57 replies to this topic

#16 Human_Wormbaby

Human_Wormbaby

• Members

Posted 22 October 2004 - 12:17 AM

I ask myself...
Does gay marriage hurt me? No...
Will it make people happy? Yes..
If someone is religiously against it, will knowing that gay people are married make them go to hell? last time I checked, no...

So I believe that they should be allowed to be married.

#17 Valerie

Valerie

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 22 October 2004 - 12:14 PM

I think they should be able to get married. I know quite a few gay people, most of the guys I know are gay, and they are some of the nicest people that I have met, and it saddens me that they can't get married.

#18 Vincent

Vincent

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 22 October 2004 - 03:16 PM

Someone mentioned that homosexuals should not go through the church to get married. Thank you. I would think this to be the main reason Christians are against it. You don't have to be married in the eyes of the church to be married in the eyes of the law. The Christian Church is corrupt today, just like shortly after the beginning of it. I see way to many "christians" who hate sinners, when they should hate the sin but love the person. Yes, if homosexuals want to marry, then they should go for it, but leave the Christian Church out of their marriage.

#19 masterlink3000

masterlink3000

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 24 October 2004 - 09:03 AM

I'm against gay marriage. . . Why you ask. ARE FUTURE'S, FUTURE'S, FUTURE!!! icon_mad.gif

What happens to a man and women usally after they wed?

They have a child or children together and thier DNA goes furthe in time.

What happens if Man/Female weds the same sex?

No child or children and the future of thier DNA will not go furthe in time.

Thats why I'm apposed to it. . .it's a sin and against the law to me. . . Curse homosexuals.

#20 coinilius

coinilius

• Members

Posted 25 October 2004 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE(masterlink3000 @ Oct 24 2004, 08:03 AM)
I'm against gay marriage. . . Why you ask. ARE FUTURE'S, FUTURE'S, FUTURE!!! icon_mad.gif

What happens to a man and women usally after they wed?

They have a child or children together and thier DNA goes furthe in time.

Thats why I'm apposed to it. . .it's a sin and against the law to me. . . Curse homosexuals.

By that sort of logic, though, shouldn't infertile couples be prevented from getting married as well? In today's western society's, marriage is not just about procreation - people can and do have children outside of marriage all the time, people who can not or do not want to have children get married all the time as well.

Basing your arguement for allowing or not allowing gay marriage around the advancement of a couple's DNA through time seems, in my opinion, to be a fairly weak arguement. I'm not trying to attack you or anything, masterlink, it just seemed to me that there's more to the issue than just whether or not a union can produce children.

I think Plith, Radien and Vince have the right idea - churches shouldn't be forced to recognise gay marriages, but that doesn't mean that they some kind of civil union between people of the same sex couldn't be recognised by the state.

#21 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 25 October 2004 - 02:27 AM

Well, I don't think it should be allowed, because it is NOT natural. There are males, and there are females for a REASON. That reason is to make more males and females. I wish I knew who started gay marriages, so I could go smack them upside the head. Thank you Masterlink, for your very good comment.

#22 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 25 October 2004 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE(masterlink3000 @ Oct 24 2004, 07:03 AM)

*snicker* So, you're opposed to it because they won't be having children? So what happens to heterosexual couples who decide not to to have children? And since when is not having children a sin?

QUOTE(masterlink3000 @ Oct 24 2004, 07:03 AM)

I assure you, we have absolutely no reason to worry about the population decreasing in America. icon_rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(Hero Link @ Oct 25 2004, 12:27 AM)
Well, I don't think it should be allowed, because it is NOT natural.

I could name dozens of things offhand that are most definitely not natural, but are and should be legal.

Let's start with just one:
Chemotherapy.

#23 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 25 October 2004 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE(Radien @ Oct 25 2004, 02:40 AM)
I could name dozens of things offhand that are most definitely not natural, but are and should be legal.

Let's start with just one:
Chemotherapy.

