay, hmmm. Well, I might have what you need, but I might not. I will have to find out when I get access to those files again.
Orrrr... there might be another option...

Minish Cap determines what areas you can enter according to what elements you possess. In other words, if you use a cheat code to give yourself all the elements, many parts of the game will be treated as though you have already done them. In OTHER other words, each of the four elements is used as a "flag" that is referred to by cut scenes and other major game points.

To take advantage of this, try finding and entering the Minish Cap Gameshark code that gives Link all four elements. Alternately, you could search for a cheat file and load it into VBA. These are pre-made files that can contain multiple codes, ready to load and use. Now, I'm not sure where I got it, but at one point I had a file that contained all the official Gameshark codes. It was very useful.

Discovering that certain events had been skipped was bothersome at times, when I was using these codes, but I think it will work well for what you are attempting to do at the moment. Also, the official Gameshark codes are not as buggy as fan-made ones. When you're perusing code files, look for a code that allows you to roll through solid objects, or something. Those kinds of codes are useful for ripping, since they allow you to "shortcut" your way through most of Minish Cap's gameplay, and also skip a lot of the cutscenes. They also make it possible to get "stuck," though, so use them with caution.

Additionally, in case you find that you missed some tiles, don't forget the Tile Viewer. You have to manually select the palette, but it is very useful for nabbing tiles that are elusive on screen. I like to use screenshots when possible, but the Tile Viewer gives you the ability to look past the current map and see all the tiles that the ROM is loading for that area; sometimes it even displays a few unused tiles that were never seen in the game.

#8 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE(Sephiroth @ Dec 20 2011, 05:41 AM)  
@Cukeman: That save worked, guessing I had an incorrect version of the ROM. However, a full clear save isn't what I'm looking for. Thanks for that however.

I doubt you had the incorrect version, just change the file name to the name of your ROM.
I have a habit of renaming things :shrug: 

QUOTE(Radien @ Dec 20 2011, 05:50 AM)  
Additionally, in case you find that you missed some tiles, don't forget the Tile Viewer. You have to manually select the palette

I didn't know you could choose the palette, now I need to figure out how to do that.

Edited by Cukeman, 30 March 2016 - 01:08 AM.

#9 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:15 PM

@Radien: While yeah, the Tile Viewer is helpful, and that's where I got 95% of my graphics from, including the sprite versions of the shutters, as well as the keyhole applied to those shutters. When I overlay them onto the doorways, it just doesn't look right, so I'm trying to figure out what I missed.

#10 Chakaa

Chakaa

Hench 4 Life

• Members

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:39 PM

I just got to Dark Hyrule Castle a few minutes ago, the only problem is I'm playing on the 3DS, so I have no idea if it's possible to take a save state from that.

#11 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:17 AM

So is there anyone out there who has a working save? Every last one of them I have tried, which are all .sps files, always fails on me with no error whatsoever, aside from the fact that it will overwrite my save and reset the emulator, which it resets, but my save is completely untouched, so I can't even import a gameshark snapshot. I even tried other emulators than visualboy advance, and none of those even had the import option. This is the only thing stopping any further development on my quest, because I need this to get the graphics that I require.

#12 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 22 August 2016 - 08:56 PM

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I keep seeing this one pop up in feeds. Here's a file I made containing a whole bunch of VBA saves throughout the quest: https://drive.google...UG41cHJUVlZmYWc

#13 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 23 August 2016 - 06:07 AM

Save States are emulator specific, which emulator and what version of it are they for?

#14 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 23 August 2016 - 06:12 PM

As I mentioned they are VBA, tested on both Mac and Windows, newest build I believe

#15 Apexman

Apexman

• Members

Posted 21 June 2022 - 03:38 PM

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I keep seeing this one pop up in feeds. Here's a file I made containing a whole bunch of VBA saves throughout the quest: https://drive.google...UG41cHJUVlZmYWc

Longshot from an old post but do you happen to still have that Google drive folder? Looks like the link doesn’t work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users