Flip First

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Shoshon the Elegant

Shoshon the Elegant

White Tiger King!

• Forum Staff

Posted 14 August 2020 - 09:10 AM

b55e35080b6fdc83ca7e83604ebd82e57de629b0  5883549e131afe23a6a95a8154d48079491d1a73  c7fb1699e6868e1c134f11ce2aaa739d2d50b0fc

b938ca6bd4591642c44a2a0f54dcab93030417cd  d8c657f6531a513952ac45c074081904e4b8c4a0

Download Here

ZC VERSION:

2.55, Alpha 78

FLIP FIRST

This was an idea originally conceived by an old staff members, Neppy. The idea of this quest is very simple. Take Legend of Zelda's first quest, and remake it. However, for a twist, this quest flips the overworld and the dungeons. Therefore, the overworld is designed like a dungeon, and the dungeons are designed like overworlds. About 99% of the secrets are preserved exactly as they were in the original Legend of Zelda. Where they differ is dependent on screens that would originally have needed two secrets in the same room. However, in most cases I have taken action to keep those secrets in some form.

This quest is made with 4 way movement, no slash and 3 heart continues.

If you do not wish to play with these restrictions, you may open the quest file and change as you desire.

• Neppy, Anthus and Matthew like this

#2 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 16 August 2020 - 06:34 PM

When I read the title I thought the entire joke would be you had to play an entire quest with flipped slash. :goof:

• Anthus, Jenny and Aquamentus (Facing Right) like this

#3 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• Members

Posted 17 August 2020 - 04:24 AM

My wand fire is boomerangs. Also passageways seem to try to boot me out when I enter them. Otherwise yeah, this is pretty faithful if somewhat jank 1st quest. I think if you do a post contest version the overworld can use a lot of work because it does not give a good first impression. Dungeons on the other hand are passably pleasant to look at, though the constant and seemingly intentional clipping through solid stuff due to dungeon dmaps is a bit strange.

Edited by Moosh, 17 August 2020 - 04:48 AM.

#4 Shoshon the Elegant

Shoshon the Elegant

White Tiger King!

• Forum Staff

Posted 17 August 2020 - 06:01 AM

My wand fire is boomerangs. Also passageways seem to try to boot me out when I enter them. Otherwise yeah, this is pretty faithful if somewhat jank 1st quest. I think if you do a post contest version the overworld can use a lot of work because it does not give a good first impression. Dungeons on the other hand are passably pleasant to look at, though the constant and seemingly intentional clipping through solid stuff due to dungeon dmaps is a bit strange.

Oof. I never even tried using the wand. xD That would be a tileset thing.

Yeah. I didn't know what to do to fix the passageways. I heard there's a quest rule to fix that. But it appears it was on the second page of combos which was crashing ZC every time I tried to get into it while making this. It was specifically and Alpha 78 issue. Though I'd still need to know how to fix it.

And alright. Yeah. I kind of got tired after the dungeons and just decided to stop on making the overworld the last couple days of the contest. I didn't think it'd matter. Any suggestions?

And I can look into the screen transitions too. It is kind of intentional. But I can throw in some little solid combos to reduce that jank effect.

#5 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 17 August 2020 - 12:27 PM

A Very Nice New Zelda 1 First Quest Its Fully But Stil i found a Bug in Level 9 with one Staircase Other Think was a Funny think with the Wand were The Flames have Gravity :D

#6 Shoshon the Elegant

Shoshon the Elegant

White Tiger King!

• Forum Staff

Posted 17 August 2020 - 12:35 PM

A Very Nice New Zelda 1 First Quest Its Fully But Stil i found a Bug in Level 9 with one Staircase Other Think was a Funny think with the Wand were The Flames have Gravity :D

Oh. Did one of the staircases not work? I thought I tested all of them.
  • Lordkronos likes this

#7 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 18 August 2020 - 05:02 AM

Oh. Did one of the staircases not work? I thought I tested all of them.

It was one From Ganon Volcano I Think the First one which Pushed me always Out again i Must Push in the Other Direction so i Could go One otherndaolse i Were out Again :D

#8 Shoshon the Elegant

Shoshon the Elegant

White Tiger King!

• Forum Staff

Posted 18 August 2020 - 05:20 AM

It was one From Ganon Volcano I Think the First one which Pushed me always Out again i Must Push in the Other Direction so i Could go One otherndaolse i Were out Again :D

Oh. I already know that. I wasn't able to try to fix it because ZC was crashing every time I tried to. But I'll have it fixed when it goes on the database.

#9 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 September 2020 - 09:49 PM

A month late, but I finally had a chance to play this in its entirety.  Very nicely done, and only in two weeks!  It's been a while since I have touched ZC, and this was a good way to get back into it.  I am a classic Zelda player at heart, so this fits well.

• Matthew likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users