Photo

Screenshot of the Week 96

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick your favorite screenshot. (67 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick your favorite screenshot.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 24 July 2005 - 10:01 AM

Gashin
user posted image
Here's Link, on his way through the hills to the Tamaranch Mountain Range.

IaN
user posted image

Kitsune
user posted image
Test shot from my new quest's first area.

Shoelace
user posted image
The last SotW screen of The Hero of Dreams.

zmaster
user posted image
Temple of the Tides...aka the Wooden Sword minidungeon.

#2 skateboarder11

skateboarder11

Adept

• Members

Posted 24 July 2005 - 10:21 AM

Wow, some pretty good shots this week. o_o

Gashin: once again, some excellent BS/TMC mixes.
IaN: Hm... I suppose it's alright. I don't know why I'm not liking this. (the huge enemies, probably...) The tiles are great, though.
Kitsune: Eh, this is kinda like my SOTW42 shot. Nice Tails sprite. however... (I kinda think Gashin made it. icon_razz.gif)
Shoelace: Pure greatness. (no pun intended icon_rolleyes.gif) The design here is absolutely PERFECT.
zmaster: Not SOTW-winning material, but you're off to a very nice start. I like this shot.

I voted for Shoelave. icon_razz.gif

#3 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 24 July 2005 - 10:21 AM

Agh! I have a weak spot for winter pictures. So Shoelace gets my vote. But IaN's shot is great too. Especially those characters look fabulous.

#4 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 24 July 2005 - 11:19 AM

Gashin: I like the Palette. Very Uniform. Very Pleasing. Not THAT much variation in tiles though, but you know effort has been placed into it anyway. Seems "too" active. Hard to believe, but it does. Still, I love all the added details. Details often make the shot, and it's very, very difficult not to deny it for that sake alone. icon_wink.gif

IaN: By Golly, it's TMC Images! icon_razz.gif The extra details are PHENOMINAL though. I can tell by the frames and borders that it's going to be a very dark quest, if finished or played.

Kitsune: The Tails Character is DEFINITELY the highlight of this shot. It looks very, very good. icon_smile.gif Tree layout is fairly nice too. Add more to the right side of the screen though. icon_wink.gif

Shoelace: Break out your winter coats, everybody! It's WINTER Time! icon_biggrin.gif .. Why Are those trees near the top not covered in snow though? O.O'

zmaster: I really liked this shot. It REALLY conveyed the images of a Temple Of Tides. It honestly amazed me. Colors were perfect. Layout, extravagant. Details? Sure.
*Votes*

#5 Moldorm

Moldorm

Magus

• Members

Posted 24 July 2005 - 11:51 AM

Voted for Gashin! Amazing shot! Yay! Och,but IaN is very good too. icon_wink.gif

#6 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 24 July 2005 - 12:12 PM

Gashin: You have to release those flags... they're really awesome. I love the look of the grass, too.

IaN: Awesome MC tiles there, not to mention the subscreen. That's probably one of the best subscreens I've ever seen, great job. icon_kawaii.gif

Kitsune: I thought you said something about emulating 32 colors in chat. icon_blink.gif Anyway, it's pretty good, the sprite really looks nice.

Shoelace: Nice winter screen there, and a really nice variety of tiles. icon_thumbsup.gif

zmaster: Again, nice variety of tiles, and I like the use of the water tiles in the dungeon. icon_smile.gif

My vote is swayed between Gashin and IaN, but the subscreen pulls IaN above, so I voted for him. icon_biggrin.gif

#7 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 24 July 2005 - 12:56 PM

IaN.. @_@ That's gotta be one of the best ZC Shots I have ever seen. @_@

#8 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 24 July 2005 - 01:21 PM

Ian, oh my gosh! Absolutely amazing! icon_freak.gif Subscreen is awesome!

#9 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 24 July 2005 - 01:27 PM

Put another down for Gashin. These are the types of overworld mazes I enjoy, confusing without looking too unnatural. Excellent design!

#10 ZeldaLord

ZeldaLord

Legendary Hero

• Members

Posted 24 July 2005 - 01:50 PM

Gashin: Graphically, this screams to me "Default BS mountain screen", though looking at it again, I really do like the extra details throughout. Design wise, it's is very impressive, and you've made very good use of the BS mountain tiles, even if you haven't modifed them much. icon_smile.gif

Ian: The sprites are obviously the best thing about this screenshot, but that's not to say that the rest isn't good, either. icon_razz.gif The general layout of the screen is pleasant, and I'd like to see exactly how you've implement the enemies in ZC. There's only two things I can see that could use improvement, and that's the amount of detail on the dirt (it's pretty much all brown right now), and the stump at the bottom of the screen, ehich looks weird.

Kitsune:Quite a mixed bag here. The left side of the screen is great, the trees are laid out in quite a natural way, and it doesn't come across as too artificial, which is often a problem with Pure overworld tiles. icon_smile.gif The right hand side lets this screen down though. Aside from the Tails sprite, you've got what looks to me like a great big mass of green. You really should add a few more objects to that area, such as bushes and trees, but don't make it look too random (i.e, if you add bushes, concentrate on one type).

Shoelace: I agree with BH4 here, those trees at the top look a bit out of place. The screen design is very nice, though I'm not usre about the Octoroks in the water. icon_confused.gif icon_razz.gif

Zmaster: This really does seem to set the mood for the whole dungeon. I'm a little unsure about the Triforce tiles, but I really like the way you've used those shoreline tiles. icon_biggrin.gif

#11 Aaron

Aaron

AKA partymetroid

• Members

Posted 24 July 2005 - 02:16 PM

IaN = Winnar for awesome subscreen and sweet sprites ^.^

#12 August Yifu

August Yifu

Magus

• Banned

Posted 24 July 2005 - 02:21 PM

GAK! I wan't even thinking about the Tails sprite when I took that shot. Gashin made that, I'll just say that now. >.> I'm allowed to use it but.. heh, whatever. icon_razz.gif

Hope he doesen't kill me. x_x

I null voted to see if anyone voted for me, but IaN's is the best there IMO. (Damn TMC tiles.. >_>)

#13 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 24 July 2005 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE(Kitsune @ Jul 24 2005, 12:21 PM)
GAK! I wan't even thinking about the Tails sprite when I took that shot. Gashin made that, I'll just say that now. >.> I'm allowed to use it but.. heh, whatever. icon_razz.gif

Hope he doesen't kill me. x_x

I'd kill you because you didn't vote for me, but since you didn't vote for anyone else, I suppose I can let you live... for now

and honestly, I don't mind if you use that sprite. you gave credit to me for making it, so I have no problem with it

#14 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 24 July 2005 - 04:24 PM

I null voted, to be fair. But I will critique the entries.

Gashin: Nice shot you got there. The MC octoroks also help.

IaN: Nice layout & minimap (and more MC tiles) but the sprites seem a little big and those cracks seem out of place.

Shoelace: Lotta detail in that shot. Octoroks walking on frozen water...

me: Stupid colors are messed up. I used those Triforce tiles because they work with the borders. Lastly, the switch, tile on the left, & dead end work with the gimmick of the minidungeon.

Edited by zmaster, 24 July 2005 - 04:25 PM.

#15 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 24 July 2005 - 05:44 PM

Gashin's shot was awesome... I almost voted for IaN's becuase its cool...

But IaN's is just a little eplain... But They were close. Everybody else was... so-so...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users