Link to the Heavens

• Please log in to reply
260 replies to this topic

#16 Pineconn

Pineconn

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 01 February 2008 - 11:36 PM

^^ I'll bet you 1000 Pineconn Dollars that you're missing the key in B1 35 (actually, this room will take you to where the key is). Else, the other possible locations are B1 54, B1 53, or F1 37. I think that's it.

(Let's not bring Pineconn Dollars to PureZC, heh.)

QUOTE(Nashvillan @ Jan 31 2008, 10:56 PM) View Post
I tried entering the cave without the cross and only managed to get to the third room... the green wizzrobe is too hard to catch while invisible.

icon_biggrin.gif Yeah, I love it too. It's pretty impossible.

QUOTE(Nashvillan @ Jan 31 2008, 10:56 PM) View Post
I have already found the cave (shaped like a cross no less) and am stuck on a screen with a bunch of fast moving floor spikes (the northern point of the cross if you will) Those spikes take off 4 hearts with the blue tunic and the stepladder seems to be useless here. So how do you get to the blue skull and back across without dying AND without boots? Cause these spikes are just begging for boots.

EDIT: Nevermind... figured it out... ingenious way of thinking outside the box.

To anyone that may have this question in the future, don't try to get to the Blue Bubble. Make it come to you.

#17 Nashvillan

Nashvillan

Senior

• Members

Posted 02 February 2008 - 12:08 AM

Ok, defeated level 6 and have moved on to 7.

I seem to be stuck in two places.
Some hint somewhere referred to a guy I was supposed to hit upside the head... never found him.

I am inside one of the many confusing entrances to level 7 and I seem to be stuck. I do have the "eye of thundera" (sight beyond sight... get it?) But I am not sure where I am supposed to go next. I must have missed a key somewhere cause I managed to get to the boss room door (without the boss key, naturally) and I also defeated two of the 5 areas of level B3 (center and bottom right). I do have the map and compass. I've run up against a locked door and no key. Oh, and no wand and no titans mitt.

#18 KDillon

KDillon

Senior

• Members

Posted 02 February 2008 - 09:35 AM

i need some help really quick on this quest to
i cant find the keys to the entrance of the first doungen (im noob)
are they ALL in the swamp?

#19 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 February 2008 - 09:59 AM

^Yes, all three are in the swamp. I remember that one is in a chest at the westernmost part and you need to go around the edge of the swamp (north) to get it. I think there's one hidden behind a tree. I don't remember the third, but all are easy to get.

However, I'm stuck a tiny bit in Level 6. I covered the whole F2 and I miss only those 4 rooms on F1 that would net me the boss key. That is, I have hammer, L2 arrow, map, compass and when I used a passage to get to north F1, I went one room south and saw a locked door. I completely don't know where I could miss a key, except if it's in the room where you need to light a candle (northeast), but seemingly nothing happens. (Now I also remember a room where there is an arrow shaped jar pack and a cracked wall (northeast again), but I didn't remember I could get there anyhow.) I think I got all keys that required the L2 arrow, I remember shooting three sparkle eyeballs.

#20 Nashvillan

Nashvillan

Senior

• Members

Posted 02 February 2008 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Feb 2 2008, 08:59 AM) View Post

^Yes, all three are in the swamp. I remember that one is in a chest at the westernmost part and you need to go around the edge of the swamp (north) to get it. I think there's one hidden behind a tree. I don't remember the third, but all are easy to get.
However, I'm stuck a tiny bit in Level 6. I covered the whole F2 and I miss only those 4 rooms on F1 that would net me the boss key. That is, I have hammer, L2 arrow, map, compass and when I used a passage to get to north F1, I went one room south and saw a locked door. I completely don't know where I could miss a key, except if it's in the room where you need to light a candle (northeast), but seemingly nothing happens. (Now I also remember a room where there is an arrow shaped jar pack and a cracked wall (northeast again), but I didn't remember I could get there anyhow.) I think I got all keys that required the L2 arrow, I remember shooting three sparkle eyeballs.

If you are referring to triangle of candles with one burnt out, then yes there is something there. This refers back to the hint you paid 65 rupies to the guy with the huge mushroom hat.

Yes, you can get to that arrow shaped jar room. Do you remember fighting your way to find a "fairy" under a jar? I bet you were disappointed you came all that way for just a "fairy" and thought to yourself, "there's GOTTA be more here". Well.... there is.....

#21 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 February 2008 - 04:18 PM

^You know, I never pay for infos. A waste of money. Especially now that I have my shiny Lens of Truth! Yes, I managed to beat Level 6 before I read your reply. That fairy room... I was really disappointed but then realized the case much later. The triangle room... Well, I got frustrated and tried all items, so I accidentally found the right one, trala...

Anyway, do anybody know what are those pushable little graves in the graveyard for? There's nothing under them and my ultimate Lens of Truth shows nothing.

Oh, Pineconn! You know that you are a big swine, don't you? (pun) When I was still missing one last key, and reached the area where it needs to be used, I thought I pass through the red bubbles with keeping my sword... so I used a bomb to make me temporary invincible... And then poof! Heh... Very funny, Pineconn... very funny... *bursts out in laughing*

#22 Nashvillan

Nashvillan

Senior

• Members

Posted 02 February 2008 - 07:53 PM

Not all the pushable graves are empty! There is no Zelda chime on them.