That's to help people. It is my belief that gay marriage is wrong. They can't reproduce, which is the reason for the different sexes. They can adopt, yes, but than that child is brought up in a way different environment. That child will be treated differently, because he either has 2 dads, or 2 moms. I truthfully would not like to have 2 parents of the same sex, as I would be embarassed to go out into public. (I know someone is going to say, "Nobody said anything about any children", but I just did, and it a good reason not to allow gay marriage.)

#24 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 25 October 2004 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE(Radien @ Oct 25 2004, 03:40 AM)
I assure you, we have absolutely no reason to worry about thepopulation decreasing in America. icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh, yes we do. If gay couples get married (which are few and far between, by the way), our country -- no, world's population will decrease tenfold! Because no one's making babies anymore! And we'll all cease to exist! icon_frown.gif ... :rolleyes

Seriously... I'm with Radien here. I guess we should "curse" infertile couples and even people who wish not to have children as well. Marrige isn't all about making babies and having sex. It is also about loving one another, creating a bond so that you and the one you truly love can life your life together.

Also, open your mind, people. Think about France for a second... snails are a delicacy there. The majority of people in the West find it disgusting. Do people from here go over to France protesting against it? No, that's ridiculous. One could say that snails are not meant to be eaten, but that's in your eyes. They find snails to be a rather nice food there.

I know it's just a food product/animal, but... it's an example. I'm just explaining that what may not make sense to you may make sense to others.

Also, you guys tend to act as if gay people are bad, as if they're going to march up to you and start killing you. That they're horrible, evil, wicked sinners. I've even heard people wish homosexuals death because they're sinners. That's damn stupid, IMO, especially of a Christian. Christians are even supposed to be merciful people, at least in my eyes... yet some are so damn uptight about God that they wish death upon people just because they sin! That's freaking ridiculous, IMO. My parents are Christians and they don't complain.

Homosexuals are normal people, they're just attracted to the same sex. They're not wicked and evil like some seem to think. Some are creepy, some aren't. Just like normal every day straight people.

Anyway... that's just my two cents. Feel free to complain, but I probably won't respond if you don't bring up a valid point.

EDIT: Quick little grammar correction.

EDIT #2:

That child will be treated differently, because he either has 2 dads, or 2 moms. I truthfully would not like to have 2 parents of the same sex, as I would be embarassed to go out into public.

Yeah. People also get divorced, too. No one complains, yet some children have to live a different life than most because their parents got divorced and seperated. What's different about the two things? They're the same thing; something that's different than most families. I know divorce is common, but the common picture of a family includes a mother and father.

Again, two cents, blah blah frickity blah.

Edited by Ben, 25 October 2004 - 03:01 AM.

• LikeLike888 likes this

#25 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 25 October 2004 - 04:38 AM

Hero Link:

Okay, you've got a point there, and the other stuff is definitely a valid belief. I could argue against it, but for one thing I don't feel like being that aggressive... Secondly, we're on the verge of branching into two different debates here. icon_shrug.gif One is whether gay marriage is wrong; the other is whether it should be legal. Yes, the two are separate. There are countless acts that are legal and yet morally wrong, and even more importantly, illegal acts that are morally right.

That's why we have separation of church and state... because the point of our government is to protect a person's freedom of choice so long as they don't tread on other people's rights. Not necessarily to force morality on them.

Anyway, which would you like to discuss? Mixing the two gets rather messy. I'd rather avoid the religious side, because I don't enjoy sounding preachy about religion unless someone specifically asks me to say what I think.....

Ben:

Umm... I'm glad you agree, but those are some shakey examples. :\ Few of us have a moral objection to eating snails...we just don't want to try it. That's more of a cultural discrepancy than a conflict in values.

Edited by Radien, 25 October 2004 - 04:42 AM.

