ZC 2.50.1 RC3

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#91 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:34 AM

That's pretty amazing. Thank you so much! This will definitely save a lot of time.

Making string-related decisions that affect every string when in the middle of a quest are an unbelievable hassle. Hopefully not so much anymore.

There wouldn't happen to be a way to hold in a keyboard key when opening a string to make it open in the Attributes tab rather than the String tab by default? One more time-saving thing. All the fun stuff is in the Attributes tab, and it's the tab that people open as their second thought/action, with the actual string creation being the first activity within each string, of course.

Muffins for you sir. Muffins for you.

#92 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:57 AM

That all sounds great, Saffith. :) Thanks for working on that.

I agree, though.  That checkbox only makes the most sense when opening a new string.

#93 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 27 September 2014 - 10:14 AM

Any chance we can ditch the text line and directly edit from the preview instead? Make it more like a true document editor where instead of typing out raw text with color codes and stuff like that you just highlight the word or group of words you want to edit the style or color. If it overflows the messagebox, the preview expands vertically, with a divider between both segments, and in-game the boxes are automatically connected to each other. Advanced features could be script cues in the text itself, where when a parser hits a special character in the string it executes that script with the option of continuing that message or wait until the message is complete, or option branches for easier dialog trees.

#94 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 27 September 2014 - 10:20 AM

That would be nice, but I think that might definitely be getting too much to shove into a RC version. :P I'm also not sure how well that would work with the string control codes.

#95 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 27 September 2014 - 11:56 AM

There wouldn't happen to be a way to hold in a keyboard key when opening a string to make it open in the Attributes tab rather than the String tab by default?

Haven't been able to manage that. Tab panels are a bit confusing.

Any chance we can ditch the text line and directly edit from the preview instead?

Not in this version, I'm afraid. That's going to require extensive reworking of the GUI code.

#96 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 27 September 2014 - 12:22 PM

I added copy/paste properties, as well as the option to use an existing message as a template for new ones.

That renders the "Duplicate" button almost useless, doesn't it? If I removed the duplication functionality, it would just add a new string after the current selection. That would probably be more useful.

Edit: Trying that out now. I can also add a checkbox to follow from the previous string:
editor.png
Should that only be enabled when adding a new string? Seems odd to have it there in other cases.

I Wants an Option to put in Colors or Transparent - 'Behind the text strings here instead of just making them - in game', so i can make the villagers speak and talk - Make an A button type click option where Each single tile can hold a string message session or more.

Option1_zpsa32fc370.jpg

It gets tiring copying and pasting the same message box screens just to tile message boxes so that the strings appear within them or their color.

('.. I am over-compulsive Lizzy,  i like to add civilization too my Wise-man caves without worrying about string text areas overlapping the old wise-men themselves speaking in their caves.*)

Hence:  'Constant Insta-warp by timer or tile - just too another screen just to completes a scene or message.'

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 29 September 2014 - 04:26 PM.

#97 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 27 September 2014 - 12:29 PM

I dunno if this has been asked before, but how hard would it be to implement the ZQuest Midi Tracker's postion feature into a Zscript fuction so that you can call specific points in a song? Something like Game->PlayMIDI2(int track, int position)?

#98 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 27 September 2014 - 12:33 PM

I dunno if this has been asked before, but how hard would it be to implement the ZQuest Midi Tracker's postion feature into a Zscript fuction so that you can call specific points in a song? Something like Game->PlayMIDI2(int track, int position)?

Saffith already mentioned that he's not going to add anything that would break backwards compatibility.  So, any new ZScript function (no matter how nice it would be like the one you mentioned), won't be added because anybody who takes that quest and tries to play it in standard ZC 2.50.0 won't be able to without issues.

#99 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 27 September 2014 - 12:36 PM

I just did a search and now I feel stupid. That makes sense enough though.

#100 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 28 September 2014 - 01:18 AM

I've done about all I expect to. If there isn't anything important (and doable) left, I'll call it done within a week.
  • David likes this

#101 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:00 AM

Wow, didn't meowtice this one for a looong time ... finally I should be able to import DMaps again, it was such a pain having them to re-do instead of copy-pasting to prevent a crash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users