#1 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:02 PM

Windows
Mac
Linux

Quests saved in RC4 will not work correctly in RC3.

Windows users, if you're using an existing ag.cfg file, make sure it does not have zc_win_proc_fix=1 or zq_win_proc_fix=1 set. Otherwise, we'll assume those are responsible for any random crashes.

#2 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

What are the major changes made from RC3?

*Downloads*

#3 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

thanks for all of your hard work, Saffith and the other developers.

#4 Chakaa

Chakaa

Hench 4 Life

• Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

God damn it, I just started working on my quest in RC3

*angrily downloads*

Seriously though, nice work. How close are we to a final release of 2.5?

Edited by FefeRawft, 18 August 2012 - 10:25 PM.

#5 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:31 PM

see http://shardstorm.com for the changelog.

#6 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:32 PM

This one should work fine "out-of-the-box". icon_wink.gif

**Note - PLEASE DO NOT POST BUGS OR PROBLEMS WITHOUT READING THIS FIRST**
* Files saved with RC4 will be corrupted if opened in previous versions.
* It is suggested to let the agn.cfg file be auto-generated instead of copying an old one.
* The configuration settings: "*_win_proc_fix" and "zc_color_depth" are considered deprecated and no support is given for these if you have issues with them. (These are disabled by default)

How To:
* Copy/Paste enemies in the enemy editor: highlight enemy->hold "["(copy) key->click edit or double-click. To paste an enemy repeat the process except use the "]" (paste) key.
* Auto-generate (aka; fill) door combo templates based on current open door setup: Hold "Shift" while clicking the auto button. (Useful for new tileset creation for example.)

[edit] This information should probably be available in the first post. (I was too slow in replying I guess...)

#7 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE(Guardian @ Aug 18 2012, 10:24 PM) View Post

What are the major changes made from RC3?

*Downloads*

Here's the changelog. It's everything since build 1489. There's quite a bit of stuff that has been fixed and added. No super major features, but there's some nice stuff. icon_smile.gif

Thanks for all your hard work, devs. icon_smile.gif It's nice to see this release. There's been some stuff I've been looking forward to.

I'll have to make a new version of ZCM soon to take full advantage of some of the new stuff. icon_thumbsup.gif

#8 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:37 PM

Oh wow, RC4's actually released. Thanks for all the work devs! Let me get this straight. If there are no big bugs with this version, it will be release as 2.5, right?

#9 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:39 PM

Yeah, we're hoping (and expecting, for now) that there won't be an RC5.
I'd like to say we'll be finished this year, but we've learned not to make promises like that. icon_razz.gif

#10 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE(Saffith @ Aug 18 2012, 08:39 PM) View Post

I'd like to say we'll be finished this year, but we've learned not to make promises like that. icon_razz.gif

Yeah... remember back in December of '07, when 2.5 was right around the corner? Good times...

So how long of a period with no bugs reported does there have to be before you decide "There are no bugs, this is 2.5"? And then on a more technical note, why is everything in a "Zelda Classic" subfolder in the zip this time around, and why is the ZLaunch icon changed to yellow?

#11 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:44 PM

Yes, seriously thank you for all the hard work and dedication. I will totally be delivering freshly made sushi to your house when I find out where you live and then edit this post because it's getting sort of creepy.

Actually, if anything, will it ever be mentioned within the enemies editor page how to copy enemies? Right now the method isn't the simplest to discover on our own.

#12 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:45 PM

Well...I've already got the first bug. Looks like it wasn't fixed when I mentioned it in the last thread...

IPB Image IPB Image

As you can see, Link can still swim over solid tiles.

If I'm understanding it correctly, the brown tile means that it's a water combo with a solid combo on it. (on another layer):
http://img833.images...0/zelda003c.png
Those are the ones he can swim over, even though they are indeed solid.

Edited by Guardian, 18 August 2012 - 10:47 PM.

#13 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Aug 18 2012, 08:44 PM) View Post

Yes, seriously thank you for all the hard work and dedication. I will totally be delivering freshly made sushi to your house when I find out where you live and then edit this post because it's getting sort of creepy.
Actually, if anything, will it ever be mentioned within the enemies editor page how to copy enemies? Right now the method isn't the simplest to discover on our own.

QUOTE(Gleeok @ Aug 18 2012, 08:32 PM) View Post

This one should work fine "out-of-the-box". icon_wink.gif

**Note - PLEASE DO NOT POST BUGS OR PROBLEMS WITHOUT READING THIS FIRST**
* Files saved with RC4 will be corrupted if opened in previous versions.
* It is suggested to let the agn.cfg file be auto-generated instead of copying an old one.
* The configuration settings: "*_win_proc_fix" and "zc_color_depth" are considered deprecated and no support is given for these if you have issues with them. (These are disabled by default)

How To:
* Copy/Paste enemies in the enemy editor: highlight enemy->hold "["(copy) key->click edit or double-click. To paste an enemy repeat the process except use the "]" (paste) key.
* Auto-generate (aka; fill) door combo templates based on current open door setup: Hold "Shift" while clicking the auto button. (Useful for new tileset creation for example.)
[edit] This information should probably be available in the first post. (I was too slow in replying I guess...)

icon_rolleyes.gif

#14 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE(Guardian @ Aug 18 2012, 10:45 PM) View Post

Well...I've already got the first bug. Looks like it wasn't fixed when I mentioned it...

IPB Image IPB Image

As you can see, Link can still swim over solid tiles.

If I'm understanding it correctly, the brown tile means that it's a water combo with a solid combo on it. (on another layer):
http://img833.images...0/zelda003c.png
Those are the ones he can swim over, even though they are indeed solid.
While this should be fixed (if it's easily fixable), just swap your layers. icon_shrug.gif Have the water on layer 1/2 and the solid combo on layer 0.

#15 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

You know what I meant, Gleeok! icon_blah.gif I mean for future uses of the program, such as when people download 2.5 from sources other than this thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users