#26 Ccc

Ccc

Adept

• Members

Posted 25 October 2004 - 08:09 AM

People often use the excuses the its “unnatural” or go's against the “sanctity of marriage” when really it solely religious resin, humans are unnatural creatures, we drive burn fossil fuels, use electricity, we live in artificially constructed homes as we ingest artificial and synthesized chemicals so to say guy marriage is wrong cause its unnatural is hypocritical and as for the “Sanctity of marriage” reason 1: half the marriages in this country end is divorce and 2: marriage was originally and threw out most of history a an arrangement between the parents or the the two or more individual's most often for political, financial or property reasons, only in the past 2 hundred years has love people married for love, so there is no “ sanctity” to marriage. The only real reasons people are against it is religious reasons and religion must stay out the government just as government must stay out of religion cause when government gets into religion and or religion gets into government, innocent people get persecuted.

And remember for humans, sex is more than just reproduction or love, its also pleaser. And homosexuals are more than sexily attracted to the same sex, they also fall in love with those of the same sex.

This go's to all who are against gay marriage. Sorry to be so rude but I just need to say this in a place were people will actually read it. Who the hell do you think you are? Who gave you the right to tell people what they can and can not do with there life's? And there not hearting any one or any thing. Why the hell should you care?

#27 masterlink3000

masterlink3000

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 25 October 2004 - 08:30 AM

I'm not saying its wrong to love, I'm saying saying it's wrong to marry the same sex. . .

Like I said before, they can't get pregant. . . But two lesbians can get autoficial insimination done, but whats the purpose of that if you don't get married to the one you love of the oppisite sex and have children, for thats what most couples do. and if they are not married, they don't get married. . . The reason we live today is to live tomarrow and the next day and after that and after that. . .

We live till theres a end for us and then our children live for on till thier end and thier children live.

Sorry if I went off topic. . .

Anyways, homosexuals should have no rights, they are abombanation and against religion. . .

What happens to a homosexual if they die. . . theres no going to Heaven, for it's against religion. . . and it's a sin. . . so where they will be going to is HELL!

I'm sorry I'm little crazy about this, once homosexual hit on me and now I hate them all. . . Sorry but thats the way I am. icon_shrug.gif

Edited by masterlink3000, 25 October 2004 - 08:34 AM.

#28 FireStorm

FireStorm

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 25 October 2004 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE(Ccc @ Oct 25 2004, 09:09 AM)
People often use the excuses the its “unnatural”  or go's against the “sanctity of marriage” when really it solely religious resin, humans are unnatural creatures, we drive burn fossil fuels, use electricity, we live in artificially constructed homes as we ingest artificial and synthesized chemicals so to say guy marriage is wrong cause its unnatural is hypocritical and as for the “Sanctity of marriage” reason 1: half the marriages in this country end is divorce and 2: marriage was originally and threw out most of history a an arrangement between the parents or the the two or more individual's most often for political, financial or property reasons, only in the past 2 hundred years has love people married  for love, so there is no “ sanctity” to marriage. The only real reasons people are against it is religious reasons and religion must stay out the government just as government must stay out of religion cause when government gets into religion and or religion gets into government, innocent people get persecuted.

Just because we are hypocritical in what we do and so forth doesn't mean gay marriage isn't wrong. Yes, we are unnatural creatures, but gay marriage is a terrible sin. We pervert a lot of things. It doesn't make gay marriage right.

Yes, I believe the "sanctity of marriage" is ruined once you throw out the rules. You all are saying you want it to be allowed that two men or two women can be married. Well, if we make that a law, you have virtually implied marriage can be whatever you want. So, if I want to marry an animal...maybe that should be allowed, too. Or my car. Or my computer. If I love my computer genuinely, why shouldn't I be allowed to marry it? If that animal loves me back sincerely, we should be married.

