2.50 RC1

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#1 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:35 PM

This is now out of date. Download RC 2 instead.

The list of changes since beta 18 can be found at shardstorm.com.

Windows
Linux
Mac

Edit: There was a problem with the Windows build. If you got it before this edit, you should download it again.

#2 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:59 PM

I should mention that this doesn't appear to be an April Fools day joke. That makes me very happy indeed. @ @. Bleh, this day...

Right. Just one question though, please, and this has been nagging me for more than a couple of years... In Preview mode in ZQuest, we can press 1 or 2 to trigger the tile warp or side warp, respectively. But now that we have four tile warps, what's up with that? What buttons will trigger the other three tile warps?

#3 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:50 PM

I see that two of the fixes were problems I found in SoR...eeexcellent...Now I just hope that I'll be able to open the Mac version when it comes out. Will it be compatible with Version 10.6.3?

#4 Giggidy

Giggidy

We live for chaos so that we may die for ourselves.

• Banned

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:24 PM

May I ask, what kind of RC is this? A "We're almost certain this is what we're going to release very very soon if no bugs are found" RC or a Microsoft-style "gamma" RC?

#5 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Apr 1 2011, 04:59 PM) View Post
Right. Just one question though, please,In Preview mode in ZQuest, we can press 1 or 2 to trigger the tile warp or side warp, respectively. But now that we have four tile warps, what's up with that? What buttons will trigger the other three tile warps?

Hm. Yeah, that needs fixed. I'll expand it to 1-8, I guess.

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Apr 1 2011, 05:50 PM) View Post
Now I just hope that I'll be able to open the Mac version when it comes out. Will it be compatible with Version 10.6.3?

It's intended to be compatible with everything the older builds were.

QUOTE(Giggidy @ Apr 1 2011, 06:24 PM) View Post
May I ask, what kind of RC is this? A "We're almost certain this is what we're going to release very very soon if no bugs are found" RC or a Microsoft-style "gamma" RC?

More the first. We're really about ready to be done with this.

#6 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE(Saffith @ Apr 1 2011, 04:48 PM) View Post

It's intended to be compatible with everything the older builds were.

Well B18 didn't seem compatible with my mac. IDK if it was the same for all macs or something. Also, the newer numbered builds were the same...IDK if there's like a leopard update that I don't have or something...

#7 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:45 PM

when i used this and played my quest with it, the screen would always be black except when scrolling to another screen, also, some layers weren't showing up in certain places, and i had to scroll between screens so I could see it. I have even reopened my quest in zquest and it looks perfectly fine, checked the combos, also fine. i mean, you can see link, his items, the subscreen, and the enemies, but everything else is black. what's up? would there be a possibility that you could replicate this and fix it?

Edited by Sepulcher, 01 April 2011 - 06:46 PM.

#8 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Apr 1 2011, 07:23 PM) View Post
Well B18 didn't seem compatible with my mac. IDK if it was the same for all macs or something. Also, the newer numbered builds were the same...IDK if there's like a leopard update that I don't have or something...

That was unintended. It should work, and that's what _L_'s working on. I don't know any details beyond that.

QUOTE(Sepulcher @ Apr 1 2011, 07:45 PM) View Post
when i used this and played my quest with it, the screen would always be black except when scrolling to another screen, also, some layers weren't showing up in certain places, and i had to scroll between screens so I could see it. I have even reopened my quest in zquest and it looks perfectly fine, checked the combos, also fine. i mean, you can see link, his items, the subscreen, and the enemies, but everything else is black. what's up? would there be a possibility that you could replicate this and fix it?

Huh, can't imagine why that would happen... Yeah, send me the quest, would you? Maybe try it with a new save file first, just in case.

#9 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:11 PM

It looks like you have fixed some bug with Zquest that was freezing in the program process (Windows 7). icon_smile.gif

#10 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:58 PM

Quick, everyone download it before tomorrow!!! Before it turns back into a pumpikin!! icon_biggrin.gif It's no joke! There's no time to waste!! icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif

QUOTE(Giggidy @ Apr 1 2011, 02:24 PM) View Post

RC as in remote-controlled. *batteries not included*
-You can now play ZC from a distance of up to 3 feet!! ... (Or more if you have a longer cable.) icon_freak.gif

Actually, RC as in really-cool. icon_razz.gif

#11 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE(Gleeok)
Quick, everyone download it before tomorrow!!! Before it turns back into a pumpikin!! It's no joke! There's no time to waste!!

WHAT? PUMPKIN? WHAT? PUMPKIN WHAT?

*Ahem...* Anyway, yes, this is pretty awesome. Finally, after more than half a decade, it's finally nearly ready for release. I commend you all, developers, for your hard work. icon_thumbsup.gif

#12 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:28 PM

Hm, something definitely went wrong with the Windows build. Sorry, looking into it.

#13 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:46 PM

You guys should also REALLY try to fix the freezing problem with ZC and ZQ with Windows 7.
You know, when you can do stuff, but nothing happens until you move the screen with the mouse again.
I hate it when it happens. icon_sweat.gif

Edited by Lynker, 01 April 2011 - 09:47 PM.

#14 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:50 PM

All right, should be fixed now. Not sure why only Windows would be affected, so I updated Linux, too, just in case. Scripters, be sure to test drawing commands, especially on layer 7.

QUOTE(Lynker @ Apr 1 2011, 10:46 PM) View Post
You guys should also REALLY try to fix the freezing problem with ZC and ZQ with Windows 7.
You know, when you can do stuff, but nothing happens until you move the screen with the mouse again.
I hate it when it happens. icon_sweat.gif

Change your power settings.

#15 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE(Saffith @ Apr 1 2011, 08:28 PM) View Post

Hm, something definitely went wrong with the Windows build. Sorry, looking into it.

im guessing you saw what i was talking about. im glad i caught that bug.... everyone, this is the time to start looking for bugs. The more we find, the closer we get to getting zc 2.5 completed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users