Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:44 PM

Sorry it's taken so long.

Windows
Mac
Linux

There's been a change in the Mac build process; it should work as far back as 10.4 now. Let me know if it doesn't or if there are undesirable side effects.

Edit: A few changes didn't make it into the Windows build originally. It's now been updated.
  • Rambly, MoscowModder, Evan20000 and 4 others like this

#2 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:46 PM

Thanks so much for your hard work, Saffith! I'll be trying this out to see if there are any undesirable bugs and I'll report them here. Thanks again! :D

• Evan20000 likes this

#3 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:50 PM

Chrome is blocking the Windows download, saying it is malicious.

It is not malicious.

For those seeking a changelog, I'll spoiler it here:

Spoiler

• Lemmy Koopa and alek like this

#4 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:37 PM

* Link can no longer turn around while charging the hammer.

Kinda wondering the reason for this. I never really saw the problem of being able to turn around while charging it since you can't walk around anyway. Would've preferred this to be a quest rule.

Anyway, I'll experiment with this build later on. 

EDIT: Um, charging the hammer now is really buggy when testing my quest.. It's 4-way Movement if that makes a difference. 

Either I can rotate all directions but down while charging, I can only rotate left and right, or only up and down.  It seems to change depending on what direction I'm facing when I start charging and whether i'm on the top half, or bottom half of a tile.

Edited by HylianGlaceon, 26 August 2014 - 10:56 PM.

• KingPridenia likes this

#5 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:51 PM

This was a bug? Hopefully there aren't any quests out there that expect you to pound two hammer combos at once. :P

* Improved Link's interaction with damage combos in sideview.

Heck yeah!

* Peahats are invincible while moving again.

:gonk:

• Xenix likes this

#6 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:04 PM

This was a bug? Hopefully there aren't any quests out there that expect you to pound two hammer combos at once. :P

You couldn't do that before even with Hammer flipping.

In addition to the bugs I edited in above, with diagonal movement, it seems to be unaffected. I can charge and turn with the Hammer just fine. I'm a bit confused now.

#7 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:06 PM

I think these changes are more for polish factors rather than bug fixing.

#8 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:23 PM

You can't turn while charging for the quake hammer, I meant. You can still turn during regular hammer attacks.

#9 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:01 AM

You can't turn while charging for the quake hammer, I meant. You can still turn during regular hammer attacks.

I assumed that's what it was, I tested with the Quake Hammer with those results. I'll experiment with a fresh file later on to see if it still acts the same.

#10 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:44 AM

And you can still turn just after you press the button, since it doesn't start charging right away.

#11 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:43 AM

I'm still able to turn after fully charging it, so I'm not sure what's up with it. I double checked and I'm definitely using 2.50.1 RC3 and not any of the other versions. A fresh file yielded the same results, so it doesn't just seem to be my quest file from before.

I downloaded the Windows one and am on a Windows 8 Laptop if that makes any difference.

#12 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:59 AM

Funny how this always comes up after I already have to re-download ZC. I just finished re-organizing my projects so each quest has its own copy of ZQuest to go with it (for ghost.zh purposes), and now I've got to replace each one.

Oh well. Slight inconvenience, awesome results. Can't wait to try the new version and see if it fixes any issues I've been having.

#13 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:36 AM

This might sound like a dumb question, but should I use the most recent RC when playing older (pre 2.50) quests? I know 2.50 quests always have a recommended version based on what they were built and tested in, but for like 1.92 and earlier is more what I'm curious about. I've played a lot lately and had some situations where I've suspected I've encountered issues that didn't exist back in 1.92. Just curious really.

#14 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:01 AM

From my understanding, the perspective of the devs is that you should be able to play every single quest ever released (except for maybe ones made in a ZC 2.50 beta/alpha version) in the newest version of ZC.  If you run into something that seems to be a bug, you'll need to inform them of that (preferably in the bug forums on AGN so that they can track stuff).

#15 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:26 AM

I just tried downloading the windows version, but it gave me 404 page. Has the file been moved / deleted?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users