You'll want to take notes on this one... the info is free this time... and you'll need it.

One way to avoid buying info is to save the game, then buy the info at first, then quit the game and select retry. You get the info and keep your money.

EDIT: Still stuck in 7 in the same spot...

2nd EDIT: Chaos, you're the Christmas DX author... I thought you looked familiar.

Edited by Nashvillan, 02 February 2008 - 07:56 PM.

#23 Pineconn

Pineconn

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 02 February 2008 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Feb 2 2008, 04:18 PM) View Post
Oh, Pineconn! You know that you are a big swine, don't you? (pun) When I was still missing one last key, and reached the area where it needs to be used, I thought I pass through the red bubbles with keeping my sword... so I used a bomb to make me temporary invincible... And then poof! Heh... Very funny, Pineconn... very funny... *bursts out in laughing*

icon_lol.gif

I'm not a noob when it comes to quest designing! I may appear to be one *points at post count*, but I have 2.3K posts at AGN. I know all the little tricks and cheats, and I've tried my very best to make this quest cheat-proof. And I see that I fixed the bomb-through-the-Red-Bubbles trick pretty well! icon_sly.gif

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Feb 2 2008, 04:18 PM) View Post
Anyway, do anybody know what are those pushable little graves in the graveyard for? There's nothing under them and my ultimate Lens of Truth shows nothing.

Yeah, pushing most little gravestones bears no fruit. Usually you'll find more secrets by pushing the big ones.

QUOTE(Nashvillan) View Post

Some hint somewhere referred to a guy I was supposed to hit upside the head... never found him.

I think it specifically points you to the mountain. Try looking very close to the whistle warp of the mountain.

#24 TheOnlyOne

TheOnlyOne

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 03 February 2008 - 01:44 AM

Whee! I finished it. Thanks for the great quest pineconn!

Nashvillan: I think you need two or three keys to get the wand if you go north from the room with the boss door. Um... you should be able to gather plenty of keys. Look in the blood-stained rooms (as learned from one of the wall tiles.) Each one of those rooms has a key.

#25 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 February 2008 - 10:36 AM

I miss the last key of Level 7!

I got map, compass, Lens of Truth, Wand, L2 glove. I got the old man's key, the B3 corner keys, the green wizzrobe's key, I took all stone tablet hints, but I still miss one. Yes, I'm sure it will be the last one. If I got that key, I could get the northeast chest which is surely the boss key. I think this last key is at the west, in the trap room, but I bet there's a great amount of warps leading to it, because the neighbor rooms don't provide access there, and even the two northest B2 rooms are still missing.

Furthermore, I can't believe that the dodongo + fireballs + L2 glove room had only a red rupee as a reward...

EDIT: Meanwhile, I got the red tunic and three keys in the main Heaven Trail. I will use them to unlock the one remaining door in Level 7. But then I won't have enough keys for the Spirit Palace, so I will still need that last key!!!

#26 TheOnlyOne

TheOnlyOne

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 03 February 2008 - 12:25 PM

On the first floor south of the room with the lava pit that has jumping fire balls (near the start of the dungeon), there is a room with blue wizrobes and blue Lynals. There should be a way to get the key in the chest that I think you're talking about from there. That was the last key I got, at least; you might need a different one.

#27 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 February 2008 - 01:00 PM

Yes, I need a different one. That I got right after I got the new glove. Tell about a harder to find key, not a n00bish one... I thought everybody finds that certain key that I miss the last time. My last key must involve the teleport in the west trap room (a room full with traps, one melody sign, hookshot blocks) and the room south of it.

So, I used the Heaven Trail keys. I killed the boss. It was crazy. I mean the holes. It had an ALttP Giant Moldorm feeling, olololo.

Now I need the last key so I can go back to Heaven Trails and get the item that lets me into the wind palace. I already found Level 9.

#28 TheOnlyOne

TheOnlyOne

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 03 February 2008 - 01:10 PM

Wait, so you are trying to get to the chest in the trap room, or the warp in the trap room? The warp just takes you back up to floor one; the room south of it has a wall tile that tells you about the blood stained rooms.

Edit: You have gotten all the keys from B3 right? Lesse, did you get this key: there is a push block puzzle, but you push the blocks over the open ground to create tiles, you beat that room then go through the staircase to the west. You get a key from this blood-stained room before, but there is another key you can get down here with the titan's mit.

Edited by TheOnlyOne, 03 February 2008 - 01:18 PM.

#29 Pineconn

Pineconn

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 03 February 2008 - 03:26 PM

This post should help!

#30 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 February 2008 - 04:03 PM

TheOnlyOne's last reply led me to the key and I'm now in Level 8. (Spirit Palace was CRAZY!!!! *dies*)

Now, I need serious help in this wind nightmare. Wherever I go, I bump into either a boss lock block or a reflect fireball trap or a locked door. I got and used up two keys. Seems like the only way where I can go is the arrow puzzle at the west, but it's inhuman! I have the longbow and made it as fast as humanly possible, but I still got teleported out! What to do now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users