Let me ask all of you. If there were two groups of parents in front of you (and I know this isn't real, but that's not the point), the first group being two men, and the second group being a man and a woman, which would you choose to be your parents? Because if you choose the group with both men, you are not receiving a proper matriarchal (?) upbringing. The same with two women, no patriarchal upbringing. I know I would choose the NATURAL choice, the group with the mother AND the father. Oh, and the whole procreation thing. You cannot procreate with gay marriage! Oh, I see. Regular marriage is still okay, too, because the people with gay marriages need children to adopt. Oh, so we're supposed to make babies for YOU? Right.

CCC: 1) 1/2 of marriages end in divorce. That's really unfortunate. Terrible. But would you mind explaining how a child who is experiencing a turbulence of emotions after his mother and father split would react if his father suddenly fell in love with another guy? (now this is assuming the father has custody of the child) The child has grown up with a mother, and all ofa sudden, he doesn't have one? The same with two mothers. This isn't the most realistic example, but pretend it's you.

2) Yes, marriage was just a big show for money in centuries past. I won't deny that. But I don't really see how that somehow makes it okay to allow gay marriage.

You say religion must stay out of the government. And I agree, it must stay out somewhat. But, what do all coins say? "In WHAT we trust?" God! The pledge of alleigance! "Under GOD!"
It was a commonly accepted idea that God existed in society back then, and only that has changed with the ages. The Founding Fathers stuck God in there because everybody used to believe He existed. The same with gay marriage. Everybody used to believe it was wrong. It was a cultural taboo of sorts. Only through the ages have our perceptions of marriage changed. Why after 200 some odd years is it suddenly wrong for there to be a 10 Commandments placard in Alabama?

And one more thing: for a marriage system that has worked for thousands of years in society (between a man and a woman), without major problems, why should I place my trust in some Massachusetts politician who all of a sudden comes up with his own standards for marriage to be ruled in court? Or even a political party, for that matter (one which I happen to disagree with on most occasions)?

Two phrases: appeal to pity, appeal to emotion. Plus some nifty facts. icon_wink.gif

Edited by FireStorm, 25 October 2004 - 08:42 AM.

#29 Ccc

Ccc

Adept

• Members

Posted 25 October 2004 - 09:40 AM

1: My point was whether its natural or not, makes no difference, humans are unnatural creatures.
2: You missed my point, my point was there is no sanctity to marriage, what so ever.
3: it depends on what they were thought, the opened minded wouldn't care, the closed would.
4:Live and let live, you have no right to say that some one can't get married just because there the same sex (actually you do but you have no right to try and stop them) if it go's against your religion, don't do it. If some one els dose something that go's against your religion, that doesn't make then bad or evil. Judge every one by how they treat others and how they have others treat others, not on whether they do things that violate your religious ideology. You'll find theres allot of people that do thinks that violate your religious ideology are very good people.
Religion MUST stay out of government, when religion gets into government or government gets into religion, innocent people get oppressed.
How would you feel if the dolor said in Buda we tryst or in Alla we trust? Thank about that for a minuet.

#30 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 October 2004 - 11:04 AM

Reproduction is going quite well in the world today, so I don't see why people are complaining. icon_shrug.gif

But, like HL said. Males and females exist for a reason, to reproduce... have offspring. But yes, there are heterosexuals much like myself who do not want kids, thus... the problems people have with gays should be that of the same with people like me, right?

I understand masterlink's hatred for them... I'd probably hate them too if one hit on me. But, I'm somewhat a shady chracter, so that won't happen... not gothic, but... you'd know if you knew my true personality.

Me, I'm self-centered which is sort of a reason I don't want kids. I know I won't care for my children if I had them, I'd be caring about myself. I do desire a relationship with a girl as much as I hate to admit it, but I know I'd be a very bad father so I don't need to put others through the same BS I go through in life. But me, I'd kill myself if I were gay... I'm sorry but I would. I'm already on the verge of going insane, so any more BS might make me commit that act.

I say leave gays alone. Let them marry and act as they want, and only take action if they try and flirt with you. By action, not something physical... but social. Tell them you're straight and walk away... if they continue, then do what you wish form there I say.

But truly, mariage is for those who love each other, so there's no problem with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users